7 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I do realize politics and religion is meant to stay off of techpb, but why does a thread on helping people need to be closed? Its meant to spread the world to help people who need it the most, not a republican vs democrat thread. At least people on Techpb were able to talk about it in a civil and supporting manner here (unlike PBN) and now its closed Posted Image

Edited by paintballer4ever, 07 March 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#2 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

if you don't understand the political extent of the subject then you only know a fraction of what is actually the issue in Uganda. It is not a topic for discussion that we are allowing on our site.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Why are you supporting something you know nothing about? Somebody makes a vid and you expect us to tell the world that it's the absolute truth. Come on. Do you know anything about the people who made the vid other than what they told you?

Think outside of the bandwagon.

#4 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Why are you supporting something you know nothing about? Somebody makes a vid and you expect us to tell the world that it's the absolute truth. Come on. Do you know anything about the people who made the vid other than what they told you?

Think outside of the bandwagon.

So the invisible children coming to my high school and getting to meeting them and hearing their stories in person before all this happened is hopping on the band wagon? Can you prove its not the absolute truth? What makes supporting a good cause such a bad thing in the first place? I mean if they were able to convince the govt. why should I think this is something not worth supporting myself?

Edited by paintballer4ever, 07 March 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#5 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

if you don't understand the political extent of the subject then you only know a fraction of what is actually the issue in Uganda. It is not a topic for discussion that we are allowing on our site.

Isn't that the reason for a forum though is to discuss and learn? I was hoping Techpb would be a place we could do that without all the trolls of PBN, but i suppose rules are rules

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Basically, the thread is political. This forum belongs to Mike Phillips, so his word is law. Mike Phillips decreed that all political discussions are banned from this forum, because this is a paintball forum. If you wish to discuss politics, then go to a political forum, not a paintball forum.

Or at least that's basically what he said.

#7 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Basically, the thread is political. This forum belongs to Mike Phillips, so his word is law. Mike Phillips decreed that all political discussions are banned from this forum, because this is a paintball forum. If you wish to discuss politics, then go to a political forum, not a paintball forum.

Or at least that's basically what he said.

Understandable not going to argue there, I don't go on forums outside of paintball and gaming and I was just looking forward to Techpb's good modding to perhaps keep the topic clean and fair.

Edited by paintballer4ever, 07 March 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

The problem is that people are so set on their ways that shit storms can happen in an instant, before mods have the time to step in. And then it can take a lot of effort to clean up the mess, figure out who did what and issue warnings. It's just easier for everybody if we just close threads before the shit storm happens. It's been proven time and time again that political threads cause shit storms on TechPB, so we don't allow them from the start, because it never ends well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users