18 replies to this topic

#1 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I am looking into getting a 50 cal marker. I have several options and I'm not sure what to do. Is there a big difference between a Milsim GI 50 and the Milsim Nano or Impulse? Would it be better to get a 68 cal gun that can accept a 50 cal kit? Would it perform just as well? Help please.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#2 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

Ego with 50 cal conversion kit. Honestly going to be the best choice. 50 cal specific markers are going to be harder to get parts for since the push for it has kind of died out.

Posted Image

"the traccer is all plasticy and feels like an old BE gun when you pump it. yuck!"- cockerpunk May 31, 2011 11:47 am

I wouldn't trust someone who makes an ad like that to fill a cup of water.

#3 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

The nano and impulse are hard to get parts for, the gi 50 and micro 50 are very similar to the sp1 and vide which allows you to be able to get may of those part for the exeption og the bolt and chamber. The board and eyes should be the same

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

The nano and impulse are hard to get parts for, the gi 50 and micro 50 are very similar to the sp1 and vide which allows you to be able to get may of those part for the exeption og the bolt and chamber. The board and eyes should be the same

A little true, but I really don't see my nano needed any parts change since the wear is minimal. And I'm sure gi will still have parts.

Edited by cybermaniac15, 07 March 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

I am looking into getting a 50 cal marker. I have several options and I'm not sure what to do. Is there a big difference between a Milsim GI 50 and the Milsim Nano or Impulse? Would it be better to get a 68 cal gun that can accept a 50 cal kit? Would it perform just as well? Help please.

The main difference between the nano and the impulse is the nano will be lighter, and a little less efficient, way quieter, and way smoother. (still super efficient for a spool, mainly cause its 50 cal).
The impulse will be louder and little more efficient.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

IIRC, the Micro and Nano are basically the same guns, which are both .50 Ions. In fact, all of GI Milsim's .50 spools are basically just .50 Ions. Only the Impulse is a .50 poppet version of the regular Impulse. You can get the Micro for much cheaper than the Nano, and it should have the same performance as the Nano.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 07 March 2012 - 03:34 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#7 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

IIRC, the Micro and Nano are basically the same guns, which are both .50 Ions. In fact, all of GI Milsim's .50 spools are basically just .50 Ions. Only the Impulse is a .50 poppet version of the regular Impulse. You can get the Micro for much cheaper than the Nano, and it should have the same performance as the Nano.

Wow, thanks man. Anyone know what options I may have for conversion kits for 68 cal guns? Some one mentioned PE made some for their guns, does anyone else?

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#8 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have a nano the eyes messed up and I've been looking for supposrt from gi for 7 months and they are no where to be found

#9 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

I've heard the same ^ No one seems to be able to find GI Milsim...
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#10 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sounds like the Micro is the way to go. Can't find it anywhere though. Can I mod and use my pinokio on a Micro? I saw Mike mod his Pinokio but he was using it on an Ego with a kit... Is it possible?

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#11 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

You may be able to you would need to do a mod of some kind the feedneck is super small

#12 bball

bball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

found some micros
http://www.punishers...-guns_3038.aspx

#13 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

They are out of stock they need to update the site

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

You could go on the actual GI Milsim site and find them there. I'm pretty sure the producers have them in stock.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 Jsumms27

Jsumms27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

MOD EDIT: <No bst out of the BST section of the forums...>

Edited by PacosTacos88, 09 May 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#16 ANGRYPAINTBALL35

ANGRYPAINTBALL35

Well that didn't work...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Actually I got parts for my Nano. To get ahold of GI Milsim you have to call the GI Sports 800 number. Actually Pat (GI Sports dude) is the bomb but he seems REAL busy, but he managed to help me get parts anyway. But truthfully the Ego is the way to go on 50 cal. I just couldn't afford it, and I found a sweeeeeet deal on the Nano. But I love Nano, so those are my two top pics right there!!!Posted Image
Nope it's a spyder...

#17 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

The best .50 cal marker is NO .50 cal marker. .68 cal has everything except you cannot carry more paint. I have both .50 cal and .68 cal markers I choose .50 cal.
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

The best .50 cal marker is NO .50 cal marker. .68 cal has everything except you cannot carry more paint. I have both .50 cal and .68 cal markers I choose .50 cal.

That didn't exactly make sense...

#19 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Actually I got parts for my Nano. To get ahold of GI Milsim you have to call the GI Sports 800 number. Actually Pat (GI Sports dude) is the bomb but he seems REAL busy, but he managed to help me get parts anyway. But truthfully the Ego is the way to go on 50 cal. I just couldn't afford it, and I found a sweeeeeet deal on the Nano. But I love Nano, so those are my two top pics right there!!!Posted Image

I called gi sports they didn't not help me they said I had to have a pro shop order since they only deal with field owners posses me off cause I even offer to buy a bunch they said no very annoying

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users