26 replies to this topic

#1 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

anyone live around here that plays alot of paintball?

#2 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Im pretty sure there is not a field around there if thats what your asking. If there is i have never heard of it.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#3 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

wizards paintball, thats about it. about a 25 minute drive for me.

#4 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Never heard of it.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#5 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm in Murray. There's Wizardland Paintball. Not sure where it's at exactly but google it you should find it. There's also Shooter's Supply in Paducah. I'm taking a group on the 28th of April to Shooter's - it's my first time there but it's supposed to be decent.

#6 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Bro if i were you i wouldn't go to shooters. Wizards has nicer fields and a nicer environment. Prices are cheaper too. its bring your own paint, and its 10 bucks for all day admission, and all day co2/hpa. Rooster (the owner) is the coolest guy i know in paintball. The people at shooters are only in it for the money, and aren't very friendly. Went there once, and already had as much as i could take of that crap. Wizards is the best

#7 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Our group is already signed up to go to Shooter's otherwise I'd plan on going to Wizards. We have a bunch of first-timers and rentals and quite a few live in Paducah so it made more sense to choose the closer location.

Is Shooter's that bad? Are these guys going to have a bad paintball experience if we go there?

#8 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Its not super super bad, i just enjoy wizards more. :P Ive only been there a couple of times, and that was a while back. If shooters is where you sighed up for then go play there and form your own opinion. If you like it then cool! if you don't then give wizards a try.

Sorry if i made that sound too harsh. That was not my goal. I was just in a bad mood yesterday. haha

Edited by Plan_B_1995, 24 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#9 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yeah it's no problem. I played at Wizards back in 2004 and it was pretty fun. I'll probably check it out again before I graduate and move back to Ohio.

Does Wizards have a website or anything? I found it hard to get information about it online.

#10 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

No i don't think there is a website for wizards. But you can google it and find the address, reviews, and his phone number if im not mistaken. Ive been there a couple times within the last month. So if you have any questions feel free to ask. And if your going to go there like in 2 or 3 weeks or so just let me know. I can have a group of at least 4 or 5 there if that's ok with you. We need some new paintballers around here haha Not too many people that i know of that actually play

Edited by Plan_B_1995, 25 April 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#11 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yeah that'd be fun. I really don't know if I'll be in the area or not. Just depends on where I get a job. If I'm around though I'll PM you on here and let you know. Always down for some paintball.

#12 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Alright sweet. looking forward to it

#13 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Our massive group ended up backing out on me last minute so now we're down to only like 3-4 people plus myself. I was looking at Wizardland but I wasn't sure if they had rental gear. None of my friends have gear so they'd need a rental mask, gun, tank, etc.

Think Rooster has rental gear?

#14 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Definitely looking at Wizard Land now since it's closer and cheaper. I can't get a hold of Rooster though. Can you toss me his number? The one I found online (270-474-8712) just keeps ringing with no response. Still got the issue of rental gear, but plenty of paint haha.

#15 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yeah rooster has rental gear. It consists of various types of masks, gravity feed hoppers, and tippman 68 carbines. Not the best but they get the job done. Ill have to check on the prices on rental equipment though. I have forgotten how much it costs. haha And it might be a couple weeks before i go out and play again, because i just played this weekend. Kinda running low on funds at the moment lol

#16 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yeah thats the right number. Sometimes he just isnt around, try calling him later and if he dosnt answer be sure to leave a voice mail and im pretty sure he will get back to you about it

#17 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Ok thanks man. It just kept ringing though - no voicemail. I'll try him later or tomorrow. Glad to know he has rental gear. Much appreciated!

#18 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Alright. maybe if i dig around enough i can get his cell for you. And no problem, always happy to help!

#19 hobo1222

hobo1222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

He will make it a note to call you back. He dosnt answer very often lol. And to add in case you dont have paint you can buy it there. But he buys 50 dollar paint and sells it back for the same price

#20 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

He will make it a note to call you back. He dosnt answer very often lol. And to add in case you dont have paint you can buy it there. But he buys 50 dollar paint and sells it back for the same price

That being said, it is also a good idea to call ahead and let him know your going to need to buy paint. He buys it the day of, to make sure you have fresh paint. Or you can just bring your own paint. your choice.

#21 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

He called me back just a little while ago. Said he has enough rentals for our group so we're definitely planning on going. I'm just concerned there won't be many other people there. Do a lot of people normally show up?

#22 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Had a blast today. Hope to do it again soon. If anyone is planning on going, let me know.

#23 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Had a blast today. Hope to do it again soon. If anyone is planning on going, let me know.

Me and my friends are going to make a trip up there within the next couple of weeks. Ill pm you when we know the date for sure. How was it? was it what you expected?

#24 zunath

zunath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

We had a lot of fun but most of the rental equipment didn't work that well. Some of them wouldn't chrono past like 150 and others were all over the place (200, 150, 400, lol). After a few equipment swaps though things were okay. I mean, you get what you pay for I suppose. But yeah, we had a lot of fun and was a great day for playing.

#25 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Looking to go play with some people in the next week or so. Ill probably going to go to wizards, and i can bring 4 or 5 people with me. Anyone in?

#26 SithKnightBB

SithKnightBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

info: there is a charity 3man tournament Saturday October 13 at wizardland paintball. $100 a team. let me know if anyone's interested.

#27 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Just in case anyone around here is free on the 13th of april, me and a group of about 5, possibly 10 people are going to wizard land paintball for the day. Mainly just some relaxed, chill people to play with. We only get serious if you make us. Haha. Hit me up on here if you think you might be able to make it. Hope to see some people out there! Really need to get some more paintball stuff going on around here, because it's pretty dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users