16 replies to this topic

#1 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

If you haven't yet seen my News Announcement about the new Tiberius Arms / LAPCO Rifled Barrel and HushShot Barrel Extension out check it out here for pricing, availability, etc.

Today, I received the T8.1 Tiberius Arms / LAPCO .683 Rifled barrel and HushShot Barrel Front/Extension in the mail. As usual for products I've ever received from LAPCO they were both excellently packaged in individual plastic cases. Each of these cases also contained the nice, olive/black LAPCO sticker.
Posted Image
My barrel is 01 of 50 T8.1 Rifled barrels with the Big Shot Assault (BSA) style muzzle threading. It included a pair of detents and LAPCO's matte hard anodizing and laser engraving. I opted for the BSA threading because I like LAPCO's tips better (especially the thread protector) and, in my own humble opinion it is a better design for a tip to screw on to and stay true.
Posted Image

Posted Image

All HushShots feature the same nice anodizing, engraving, mirror bore finish and the BSA style Muzzle threads. Mine came with the BSA breech-end threads to match my 8.1 Rifled Barrel. Even though I knew the numbers before hand, I'm surprised to see first hand how many ports there are (six rows of 24), and each of them measure right about .075”
Posted Image

I screwed the HushShot onto the rifled 8.1 barrel and it aligned perfectly.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This length allows for the HushShot to run through the fore-end shrouds on 9.1s so, it may be a little quieter since some of the portion will be inside the shroud.
Posted Image

Of course I had to try the tip out on a couple of my other barrels. It fit and aligned a hair off from perfect on my 9.1 STR8Shot (.690 smoothbore) barrel to form the SUPER MEGA BARREL.
Posted Image

On my 8.1 STR8Shot, it aligned just a hair worse but, I believe still usable. Again this HushShot is a prototype, meant for my 8.1 Rifled Barrel and, I believe the final production versions will line up just as good as any LAPCO two-piece barrel (SnapShot or the new “Desert Edge”, which is to say, perfectly (at least as good as the Mark I Eyeball can detect).

Of course the 8.1 Rifled Barrel and the HushShot are capable of accepting LAPCO's thread protector or Assault tips but, neither of them come with them standard. So, unless you have several lying around like I do, be sure to get at least one.

Overall, I'm once again thoroughly pleased with the fit and finish of these products. Weather permitting, I will test out the HushShot this weekend for sound reduction.

Edited by UV Halo, 15 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#2 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Looking forward to results. Thanks.

#3 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Okay so, I did some noise testing with the 8" Rifled, and the 8" Rifled + HushShot.

Unfortunately the background noises prevented good audio recording. However to my girlfriend's (the shooter) ears and my own (45deg off of line of fire, ~25ft away), there was a definite noise reduction while using the HushShot. I'd say it brings the volume down much closer to the noise of typical paintball guns with ported barrels.

#4 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmmm, it looks like a really cool barrel shroud that if you just used with an 8.1 would look like a silencer B)
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#5 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks uv, I'll be getting this as my new barrel as my stock one sucks... Hope to hit you with some rounds out of this thing at ll5.

So it's a .683 bore with a .690 or what? Isn't the optimal bore size .687 for first strike rounds?

Edited by SlovPeter, 28 March 2012 - 09:26 PM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#6 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

UV Halo - in your completely unscientific opinion, did you find the 8" rifled barrel + HushShot to be equally as accurate at the 14" rifled barrel? Also, do you have to crank your velocity up as high and have you seen the random wingers I've heard you get with the 14"?
Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?
lulzwut?
ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER! CAN YOU TYPE IT?

#7 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

UV Halo - in your completely unscientific opinion, did you find the 8" rifled barrel + HushShot to be equally as accurate at the 14" rifled barrel? Also, do you have to crank your velocity up as high and have you seen the random wingers I've heard you get with the 14"?

I actually haven't had a chance to play with it yet so, I can't speak to it's accuracy (the chrono range isn't that big).

I did notice that you didn't need to crank the velocity up as high but, it wasn't a huge difference. The only 'random wingers' I get, I attribute to damaged/cracked rounds (i.e. I didn't inspect my paint and one got loaded in there). They simply don't happen to me nearly enough (with any barrel) for me to fault the barrel.

#8 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Uv, since these are prototypes, any time we see these before living legends? I really need a new barrel

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#9 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Uv, since these are prototypes, any time we see these before living legends? I really need a new barrel

The T8.1 in the Tiberius muzzle thread patterns are a go.
The Hushshot will be a go but, I don't know when (if not already). I'd give LAPCO a call.

#10 Intimacygel

Intimacygel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I really really want the 8inch barrel part without the extension.

I may be retarded, but I can't find any site where I can purchase this?

Could you please share how and where you got this?

Also is it possible to get just the 8inch barrel part without the extension, I mean I'll get both if I need, but the extension will just be trash.

Thanks!

#11 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I really really want the 8inch barrel part without the extension.

I may be retarded, but I can't find any site where I can purchase this?

Could you please share how and where you got this?

Also is it possible to get just the 8inch barrel part without the extension, I mean I'll get both if I need, but the extension will just be trash.

Thanks!

You need to call them to order one of the T8.1 rifled barrels. I can't verify the number because their contact page is down but, I believe the number is 800-640-8085

#12 Intimacygel

Intimacygel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hey thanks again!

Edited by Intimacygel, 10 May 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#13 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Did you use it at LL and if, yes, what was it like? Thanks.

#14 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Did you use it at LL and if, yes, what was it like? Thanks.

Yes I did! But only for the pump/pistol play (as a long barrel pistol with a folding foregrip). Here's a pic:

Action Pic

EDIT:

As far as how it performed- it performed flawlessly. It quiets the short barrel down over normal, and I didn't notice any accuracy difference.

Edited by UV Halo, 23 May 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#15 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

So the perceived advantages, based off in-game play, was largely acoustic? Interesting.

How would you say it compares to your baffle system? Thanks.

#16 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

So the perceived advantages, based off in-game play, was largely acoustic? Interesting.

How would you say it compares to your baffle system? Thanks.

It's noisier :P

#17 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

the double threading reminds me of the flasc barrels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users