187 replies to this topic

#151 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

I want to know how consistent this gun will be. I want a on/off and different body looks ugly to me. People will buy it and think they are better then a ego11.

Ions are better than ego11s
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#152 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

I want to know what the board will be like. It says it comes with several modes like PSP and NPPL, but are the ROF caps adjustable?

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#153 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I want to know what the board will be like. It says it comes with several modes like PSP and NPPL, but are the ROF caps adjustable?

I'd have to imagine, Of course?

But the Ego 11 is shiny. :(

Dosent the Ego 11 only come in dust colours?

Feedback 2/0/0

#154 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

If it has at least the programming capability of the electro X7 Phenom the yes.

http://www.tippmann....Phenom_0810.pdf

Rate-of-Fire - (Factory Default Value = 13 bps) The Rate-of-Fire menu item may be used to
change the Safe Full-Auto Firing mode. This is the only Firing Mode which is affected by this
menu item. All other Firing modes cannot have their rate of fire adjusted. This menu item can
be changed only to values of 8 bps to 15 bps.

#155 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

I want to know how consistent this gun will be. I want a on/off and different body looks ugly to me. People will buy it and think they are better then a ego11.

I'll just leave this here for you:

Posted Image

#156 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

This marker will just be like the Phenom with a centerfeed, eyes and hopefully a better trigger.

#157 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

It looks neat, but I doubt I'll be buying one. There's tons of things I would rather use that cash for. It's nice to see them try something new though. Kudos for that. :tup:
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#158 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

If it has at least the programming capability of the electro X7 Phenom the yes.

http://www.tippmann....Phenom_0810.pdf

Rate-of-Fire - (Factory Default Value = 13 bps) The Rate-of-Fire menu item may be used to
change the Safe Full-Auto Firing mode. This is the only Firing Mode which is affected by this
menu item. All other Firing modes cannot have their rate of fire adjusted. This menu item can
be changed only to values of 8 bps to 15 bps.

Oh cool. If this thing can be programmed stock (so it will be tourny legal) I think I'd love this.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#159 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'll just leave this here for you:

Posted Image

I'd shoot a custom built ion over an ego11 if the ion was built to my specs, which means it would have like zero stock parts. I like spool valves better, and ions can be damn good shooting markers. Just watch some upped ion shooting videos (or find one in real life) and tell me all about how much better the ego11 shoots.

The ion hate will forever plague the paintball community lol

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#160 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

I hope this marker is a success, compatition is good for every market. Will I buy 1? no...I thought about it but I just bought and AXE instead last week. I cant wait tell I see one in the field tho!

#161 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Still overpriced...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#162 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I find it funny how a stock ion can shoot quieter, smoother, and chop less than an ego and every eclipse gun except maybe a geo, yet people hate on them so much.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#163 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Meh, it's a spoolie, and the Ego is a stacked tube. Not to mention that taking out the bolt is a PITA.

#164 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

You're going to compare an Ion to an Ego? What are you smoking?

#165 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

truth stick

#166 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Looks decent enough, the trigger looks like complete garbage to me though

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#167 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Shot a Crossover during an insert at Living Legends. The barrel wasn't that bad for being 12" instead of the 14" I usually shoot. Shot great, no breaks. Selector switch felt solid and I only used it in Mech mode. Grip frame feels like a 2x4, all squared off. Went bang when I needed it to, like a Tippmann. Not sure I would pass on an Axe or Etha for the Crossover though.

Posted Image

Jay

Edited by JOESPUD27, 23 May 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#168 Trailmixorz

Trailmixorz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

This gun is actually fairly big too, unlike what i thought in the picture. I was messing around with one at my local field and its kinda heavy too. Not bad though, especially the mech mode.

#169 AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Shot a Crossover during an insert at Living Legends. The barrel wasn't that bad for being 12" instead of the 14" I usually shoot. Shot great, no breaks. Selector switch felt solid and I only used it in Mech mode. Grip frame feels like a 2x4, all squared off. Went bang when I needed it to, like a Tippmann. Not sure I would pass on an Axe or Etha for the Crossover though.

Jay

That's exactly the problem with the pricing. Who buys this when there are better options for the price? Everyone I've talked to about this gun is all "It's not bad, but too expensive". Tippmann must be insane if they think seasoned ballers who know their shit will touch this thing, unless they've got money to burn.

Reduce the price point to around $300 and people will start buying these. Until then only Tippman fanboys, electro haters or noobs will seriously look at this.

#170 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Jay

That's exactly the problem with the pricing. Who buys this when there are better options for the price? Everyone I've talked to about this gun is all "It's not bad, but too expensive". Tippmann must be insane if they think seasoned ballers who know their shit will touch this thing, unless they've got money to burn.

Reduce the price point to around $300 and people will start buying these. Until then only Tippman fanboys, electro haters or noobs will seriously look at this.

My main holdups with buying the Crossover would be that I currently don't own any A5 threaded barrels and I didn't use the electronic mode. I do like that it has both mech and electro modes though. Waiting for a few more Crossovers to get out to see what the initial thoughts are.

Jay

#171 SnoWolf79

SnoWolf79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Is there anyway on caping the mechanical mode or preventing it from being used?

Reason for asking is that the local formats here cap the firing rate at either 10.5 or 12.5 depending on the field/tournament rules...

Without a limiter what prevents a player from running in a competition and disengaging or having the battery fail and then run uncapped????

Posted Image

#172 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Is there anyway on caping the mechanical mode or preventing it from being used?

Reason for asking is that the local formats here cap the firing rate at either 10.5 or 12.5 depending on the field/tournament rules...

Without a limiter what prevents a player from running in a competition and disengaging or having the battery fail and then run uncapped????

The mech trigger can't really go that fast. There is no need for a cap on it.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#173 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Somewhere I read about the tournament lock, but I'd assume that for battery operation only.

Jay

Edited by JOESPUD27, 23 May 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#174 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I held one at LL. They are really really long and comfy. The trigger felt like shit but it was demo gun so im sure you could adjust it. It also had a good bit of weight to it.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#175 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

I find it funny how a stock ion can shoot quieter, smoother, and chop less than an ego and every eclipse gun except maybe a geo, yet people hate on them so much.

... DAFUQ

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#176 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

/necro
Has anyone here played around with one of these outside of a demo? I am looking into buying a Speedball gun of some kind, and coming from an alpha black/a5 this looks like a good way to get in to electros while standing with one foot safely planted into my mech//reverse blowback comfort zone.

Also, if it's A5 threaded... Does anyone know if the flatline is compatible?

#177 madsnipes

madsnipes

Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

/necro
Has anyone here played around with one of these outside of a demo? I am looking into buying a Speedball gun of some kind, and coming from an alpha black/a5 this looks like a good way to get in to electros while standing with one foot safely planted into my mech//reverse blowback comfort zone.

Also, if it's A5 threaded... Does anyone know if the flatline is compatible?

dont necro threads, it would have just been easier to make another thread in the equipment advice section

however in terms performance compared to other speedball guns in the price, the crossover is lacking.
its loud, heavy, bulky and comes with bad parts on the gun (awful barrel, no on/off, bad feedneck, bad grips, etc.)
the only significant advantage it has is that it can switch to mech mode but besides that id skip it.
from what i hear the board is pretty terrible too

i dont think the flatline is compatable

Edited by madsnipes, 23 June 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#178 sicmyde

sicmyde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Would anyone recommend the crossover to a noob over an Extcy? just trying out which other guns would compete with it outside of pricing

Getting Started

Once Again

#179 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Would anyone recommend the crossover to a noob over an Extcy? just trying out which other guns would compete with it outside of pricing

Nope. Extcy is better.

I love you.

#180 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

tried one. pretty nice but the trigger is shit

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#181 Valiant

Valiant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

I have only two complaints about this gun...one.. the trigger. Super stiff. My friend and i took it apart and found that tippmann put a magnet AND a spring in the trigger assembly. The result is a super hard and unwalkable trigger. We took the spring out and now the trigger is super walkable and it shot amazing!

The only other complaint is the packaging. For $400+ the gun comes in a colorful cardboard box and a limited amount of extras. The Planet Eclipse Etha come with a hard case and a ton more o rings and tools.

my .02 cents.

~Valiant~

#182 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

They probably left the spring in their for a stiffer trigger for mech users.

Tippmann has a thing for making their markers easily for modifications. I wont be doubting a "Reg swap" mod from inside the marker for a different one later.

#183 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Spring was put in there to pass bounce tests..no other reason. Guys at my local proshop are the nephews of the founder of Tippmann and were explaining that. They actually remove the spring before selling it to you and just put it in a baggy incase you want to put it in.

#184 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

it is a pretty sweet marker. it's on the heavy side

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#185 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Spring was put in there to pass bounce tests..no other reason. Guys at my local proshop are the nephews of the founder of Tippmann and were explaining that. They actually remove the spring before selling it to you and just put it in a baggy incase you want to put it in.

Wish I had one right now to test this.... :lol:

#186 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Got my Crossover yesterday. Lots of rub on the barrel and side of the body where they slid back in forth on the cardboard box in transit. However, the barrel was separated from the body in the box. The clamping lever and sprocket had vibrated apart and were loose in the box. Both a rotor and old 9vt revvy fit nicely in the feedneck. Doesn't appear to have shipped with a battery.

I have no air, have to wait till Sunday to shoot it.

Jay

#187 Legit Paintballa

Legit Paintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think its a cool idea, but an axe or vice would still come out on top

#188 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Used it Sunday on mech mode for 95% of the shooting. One of the atackers charges influenced my decision to go electronic. Millennium mode capped at 10bps. You could tell the gun was still breaking in. I was shooting masks, packs, and barrel tips. 1 out of every 15 shots or so would be crazy swirly. So much so I'd look into the barrel expecting a break, nothing. Myself and a friend shot about 2500rds thought it, no barrel brakes or chops that I know of. There were random leaks above the trigger and out of the asa/reg. Some oil seemed to fix those. The Tippmann tech onsite helped me out with the leaks. Since I'm new to "spoolies" I'm hoping somebody does a nice video of breakdown/cleaning of the bolt system. It's a fun gun.

Jay

Edited by JOESPUD27, 02 July 2012 - 10:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users