• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hedgy22

Hedgy22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I recently purchased a Lurker bolt for my axe after reading how highly people recommended it here, and it came yesterday. Installation was surprisingly easy, as I heard from most people it was kind of a pain. Took me maybe 5 minutes. I lowered the dwell to 5, lowered the air to about 150, and screwed the bolt spring thing all the way and slowly backed it out like people said. Everything worked great, and my gun's shooting real well. Well this morning I go to clean my gun, and notice I forgot to take my tank off after shooting it yesterday. I usually don't forget this, and I'm worried maybe I broke something. I also forgot to turn off the ASA. So I flip the ASA off, and hear it degas, and screw the tank out. Then as I try to take the bolt off, it wont come out. I can hit the button, and screw it to the left for the first part of the unscrew twist process, but it wont pull back after that first turn. After trying to pull it for a little bit, I decide to unscrew the bolt spring screw thing to see if I can see whats preventing it from coming out. After I unscrew it a little, I feel it degas through the bolt spring tension thing. After that gas came out, I was able to get the bolt out no problem. Did I mess something up? Why didn't it degas fully after I turned the ASA off?

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Some axes at first take a few seconds to degass. Soon it should just do it all at once. Next time check your gauge before trying to take out the bolt.

#3 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

unscrew the tank/turn off the ASA, dry fire the marker to make sure no more air, then you do whatever you need to do with the marker.

#4 Hedgy22

Hedgy22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I checked the gauge, it was at zero after I turned the ASA off and unscrewed the tank

#5 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I checked the gauge, it was at zero after I turned the ASA off and unscrewed the tank

always dryfire and dont' rely on the gauge to tell you. There could be some air still in the system. Dry fire until it's done.

#6 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I can't say this for certain, having not tested or explored it myself, but I distrust any bolt replacement that involves spacers or the like, as it may or may not place seals in different places, and cause issues like this. It is indeed, as said above, to dry fire after degassing to ensure that there is no pressure left in the chambers before attempting to remove parts.

When your marker is stock, then you can operate under baseline assumptions that you build from how it works. When you change major parts, just proceed more cautiously. Or..you know...leave it stock. Posted Image
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#7 Snipez4664

Snipez4664

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Sticktodrum: No need for distrust, my friend. The Lurker Eigenbolt doesn't put any additional seals in a pressurized (at rest) area of the gun. The AXE is a blow forward design, how could a bolt affect degassing?
Posted Image

This post brought to you by: Lurker
Owner/Operator/Lead Engineer - Lurker Paintball
Check out our products at Lurker Paintball

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, my lurker bolt never affected degassing.

#9 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Sticktodrum: No need for distrust, my friend. The Lurker Eigenbolt doesn't put any additional seals in a pressurized (at rest) area of the gun. The AXE is a blow forward design, how could a bolt affect degassing?

I've never owned the Lurker bolt, nor have I seen diagrams of it in operation inside the gun, so my skepticism remains. I distrust almost everything that doesn't make its way across my table and into a video. Posted Image

As for how a bolt could affect degassing, I don't know.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

In the Axe, there is no air pressure on the bolt when it's at rest, so it really doesn't matter how different an Axe bolt is.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#11 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

The Axe have a safety feature that it won't let you take the bolt out if you have air in the chamber. Just dry fire it after degassing it next time.

#12 Snipez4664

Snipez4664

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've never owned the Lurker bolt, nor have I seen diagrams of it in operation inside the gun, so my skepticism remains. I distrust almost everything that doesn't make its way across my table and into a video. Posted Image

As for how a bolt could affect degassing, I don't know.

No offense intended, but then... why post?
Posted Image

#13 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

The Axe have a safety feature that it won't let you take the bolt out if you have air in the chamber. Just dry fire it after degassing it next time.

I'm guessing this is the issue. There is a safety device like a plunger that will go up into the bolt guide to prevent you from removing the bolt guide while pressurized. Either the gun is still pressurized or the plunger is stuck in the up/safe position.

#14 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

None comprehended. Why post? Conjecture, most likely.

#15 Snipez4664

Snipez4664

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

None comprehended. Why post? Conjecture, most likely.

Fair enough :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users