8 replies to this topic

#1 Håkon

Håkon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a good reliable camcorder for around 300$. I'v been looking at the Contour GPS but wondering if there is any others that i'v overlooked that might be better. As long as the sound is allright and it shots 720/1080p im allright.

#2 RichyJ

RichyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

GOPRO HD 2. Nothing else compares. Nothing. Haha the Contour is good, and so is the Drift, but I find none get as good quality as the GoPro, and are not as versatile. It may be a square and not a tube, but it pays off, and this month coming they are releasing a Wi-Fi bacpak, going to be very useful. Check the youtube linked for some edits that are all filmed using GoPro!

#3 Håkon

Håkon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

GOPRO HD 2. Nothing else compares. Nothing. Haha the Contour is good, and so is the Drift, but I find none get as good quality as the GoPro, and are not as versatile. It may be a square and not a tube, but it pays off, and this month coming they are releasing a Wi-Fi bacpak, going to be very useful. Check the youtube linked for some edits that are all filmed using GoPro!

will it stand against a hit from a paintball just as it is or is it best to get the casing?
PS: thanks for the link! helps alot

Edited by Håkon, 28 February 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#4 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

ive had almost every go pro theyve made and i can completely agree that their quality and strength/toughness are unmatched by any other cams..well worth the price(ps the back packs make the thing like a digital cam which is a plus!

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

will it stand against a hit from a paintball just as it is or is it best to get the casing?

Better, the casing comes with it!Posted Image

#6 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

itll take you using it a baseball LOL durability is nuts!

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#7 Håkon

Håkon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

hahaha, good to know if i get some insane idea in the future. Thanks all for the quick reply. Think ill go for the Go Pro Hero 2 then :D But one thing, where do you prefer to mount it? Dont like the gun cam view, so want to somewhere on my head preferred :P

#8 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

hahaha, good to know if i get some insane idea in the future. Thanks all for the quick reply. Think ill go for the Go Pro Hero 2 then :D But one thing, where do you prefer to mount it? Dont like the gun cam view, so want to somewhere on my head preferred :P

im 99% percent sure they have a many different head cam/ goggle cam mounts so one should work for you!

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#9 epic meal time

epic meal time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

you cant use it without the casing unless you're holding it *facepalm*

edit: get a bike handlebar mount, and put it on your barrel.

Edited by epic meal time, 28 February 2012 - 08:56 PM.

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

VICE F/S/T

EPIC MEAL TIME BABAAYYYY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users