#1 DJ Brain Dead

DJ Brain Dead

The Baby Punter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys!

Well I havent been on here for a long time, since I took a break from paintball, but now im back. But to start off this rant I want to say that parents and paintball dont mix to great. So my story sarts off about a week ago. I was searching on craiglist, and ebay trying to find a better gun (Geo, Ego, etc.) So I finally found some, some used ego 9s and a geo 2 in poison color. For around $600, so I decided to go talk to my parents about selling some things, like old paintball gear that I dont use, and maybe my invert mini, and maybe some old games. So I talk to her, and she says "Thats perfectly fine with me, but go talk to your father." So when he gets home I talk to him about it. But hes just the opposite. He thinks everygun shoots the same no matter what. And that Im not allowed to sell any gear to buy a better gun. Note: I bought all my gear with my own money, no help from my parents, So I was pretty Pissed after this little talk.
So am I not allowed to sell the things that "I" own and bought. Now I love my parents, but sometimes they can be annoying. I have to say im dissapointed in how my parents still treat me as if im 5. Im going on 15 soon, and I really wish I could have some freedom. I love my parents so much, but sometimes feel as if they absolutely hate paintball, and they dont understand it at all.
So this isnt my longest rant, but its something to get off my chest, so Im glad im back, And hope you guys have a good night!

From, Brandon
Yeah I use an Invert Mini.... You got a problem wit that?

#2 OneManArmy

OneManArmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Sucks to suck, I understand though my parents are the same way...

Edited by OneManArmy, 28 February 2012 - 08:52 PM.

She likes her ponies? Fuck ponies. Turn that shit into a unicorn.

#3 Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool

U mirin?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

If your mini works just roll with that, save your money to play and grow as a player. There's no reason for a 14 year old to have a geo 2 unless they're playing on a national level, and in that case, your parents would have to back you financially anyways because there's no way a 14 year old could pay they're way threw a psp event.

#4 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

I know that they're your parents and it's a different situation but I would sell it anyway.

#5 DJ Brain Dead

DJ Brain Dead

The Baby Punter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

listen its not that im even good, but I love the geo, and ever since Ive started paintball years ago, Ive wanted one. Now that im old enough to have responisibility I am trying to buy one. I know people who have luxes, and geos and not psp worthy. But its a goal of mine. not disrespecting anyone opinion on this but its like one of my goals I want to complete.

#6 Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool

U mirin?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's not the fact that your not good enough to play psp, it's the fact that you already have a full functioning mini that can compete at any level.When I was 14 I shot a mini every weekend for a over a year and loved it. In that time I played several 3 man tournaments and placed in the top 3 in all of them. Sure I could have went out and bought a more expensive gun but instead I used that money to make myself a better player. I'm 16 now and yes I've upgraded to an ego but the point I'm trying to make is that the gun doesn't make the player.

#7 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

To them it isn't worth the money. I get that to you it is, but they don't see a paintball gun as a justified investment.

Do you think $400 high heels are worth it? probably not. Girls do though. It's the same situation.

Quite honestly I can admit I spent at least $10,000 of my my own, and parents money on paintball. Since I stopped playing I feel that a fraction of that was justified money.

Edited by `kook, 28 February 2012 - 09:44 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#8 DJ Brain Dead

DJ Brain Dead

The Baby Punter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Well my mini isnt in the best working condition, and while I do take care of guns, I have the personal goal of buying one of these guns on my own, not that I dont like my mini, and everything, but im not on a team anymore and I would like a gun like a geo. Now I know I may not get it soon but still its a goal.

#9 zuchaka

zuchaka

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

at least your not stuck with a terrible gun, but ya your dad thinks he is teaching you about fiscal responsibility and the reality is its your money .......i would see it your way at your age and i am a lot older than you and i still wanna horde guns so i hear ya man

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

My parents thought the Azodin blitz was too much at $170, I found an Ego 6 with good upgrades, perfect condition. $300. I offered to BUY it, instead of them getting me a $170 gun for Christmas. "No, do you really need a $300 gun? $170 is already to expensive, it is pointless to spend it on that"...

Oh, and selling on eBay... They said a flat out no because they don't want to have to deal with shipping.

I have been playing guitar since I was 6, I'm 13. I have 6 guitars, only use 2. I can't sell them... Some are even like 35+ years old... I could make so much money off of that stuff, and I have old amps too.

They say it is pointless to have a yard sale also...

Well, I just made a mini rant inside a rant.

#11 EHz

EHz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

I see the argument. I'm not going to try and sound reasonable or anything, but they may be right. Don't get me wrong I want an ego so badly. Even an axe would make my day! But there are some things that get priorities over paintball. I'm going out saturday for what may be my last game this year since I want to save up for a car and other non-paintball items. And it sucks, I want to keep playing. But that's $1000 I can easily put towards a new phone or car insurance. I actually do wish I was 15 again so I wouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff. I can't work like I did at 16 because being an I.B. student already takes up so much time. Ain't nothing wrong with putting your dreams on hold. Just don't give up on them. Btw, my mom is one of those (or the only) people that thought a Blitz looked like a real firearm -__-

#12 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Dang,that sucks bro. I'm sorry . Hope things get better for you.
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#13 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

My parents thought the Azodin blitz was too much at $170, I found an Ego 6 with good upgrades, perfect condition. $300. I offered to BUY it, instead of them getting me a $170 gun for Christmas. "No, do you really need a $300 gun? $170 is already to expensive, it is pointless to spend it on that"...

Oh, and selling on eBay... They said a flat out no because they don't want to have to deal with shipping.

I have been playing guitar since I was 6, I'm 13. I have 6 guitars, only use 2. I can't sell them... Some are even like 35+ years old... I could make so much money off of that stuff, and I have old amps too.

Maybe your parents are the small percent who don't like cash.
Posted Image

I love you.

#14 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

Maybe your parents are the small percent who don't like cash.
Posted Image

Can't argue with facts
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users