• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Okay so iv just started to get into the Psp and NPPL stuff heavily and i want to know the penalties. Ik like 1 for 1 but what causes a team to get the penalties? And how long in the "penalty box" does each get you and how does the box work? You just come out when your time is up?
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#2 OR Baller CST

OR Baller CST

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

There are major and minor penalties. Minors; are for 1:30 and if your team loses the point it gets erased and you start the next point with everyone. Majors; are for 2:00 and stay whether your team wins or loses the point.

#3 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I dont know exactly but there are lots of ways your team can get penalties. For exemple if you get shot and still rolling your gun, it is a major penalty. I dont know how the minor works but i think its like you get shot, dont see but your not shooting or make something on the game that will modify it, someone told me that but iam not sure.

Also, minor penalties only 1 player get out ( the one that got penalty ) and on Major penalty, the one who got it gets pulled out + the closest teammate
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#4 CPXmatt

CPXmatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

throwing your equipment on the field=ejected from tourniment and/or suspended from league. could possibly get your team ejected as well.

more than 5 feet away from your dropped equipment=sent to the deadbox immediately (not including empty pods)...For example, you run out of pods so you take off your pack, if you get more than 5 feet away from your dropped pack, you are a dead player

#5 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Okay thanks guys. I actualy got called for a minor yesterday at a tournoment. I got hit in the pack and didnt feel or hear it or anything and a ref noticed when i moved bunkers ik that was a 1:30 min penaltie. But i saw another team do the same think basicly and they got called for a 1 for 1... Idk what they did difrently.

Same *thing* sorry

#6 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

3.11.4. RaceTo-2 Penalties
3.11.4.1. A judge will eliminate an active player for each minor penalty received by a team.
3.11.4.2. A judge will eliminate two active players for each major or gross penalty received by
a team.
3.11.4.2.1. A player receiving a gross penalty may not play for the next 3 points played
by the team21
3.11.4.3. If a penalty is assessed against an active player, the player against whom the
penalty is assessed must be one of the players eliminated.
3.11.4.4. If there are insufficient active players remaining on the field of play to satisfy the
penalty, the team will be assessed a penalty minute against their total game time remaining
for that round for each player unable to be eliminated.
3.11.4.5. If a penalty is assessed during the break period immediately prior to a point the
team is scheduled to play, the team will start short one player for each player that would
normally be eliminated by the penalty.
3.11.4.6. If a penalty is assessed neither during a point the team is playing nor during the
break period prior to the team's next point, the team will be assessed a penalty minute for
each player that would normally have been eliminated by the penalty.22
3.11.5. RaceTo-4/5 Penalties
3.11.5.1. A judge will eliminate an active player for each minor penalty received by a team.
3.11.5.2. A judge will eliminate two active players for each major or gross penalty received by
a team.
3.11.5.2.1. A player receiving a gross penalty may not play for the next 10 minutes of
match time.23
3.11.5.3. If a penalty is assessed against an active player, the player receiving the penalty
must be one of the players eliminated.
3.11.5.4. If there are insufficient active players remaining on the field of play to satisfy the
penalty, the team will be assessed a penalty strike for each player unable to be
eliminated.24
3.11.5.4.1. A team starts a point up to two players short for each penalty strike a team
has at the start of the point.
3.11.5.4.2. Up to two penalty strikes are removed at the start of each point.
3.11.5.4.3. If at any time a team has five or more penalty strikes, three penalty strikes
are removed and the opposing team scores one point.
3.11.5.5. If a penalty is assessed before a match or during a break period, the team will have
a penalty strike assessed in lieu of each player that would otherwise have been
eliminated.

Edited by Kirko017, 23 March 2012 - 01:56 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#7 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

Penalty Box is for only the Pro Division and maybe D1 now? in the PSP.. Ever since they changed from Xball to RaceTo I am pretty sure they did away with boxes in the divisional play.

I personally loved Xball and penalty boxes. And playing timed games not raceto. Added more to the game and made it more fun to play.

But yeah basically you can get penalties for swearing, throwing gear, talking after shot, roster or staff leaving your pits, talking from pits, over shooting(bounce balling) someone who is clearly out, gun shooting over 300fps, gun shoot faster than 12.5bps, yellow gear, playing when your hit, etc. Those all vary.

But really, the main ones are the hit penalties. If you play on and have an obvious hit on your body that you can feel and see it that is a major penalty. If the ref thinks it is an non obvious hit(hopper, pods, pack) then it is a minor. However most refs are understanding and won't throw a minor unless they think you know you got hit, shot someone out after being hit, or did a major move after getting hit. If you get hit in the hopper or pack/pods and you flinch and/or tuck into the bunker or move out of the way a little after you get hit in the hopper or pack the ref is going assume you felt a ball hit you, you didn't call for a check, and you will get a minor or major for it. Depends on the ref honestly and if they think you clearly played on. If you get hit in the arm or something you should be able to look and see if you got hit, and you call for a check for it, that is a minor I believe. If you get bunkered and he shoots you then as he passes you, you spin and shoot him real quick while he is bunkering you that is a major.

Edited by Kirko017, 23 March 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#8 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

most penalties are from going out of bounds, and ignoring or attempting to wipe hits. but there are some rarer ones like abandoning equipment, or making physical contact with the other team.

#9 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

The series i played in last year pritty much coppied PSP in every way, which was kinda cool. so they used penalty boxes and stuff. After playing an entire season i understand the penalties a little better but not fully.

#10 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

So I was watching derder short bus from psp Chicago this past season and a player broke out without a mask on lmao. Idk how the reffs didn't notice that but he didn't even get a penalty the reff just pulled him

#11 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

hits that they can't see and playing on, or hits they can see and still playing on

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#12 VibePower17

VibePower17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Okay thanks guys. I actualy got called for a minor yesterday at a tournoment. I got hit in the pack and didnt feel or hear it or anything and a ref noticed when i moved bunkers ik that was a 1:30 min penaltie. But i saw another team do the same think basicly and they got called for a 1 for 1... Idk what they did difrently.

Same *thing* sorry

Spell check seriously...

#13 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

your penaltie for clicking this thread

Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner