38 replies to this topic

#1 MP34PB

MP34PB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hey guys,
This i going to be my first year at living legends. I am so excited! Anyway, was wondering, do they allow carry-in alcohol at the campsite? I want this trip to be amazing and superfun and anything that includes alcohol is awesome. ;) Also, is there plenty of room for camping? by that i mean is it a huge lot for people to set-up in. Thanks for your imput!

#2 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

The massive amounts of drinking (and the subsequent fights) is precisely the reason I'm not camping.

I'm assuming it's allowed, however there are time restrictions I believe.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#3 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Awesome. All the more reason to camp lol. Sounds like an interesting weekend, not sure if I will drink though. 1) I'm underage 2) I'm there to paintball, if I want to get hammered I can just go to a party or drink at home.

If my friends go there will be alcohol, that goes without say haha

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#4 jake t

jake t

"Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

not sure on the alcohol, you could check the rules, but there is a large lot for tents and such at CPX

#5 xx_Snake_xx

xx_Snake_xx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Official rules for Living Legends V: The Dark Age

http://www.viperpain...-V-The-Dark-Age

Alcohol: Adults of legal drinking age are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages up to 2am Saturday, as well as Saturday night after the dinner break. If you choose to consume ANY alcohol Saturday night you may NOT go back onto the field until Sunday. Anyone in violation of this rule WILL be ejected from the property for the duration of the event and possibly longer. We ask that all cans or bottles must be covered with a "Koozie" or other container cover. This is solely in the interest of not flaunting the consumption of alcohol in pictures or to patrons. Any consumption of alcohol by minors, or providing alcohol to minors, will be grounds for immediate ejection from the property with no refund, and the local authorities will be alerted.
Team Absolute Scenario Paintball Team- Co-Captain

#6 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Awesome. All the more reason to camp lol. Sounds like an interesting weekend, not sure if I will drink though. 1) I'm underage 2) I'm there to paintball, if I want to get hammered I can just go to a party or drink at home.

If my friends go there will be alcohol, that goes without say haha

There's your answer right there. By all means try it, but if you are removed from the property you'll know why

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#7 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I know the risks of underage drinking. I don't think living Legends is the greatest place to get drunk anyway. I plan on actually playing paintball that weekend so alcohol won't be on my shopping list lol.

I'll just drink water and brew some fresh tea.

---Indiana Baller---

#8 Byrdshit

Byrdshit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is the campsite a big field that you can drive onto and park next to your campsite?

#9 murph

murph

LL5 Horde XO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

I will say that local law enforcement has always been on site......
Posted Image

GUNMEN WRECKING CREW

#10 MP34PB

MP34PB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

I will say that local law enforcement has always been on site......

Does law enforcement go around and strongly enforce the rules?

#11 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

If they catch people fighting, underage drinking, or giving those underage alcohol they'll do something. The rules are just a reminder of the law. The restriction on times of drinking are for safety and legal reasons. Can't have drunk people playing paintball.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#12 Shorts

Shorts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Is the campsite a big field that you can drive onto and park next to your campsite?

Posted Image

The campsite surrounds the main parking lot of CPX, it is a pretty open area and actually close to the field unlike other places that I have camped overnight at before. From what I remember last year, a lot of people just left their vehicles parked in the parking lot, but some parked next to their site as well.

Edited by Shorts, 22 March 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#13 Byrdshit

Byrdshit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks, that's what I was wondering, if I'd be able to park next to my site like I usually do, and it sounds like we can there as well.

Edited by Byrdshit, 22 March 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#14 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Thanks, that's what I was wondering, if I'd be able to park next to my site like I usually do, and it sounds like we can there as well.

Cant park on the grass. but as the picture above shows you can set up next to the lot and have your car pretty close by.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#15 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

The massive amounts of drinking (and the subsequent fights) is precisely the reason I'm not camping.

Fights? At Living Legends? :blink:

I'm going to assume you mean yelling or arguing. I have never heard of a fistfight at Living Legends.

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 22 March 2012 - 08:10 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#16 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Camped all weekend and the only "fight" was Chicago Enforcers light stick disco duel! :D

no Enforcers were harmed in said duel

Edited by Salvation, 22 March 2012 - 08:25 PM.

SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#17 US_Army_Guy

US_Army_Guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Camped all weekend and the only "fight" was Chicago Enforcers light stick disco duel! :D

no Enforcers were harmed in said duel

We'll be bringing more light sticks this year

#18 xx_Snake_xx

xx_Snake_xx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sweet!

Team Absolute Scenario Paintball Team- Co-Captain

#19 Byrdshit

Byrdshit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Is there a certain spot RVs need to go? Some of the team is coming in an RV with a trailer.

#20 egoballer15

egoballer15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

can you bring grills into the park to cook on if you are camping

#21 poorballer1

poorballer1

I GOT A HANGOVER WHOOOOAAAHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

I wa sooooo drunk last year. I was on top of a porta potty yelling "T-Harm!!! I love Tyler Harmon!!! Where's Cassidy I wanna be in the hk videoooooo" then I fell off and my friends laughed at me.... And I got I a foot race with a kid

Edited by etekgirl27, 26 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.

If your from the Detroit are, check out my friends at American Jewerly and Loan
Living Legends 3,4 Veteran
Mint Gat

#22 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Is there a certain spot RVs need to go? Some of the team is coming in an RV with a trailer.

Camping is first come first served

can you bring grills into the park to cook on if you are camping

At this point there is no issue as long as you do not make a mess and you clean up after yourselves
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#23 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Is there any hookups for campers? electricity is my biggest concern, if we can power up our camper it might be worth taking. Water hookups aren't as big of a concern, I can just bring a ton of coolers and stuff.

---Indiana Baller---

#24 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

No hookups at all. Sorry.

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 26 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#25 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Alright, tent camping it is!

I'll have to find a place to shower though... or just be stinky and smelly all weekend lol.

---Indiana Baller---

#26 MP34PB

MP34PB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Camping is first come first served

Roughly how big is your area for camping? by that i mean roughly (just a ballpark guess) how may campers you can generally fit in.

#27 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Since there is no charge for it I'm afraid no one tracks it. But it's a thousand-player scenario.
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#28 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

I wa sooooo drunk last year. I was on top of a porta potty yelling "T-Harm!!! I love Tyler Harmon!!! Where's Cassidy I wanna be in the hk videoooooo" then I fell off and my friends laughed at me.... And I got I a foot race with a kid

OMG dude you and I were the life of the party last year and i'm sure we'll manage to repeat it this year. :)
And to all the questions about amount of room, it's a fair sized field and amount of room you will have will vary. The first year the field was jam packed and then it varied all the way to last year when there was a fair amount of open spots. Best I can say is get there and set up as early as you can. For alcohol I can tell you I have camped on site every single year i've attended and I've seen one scuffle, that didn't even turn into a fight because everyone else immediately stepped in and calmed it down, and that was only due to an idiot trying to get frisky with another man's girl.

#29 MP34PB

MP34PB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

OMG dude you and I were the life of the party last year and i'm sure we'll manage to repeat it this year. :)
And to all the questions about amount of room, it's a fair sized field and amount of room you will have will vary. The first year the field was jam packed and then it varied all the way to last year when there was a fair amount of open spots. Best I can say is get there and set up as early as you can. For alcohol I can tell you I have camped on site every single year i've attended and I've seen one scuffle, that didn't even turn into a fight because everyone else immediately stepped in and calmed it down, and that was only due to an idiot trying to get frisky with another man's girl.

Wow! Thank You. That was the Exact answser I was looking for! Great Description :tup:

#30 MIKEMAN902

MIKEMAN902

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

they allow booze but u dont want a hangover the next day. there are multiple "arguments" through the night and you can not go in the feild until 6 hours after u drink.

#31 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

idk if you guys noticed this but viper is not happy with this thread. this is a paintball game, not a drinking fest. it is also a family event, lets keep it that way. am i saying you cant have fun and cant drink? no, you can do what ever you want because i dont have any authority, just be responsible

#32 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Cant park on the grass. but as the picture above shows you can set up next to the lot and have your car pretty close by.

Kev

Hey Kev,

You gonna be setting up camp in the same place as last time?

I'm thinking of arriving either late Thursday night or early Friday.

#33 Byrdshit

Byrdshit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I was told you can't show up till Friday, was I missinformed?

#34 US_Army_Guy

US_Army_Guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I was told you can't show up till Friday, was I missinformed?

you can show up thursday to set up camp and what not, but no none will be allowed to stay overnight in the park (they will be locking the gates).

Honestly, unless you have a specific camping spot you want REALLY bad or you have a rediculously large group camping setup, there really isn't much of a reason to show up thursday. None of the Vendors will be open and NPPL will still be getting setup for their event.

#35 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Kev

Hey Kev,

You gonna be setting up camp in the same place as last time?

I'm thinking of arriving either late Thursday night or early Friday.

Yeah Im gonna try and grab the same spot we were in last year. At least try and stay along that fence line for a wind break. Look for a "Nerf Hearders" banner and mini Marine Corp flag.

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#36 poorballer1

poorballer1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

hey kev, what time are you gonna be there this year?
same spot as last year?
Mint Gat

#37 poorballer1

poorballer1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

you were soo funny
"alright guys, calm down. its all good.she isnt gonna do shit with him"
you were like the voice of reason. we're gonna make you the official DD for our group this year. haha
Mint Gat

#38 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

I remember drinking with these fools last year, the gentleman in the red shirt and the black HK shirt with BANG on it.

Also I remember Running to a group of people having a lightsaber battle and throwing glowsticks yelling "lightning bolt, Lightning bolt" with the rest of the enforcers.

Posted Image

Edited by Side-Swipe, 30 April 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#39 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

you were soo funny
"alright guys, calm down. its all good.she isnt gonna do shit with him"
you were like the voice of reason. we're gonna make you the official DD for our group this year. haha

Wait was this at the LSD tent, cuz I had a similar encouter with some gentleman who thought i poured beer over his girlfriend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users