• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 vertical15

vertical15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Dudes, ego totally wins. The coin flip never lies! And trust me, the ego has such advanced features. Think about the hopper attachments it's capable of maintaining what does this even mean? the EGO and the GEO have almost identical feednecks! And also, the trigger is capable of 300 spm (shots per min) which is simply incredible. The geo can only fire at approximately 95 sps, which is horrible both have arguably an identical trigger. plus 95 sps compared to 300 spm equaled out is 5700 spm for the GEO meaning what you just said makes no sense at all. And the speed of the firing from the ego is so incredible that you could practically mow you grass with it if you kept it level in a prone position fire rate doesn't matter because to be legal it's capped at 12.5 and the GEO can shoot way above that. I've also heard that each paintball can make it about three hundred yards when the gun is fired with the barrel parallel to the ground you obviously know nothing about physics because that is wrong, you need to hold a marker at about 45 degrees to get it to even reach 300 feet. . The ego just wins. It just does. It always wins. It just wins.

just about everything you pulled out of your ass was wrong.

in the end it's a poppet vs. spool. decide what you wan't in a marker then make your educated decision accordingly

and just so you know. 300 shots per minute equals 5 balls per second. the ego, geo and pretty much every marker on the market excluding pumps and a few mech cockers can reach 5 bps without any issues at all

Okay, for one thing I think that you may have become confused with the fact that the second time around I mistakenly wrote 95 sps (per second) instead of spm (per minute). I obviously meant spm because I was implying that the geo has a slower fire rate! So it's no big deal. I don't like how you insulted me by saying that I pulled these statistics 'out of my ass,' because that was truly a hurtful and petty remark. I would like to attest to the knowledge I've acquired from several years of paintball experience, and I would also like to say that the geo does fire at a 95 spm rate on many early and even fairly current models. I know this because I own both above models of paintball markers, as well as a large and extensive assortment of hoppers. I have a very keen knowledge of paintball hardware and have even worked at a paintball store, and have played within my county's professional division--every year we have an annual paintball circuit and I placed fourth in the southern half of the state. So please, don't try telling me that I pulled anything other than facts out of my ass.

welllllllllllll ya kinda did. i didnt even understand anything you said. what country are you from? (please don't be from Canada)

No, but actually... AB stand for Albuquerque, meaning that LUXOR54 is indeed from Canada. If you are implying that Canadians are less knowledgeable about paintball, then you are indeed correct. It appears that you two have a score to settle.

#52 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

95 shots per minute still equals 1.583 balls per second, and since the GEO can shoot over 15bps ramping that information is invalid.

AB stand for Alberta. and what was the pro team you played on? because it's seems as if you don't know that much about these two markers even thought you apparently own both models. and if your playing pro division then you would be shooting over 10 bps and according to you that is impossible with the geo, even though teams such as dynasty use it at 12.5 ramping

and i do appologize for anything i said that offended you, since this is a thread about ego vs. geo i would like all of the knowledge to be legitament so the OP and other users can make educated decisions

Edited by LUXOR54, 17 August 2012 - 11:44 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#53 vertical15

vertical15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

95 shots per minute still equals 1.583 balls per second, and since the GEO can shoot over 15bps ramping that information is invalid.

AB stand for Alberta. and what was the pro team you played on? because it's seems as if you don't know that much about these two markers even thought you apparently own both models. and if your playing pro division then you would be shooting over 10 bps and according to you that is impossible with the geo, even though teams such as dynasty use it at 12.5 ramping

and i do appologize for anything i said that offended you, since this is a thread about ego vs. geo i would like all of the knowledge to be legitament so the OP and other users can make educated decisions

Alberta? Really! I could've sworn it was Albuquerque, something I'd learned in French class ages ago, but I admit I very well may be wrong. As for the geo business, and how it relates to the professional level, no geo models were used that year. I personally used a Luxe that year, and have stuck with Luxe models for the majority of my paintball excursions. I merely own a geo and an ego, but I do not use them regularly. I do, however, use them regularly enough to be aware of their firing rates, and I can assure you that my geo model and the geos that several of my paintballing acquaintances have (many have only model 2s, but I know a handful that regularly use 2.1s) would be confident in attesting to the severely low firing rate of the geo as compared to the ego! And as for that team--my team name was the Trojans, and again, individually I managed to place 4th in the southern half of the state. I assure you, I am not lying. The geo is an inherently weaker and less versatile gun than the ego. I use neither but I know the advantages and disadvantages, and I use them frequently as practice. The knowledge of these guns that I have offered is absolutely *legitimate*.

#54 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

"The geo is an inherently weaker and less versatile gun than the ego. I use neither but I know the advantages and disadvantages, and I use them frequently as practice. The knowledge of these guns that I have offered is absolutely *legitimate*."

how is this exactly? they're made in the same factory, out of the same metal, and i'm assuming on the same machines aswell.

and regarding fire rate again it doesn't matter because the GEO can shoot the tournament legal fire rate caps just as the ego can. anything above those numbers is pointless and un-needed

Edited by LUXOR54, 18 August 2012 - 12:05 AM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#55 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

im just gonna stop this right here and say my head hurts from reading all of this o and DAMN YOU GUYS ARE SMART

Edited by DBeck, 18 August 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#56 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

im just gonna stop this right here and say my head hurts from reading all of this o and DAMN YOU GUYS ARE SMART

most of is is just common sense and physics ;)

#57 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics: even if you win, you are still retarded!
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#58 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

This guy is slightly........ mentally unstable. the fact that his teams name is the trojans doesn't really help him out either............
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#59 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

This guy is slightly........ mentally unstable. the fact that his teams name is the trojans doesn't really help him out either............

:huh: thats the other guy.
i'm perfectly stable! :lol:

#60 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Dudes, ego totally wins. The coin flip never lies! And trust me, the ego has such advanced features. Think about the hopper attachments it's capable of maintaining what does this even mean? the EGO and the GEO have almost identical feednecks! And also, the trigger is capable of 300 spm (shots per min) which is simply incredible. The geo can only fire at approximately 95 sps, which is horrible both have arguably an identical trigger. plus 95 sps compared to 300 spm equaled out is 5700 spm for the GEO meaning what you just said makes no sense at all. And the speed of the firing from the ego is so incredible that you could practically mow you grass with it if you kept it level in a prone position fire rate doesn't matter because to be legal it's capped at 12.5 and the GEO can shoot way above that. I've also heard that each paintball can make it about three hundred yards when the gun is fired with the barrel parallel to the ground you obviously know nothing about physics because that is wrong, you need to hold a marker at about 45 degrees to get it to even reach 300 feet. . The ego just wins. It just does. It always wins. It just wins.

just about everything you pulled out of your ass was wrong.

in the end it's a poppet vs. spool. decide what you wan't in a marker then make your educated decision accordingly

and just so you know. 300 shots per minute equals 5 balls per second. the ego, geo and pretty much every marker on the market excluding pumps and a few mech cockers can reach 5 bps without any issues at all

Okay, for one thing I think that you may have become confused with the fact that the second time around I mistakenly wrote 95 sps (per second) instead of spm (per minute). I obviously meant spm because I was implying that the geo has a slower fire rate! So it's no big deal. I don't like how you insulted me by saying that I pulled these statistics 'out of my ass,' because that was truly a hurtful and petty remark. I would like to attest to the knowledge I've acquired from several years of paintball experience, and I would also like to say that the geo does fire at a 95 spm rate on many early and even fairly current models. I know this because I own both above models of paintball markers, as well as a large and extensive assortment of hoppers. I have a very keen knowledge of paintball hardware and have even worked at a paintball store, and have played within my county's professional division--every year we have an annual paintball circuit and I placed fourth in the southern half of the state. So please, don't try telling me that I pulled anything other than facts out of my ass.

welllllllllllll ya kinda did. i didnt even understand anything you said. what country are you from? (please don't be from Canada)

No, but actually... AB stand for Albuquerque, meaning that LUXOR54 is indeed from Canada. If you are implying that Canadians are less knowledgeable about paintball, then you are indeed correct. It appears that you two have a score to settle.

Really people in Canada knowing less about paintball? you represent your so called team pretty well we have a word for people like you in Canada, Hoser.
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#61 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

canadians knowing less about paintball? :huh:

funny, because it seems as if i know more about paintball than you do. hell, i know more about the ego and geo than you do. and i don't even own them! apparently you "own both models" but don't know jack about either of them because from what you said in your "superior" knowledge of paintball is that the ego can fire up to 5 bps while the geo can only get about 1.5!

according to your imformation my pump can fire faster than a geo. this is pathetic, but entertaining to listen to this guy ^_^

#62 vertical15

vertical15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Good point, Dertydood. That made me laugh!

As to the fire rate of both guns, Luxor54, you must understand that the ramping of the geo occurs only with specific trigger installations. The thing about firing rates of these models is that ramping and other very cool technical mods are often used to participate in leagues and tournaments. I'm sure that you have some experience in paintball, and I will even be generous enough to say that you play often. But you obviously have gotten the majority of your argument off of paintball websites and hubs, and have never used these models firsthand. To see is to believe, Luxor54, and in all other cases one must exercise doubt to some degree. Hell, you're doubting the shit out of me even as you read this post. I guess the only way to truly comprehend the things I'm trying so desperately to pound into your skull is to witness them all firsthand! Which is fine, I understand, and I hold no grudge. But I advise you to be less doubtful of peoples' propositions and contributions. If you were so worried about there being "legitimant" information on this forum, then you'd willingly accept my answers and opinions, as well as my honest and experience-derived facts. And let me tell you, that has been all I've contributed to this thread. Haha, it's very troll-like of you to suggest what you have about me and my contributions, friend! (:

#63 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

i have used ego11's and geo2's first hand thank you very much. and no, ramping does not only occur with "specific trigger installations" on the geo. the ramping of the geo is achieved by programing the board to ramp mode. just like on the ego11, etek3, clone, DM, intimidator, and any other paintball marker with more than 1 mode including ramping.

#64 Eclipse Ego 11

Eclipse Ego 11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

i am looking to buy one of thse guns and need help deciding which of these to choose.
PLEASE help

also the question is are you an effinsy freek

#65 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

i am looking to buy one of thse guns and need help deciding which of these to choose.
PLEASE help

you mean efficiency freak?
if someone is an efficiency freak they would be better off going with a vice over the ego11

#66 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

PLEASE help

if someone is an efficiency freak they would be better off going with a vice over the ego11

OR AN ANGEL! dont forget my babies :P
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#67 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

PLEASE help

Posted Image

#68 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

PLEASE help

Posted Image

Posted Image
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#69 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

it's just how they're out of business. for sure they're great shooters but if it goes down you're kind of fucked. especialy when they run out of replacement rams because a genuis decided to make them non-user serviceable!

Edited by LUXOR54, 28 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#70 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

it's just how they're out of business. for sure they're great shooters but if it goes down you're kind of fucked. especialy when they run out of replacement rams because a genuis decided to make them non-user serviceable!

er... good point, but there is a mod to make the str serviceable sure it requires a drill press but who doesn't have a drill press underneath their kitchen sink! :P
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#71 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Efficiency? Get a freaking Bob Long if you really want efficiency.

#72 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Neither. Ego is loud and inefficient, and kicks enough for your performance to be effected,

Research how the laws of physics affect and create recoil, then get back to me.
/lolfail
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#73 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Neither. Ego is loud and inefficient, and kicks enough for your performance to be effected,

/lolfail

shoot one and watch the barrel rise, then fuck the laws of physics.
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#74 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

/lolfail

I shoot one all day, its my main marker, smooth as butter.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#75 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

/lolfail

I shoot one all day, its my main marker, smooth as butter.

Wow, I have nothing to say to that... You sad, sad soul..
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#76 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Oh great. I can't decide now. I wanted an Ego11, but now I don't know if I should get the Ego11 or Geo3.

Honestly, just get the ego. I've never heard anyone complain about it.

Here are the advantages of each:

• Geo- quieter, no torpedo
  • Ego- More efficient, less maintanence, cheaper

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

#77 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm sorry but Jawz is wrong on just about everything....

The Geo is pretty inefficient, several of my team's players own or have owned Geos, they love them but they can't stand using them at big games since they only get about 6 pods per fill which is nothing at a big game. The Ego gets about 9 or so from my experience which is enough for me, it's also very smooth for a poppet, smoother than the Vice even. One thing I love about PE's is the triggers, they're very smooth and you can adjust them however you like.

My team chose to opt for the best of both worlds, we just grabbed 16 Demons, they get about 11 pods off of a fill and are RIDICULOUSLY smooth and quiet.

Demons are fucking awesome! Very under rated...they could work on the appearance though

#78 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Dudes, ego totally wins. The coin flip never lies! And trust me, the ego has such advanced features. Think about the hopper attachments it's capable of maintaining! And also, the trigger is capable of 300 spm (shots per min) which is simply incredible. The geo can only fire at approximately 95 sps, which is horrible. And the speed of the firing from the ego is so incredible that you could practically mow you grass with it if you kept it level in a prone position. I've also heard that each paintball can make it about three hundred yards when the gun is fired with the barrel parallel to the ground. The ego just wins. It just does. It always wins. It just wins.

Attached Files

o8qo.jpg

#79 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Dudes, ego totally wins. The coin flip never lies! And trust me, the ego has such advanced features. Think about the hopper attachments it's capable of maintaining! And also, the trigger is capable of 300 spm (shots per min) which is simply incredible. The geo can only fire at approximately 95 sps, which is horrible. And the speed of the firing from the ego is so incredible that you could practically mow you grass with it if you kept it level in a prone position. I've also heard that each paintball can make it about three hundred yards when the gun is fired with the barrel parallel to the ground. The ego just wins. It just does. It always wins. It just wins.

...Only took someone 5 months to figure it out. :dodgy:

#80 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

You might be better off getting whatever you like the feel of most, they both perform the same but you choose between the feel of them.

#81 djander98

djander98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

put it this way i have the same problem but i decided it like this geo is what your going to be seeing more of now bc its new so more people have it more chance you canget help with it when u need it js

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users