4 replies to this topic

#1 Godzilla4

Godzilla4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Im 21 on March 14th.
I have been playing paintball since I was 15.
Never been on a team but watched it played with friends woods and xball.
Looking to get on a team and actually advance instead of just playing here there when friends want to.
If I could I would play everyday. Right now I have grave yard shift so my days are open!
Right now I do not have pants or a jersey. I have an empire e-vent mask, about to get a dye I4.
Running with an 07 Dye PMR and Etek 2. Love both and both are for sale. Working on getting a DLX Luxe or Dye NT.
Dye Rotor and a 68ci 45 and 88ci 45.

#2 xNuRve

xNuRve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

where exactly are you located
Etek 3 with ups - Etek 3 - TechPB Forum

#3 Godzilla4

Godzilla4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Avon ohio, just west of Cleveland

#4 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Honestly. If you really want to join a speedball/xball team. Try to make the drive to TPA in Alliance, Ohio. A lot of really good speed ball teams play there. It is a good drive from Avon but is honestly the best place to play if your looking to get better. People are willing to teach you and help you improve, you just have to ask.

As for teams. A lot of teams there are playing big tournaments right now and you would have to have some skill already to get on those teams as they have already built up over the years and are ready to win tournaments they enter in now.

But you always have teams such as the one I am on, Eminence. We have been building our team up from nothing since 2009. We understand it sucks getting started in this sport because you cant just jumped on a good team and ball and win because you have that whole learning process. We are working on forming a second Eminence team this season. To play local 3man/5man. We already have sponsors in place, knowledge and experience to pass down, etc. We have been through the process and trying to make it easier for players that want to as well. Also trying to build players so we have more players that can compete on the regional/national level with our main team when they are ready.
University of Akron Paintball Club plays at TPA and they have a bunch of newer players also learning and trying to get better, great group of guys. Can also play with them even if you're not in the actual UA Club.

Second option would be Drop Zone in the Youngstown area. They have a couple teams that play there. Extraction, Misfit Mafia, etc. They have a good facility. Third option is going to Warzone in Sylvania over by Toledo. They have some decent teams up there and a good facility as well.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#5 Godzilla4

Godzilla4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

All I really need to learn are the terms of every bunker but I can play Front, Mid, or Back which ever would be needed. I am not a new player to the sport nor to a team situation. Played baseball all my life and also played for the college. I plan to go to TPA.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users