#1 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hi,

I have been tasked with the job of turning our club into a club sport, and one thing required is a budget. I believe this is excel format, and must reach out 3 years. I was wondering, for those of you who are part of NCPA, how do you set this up? Do you include paint? Transportation? How do you price transportation? How do I see how much events are 3 years from now? How much paint do you use per event?

Thanks!
-Wisco

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#2 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

Hi,

I have been tasked with the job of turning our club into a club sport, and one thing required is a budget. I believe this is excel format, and must reach out 3 years. I was wondering, for those of you who are part of NCPA, how do you set this up? Do you include paint? Transportation? How do you price transportation? How do I see how much events are 3 years from now? How much paint do you use per event?

Thanks!
-Wisco

It depends on which events you play. How often you plan to play events. Doing a budget for 3years is pretty long personally. Unless your school is requesting it from you, I wouldn't do it haha. We usually do ours year by year or a two year budget. Just to see where our club bank accounts will be at next year. Sadly with a sport such as Paintball, a lot of factors and money come into play. But if your school wants a 3year budget, make up the one year's budget. And then multiple by 3/copy paste for each year and say you plan on doing roughly the same thing every year.

If you plan to play Class A or Class AA is a deciding factor. Class A (Xball) is A LOT more expensive than Class AA (5man).

When we budget out our year. We look at which tournaments we plan to play. Which scenario's or events we want to play as a club. (We leave out practices from the budget because we just do practices 100% out of pocket)

We just estimate how many people would be going to each Tournament/Event. Entry fees for those. Calculate transportation costs. Any hotel fees if the event is far away. How much paint we estimate we will shoot

Events 3 years from now won't change much. I would just use the same pricing. If you really want, you could find out past prices for the events over the last few years, and get a better picture of where the price might be 3 years from now if you see a pattern with the prices.

Paint depends on the event. Tournaments, a good way to budget is a case per game played. If you play 5man you are usually put into brackets with 4 other teams. Raceto2. Can play minimum of 8 games in prelims and max of 12 games. Semi-finals are 2-3 more games, Finals is 2-3 more games. Prelims you usually avg 10games played. Semi and Finals usually avg of 5 games. I would budget for 15 games which is 15 cases. You will probably end up realistically shooting 11 to 13 cases.. But budget for 15 to be safe. Budget for 18games/cases if you really want to be safe..
*NCPA Nationals Class AA has ochos/quarter-finals and stuff though too you need to factor in

Gas prices you just have to try and predict, I know where I live they fluctuate so much it sucks. Hotels we usually budget to $125 a room. But we usually find rooms for under $100 but you never know... Depends on other events going on in the region at the time of the event.

Food we have each person pay out of pocket. We will put water/gatorade though into our budget because that is something we can use as a team at the events.

Edited by Kirko017, 23 March 2012 - 03:13 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#3 VTcadet

VTcadet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

100% right listen to him^

1 user(s) are reading this topic