#1 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hello mods,

So as many of you may know, it appears a lot of spambots have gotten into TechPB lately (what's up with that by the way?), and I noticed that OEFveteran was having to a lot of "damage control" I suppose I would call it, in these spam threads, by warning people to not post in them and just report them. So, I figured why not suggest making a new rule or adding on to a existing one that any posts in spam thread would result in a warn or some sort of disciplinary action, so that way the mods should have 1 less thing to worry about. Anyway, just thought I would suggest it.

Thank you for your time,

PB2011
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#2 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

Posting such things as ib4l is just not needed, and can, depending on the mod, constitue spam... I view posts in spam not threads as spam themselves, as they don't add to the site, the only create clutter.. But, as I am just a lovely chat mod, I can't do anything about it... But yes, simply reporting the thread/username is the best thing to do... Please don't post int he spam threads... One thing I notice is that the more people post int eh spam threads, the more spam threads that get made... Ever notice that if you click the "remove from mailing list" link in junk email, you suddenly get more junk emails... Giving traffic to these threads might give them cause to create more... So just report...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users