• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 derfalpha

derfalpha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

I think the 20 round Tacamo D-Mag is the most exciting development in scenario / milsim paintball for many many years. I fell out of the game 2-3 years ago because I wanted something more mil-simmy, which implied mag-fed markers, but also a more accurate projectile. First Strike solved the projectile side of the problem, but the extremely high price (0.70 a shot if I remember correctly) and the lack of magazine solutions meant the problem was was only partially solved.

The Tacamo D-Mag offers the perfect magazine solution, but the price of First Strike remains a problem. I believe the price has dropped to 40p a shot (USA) but for me this is still too expensive. 10p a shot would do it. 20 magazines of First Strike for 40 would see me through the day. 2 per magazine.

So anyway, who here thinks that this could / would happen? That First Strike prices will fall to a reasonable enough price to see the round become used widespread within scenario or at least milsim games? Perhaps the D-Mag will make this happen by simply raising First Strike sales, and thereby giving Tiberius the chance to invest in lower cost production processes.

Also, while we're on the subject, I have a few questions about the equipment...

- A 13ci tank should give enough air for 125 shots according to the Zephyr webshop, but is First Strike more air efficient than regular .68? If so, how many should could we expect to get from a 13ci tank? 125 would be just over 6 magazines, which doesn't sound like enough.
- Are Tacamo likely to release their own marker? I see they plenty of conversion kits for the D-Mag. It would make sense to make and sell their own marker package.

#2 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I think the 20 round Tacamo D-Mag is the most exciting development in scenario / milsim paintball for many many years. I fell out of the game 2-3 years ago because I wanted something more mil-simmy, which implied mag-fed markers, but also a more accurate projectile. First Strike solved the projectile side of the problem, but the extremely high price (0.70 a shot if I remember correctly) and the lack of magazine solutions meant the problem was was only partially solved.

The Tacamo D-Mag offers the perfect magazine solution, but the price of First Strike remains a problem. I believe the price has dropped to 40p a shot (USA) but for me this is still too expensive. 10p a shot would do it. 20 magazines of First Strike for 40 would see me through the day. 2 per magazine.

So anyway, who here thinks that this could / would happen? That First Strike prices will fall to a reasonable enough price to see the round become used widespread within scenario or at least milsim games? Perhaps the D-Mag will make this happen by simply raising First Strike sales, and thereby giving Tiberius the chance to invest in lower cost production processes.

Also, while we're on the subject, I have a few questions about the equipment...

- A 13ci tank should give enough air for 125 shots according to the Zephyr webshop, but is First Strike more air efficient than regular .68? If so, how many should could we expect to get from a 13ci tank? 125 would be just over 6 magazines, which doesn't sound like enough.
- Are Tacamo likely to release their own marker? I see they plenty of conversion kits for the D-Mag. It would make sense to make and sell their own marker package.

Why do you feel the need to shoot 400 FS rounds in a day? How many opponents are in your typical game? I ask because I can go through a whole day of 15v15 or 20v20 matches (where they're using ramping or full auto) with about 150 rounds.

I'd be wary of what Zephyr paintball said about 13ci/3k tanks. An efficient pump may get 125 shots but, I'd be highly surprised that any semi-auto (especially mechanicals) would get much beyond 100 280FPS shots. With my T9.1 I get around 100 FSR shots on a full 3k fill. I can't be more precise because I fill after every couple of matches (or even every match depending on the park layout).

I don't think Tacamo has the capital to design a marker from the ground up. Honestly, given the number of problems and delays they've faced in getting their conversion kits to market (and subsequently the low number of happy customers), that they barely had enough capital to do it at all.

#3 derfalpha

derfalpha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Why do you feel the need to shoot 400 FS rounds in a day? How many opponents are in your typical game? I ask because I can go through a whole day of 15v15 or 20v20 matches (where they're using ramping or full auto) with about 150 rounds.

Well that's a good question. I'm just comparing how much I used in scenario games in the past. Ie, one case of 2000. I figured slash that by 4 to make up for the fact that it's a more accurate round with greater range. But in retrospect perhaps 400 it OTT. I remember some smaller milsim games where I used just 500 rounds of normal paintballs.

I don't know. I'm thinking of a 50 vs 50 milsim game. During some kind of shit-hit-the-fan attack, I imagine myself letting off 10 rounds to suppress, then run into cover. Another 5 to suppress, then another 5 while assaulting to get a kill. That's a mag. If I had 200 rounds of FS, that means I have 9 more left for the whole day. 10% of my ammo spent on one assault. There's not much science behind my way of thinking, I just imagine 10 mags are tight and I will be skimping and worried. If I had 20 mags, now that would suffice, i'm definitiely sure.

#4 Bill

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

So did the d-mags ever come out?
Sp-1
68 carbine
spyder 08 xtra

#5 Sleven

Sleven

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Not yet but I think they will soon. Follow rap on Facebook/youtube for updates

GEO 3 and BL Ripper http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220270

Bob Long MVP http://www.techpb.co...71#entry3245977

UNDERTAKERS PAINTBALL INC.

www.undertakerspaintball.com

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

is First Strike more air efficient than regular .68?

if i remember correctly, i think someone said that because FSR are way more aerodynamic then normal paintballs you get like a 15 fps increase or something like that.

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users