#1 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

This year Tiberius Arms will sponsor a new twist that is being added to Viper Paintball events. Viper will be adding special "First Strike" sniper missions to every event. These missions can only be completed by the designated "First Strike Sniper" on each team.

Tiberius Arms is making this possible by providing two Tiberius T9 sniper markers. One will be checked out to a sniper on each side for their use during the event, along with a case of Tiberius Arms' exclusive "First Strike" ammo. "First Strike" rounds are specially designed paintball rounds that fly farther, flatter, and straighter than any other paintball ammo available.

To apply for this coveted position you must first register for the event. Once you have registered you may contact Viper with your qualifications and background. The special "First Strike Sniper" missions must be completed by the designated "First Strike Sniper" who may be accompanied only by his "spotter" so the applicant must have the experience, skills, and determination to complete these missions.

The "First Strike Snipers" will be chosen two weeks prior to the event, and their names will be posted on the Viper forums at www.viperpaintball.com

You can find out more about Tiberius Arms, their markers, and their exclusive First Strike rounds go to tiberiusarms.com

For info on Viper Paintball Scenarios and their 2012 events in Texas, Illinois, New York, Indiana, Maryland, and Canada go to viperpaintball.com

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 23 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#2 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Sounds sick! Awesome Viper! :lol:
Posted Image

#3 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

FIRST!!

Oh, and will this be at LLV?

I think as far as written in qualifications go, I've written the 'book' on external ballistics and paintball (see my sig), and I've competed in the US Eastern Top Paintball Sniper.

For these events, can I use my own T9.1?

Ninja'd cause I was adding substance :P

Edited by UV Halo, 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Too bad you're on the Empire, UV. Though if you're off doing your FS missions, that'll leave us a little safer on the front lines. :P

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

My friend and I will be applying for these coveted "Sniper/Spotter" positions. Military training and a determination to do whatever it takes to drop our target, I think it'll be a good match...Maybe we'll see you across the field UV ;).

EDIT: Yes I know military training doesn't apply in certain aspects of paintball, but here it can't hurt am I right? So no flaming or trolling kthxbai.

Edited by Irish725, 23 March 2012 - 12:17 AM.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Irish, I better not be in those sights of yours... ;)
Posted Image

#7 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Man, I am glad I am on UV's side.

#8 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm really curious if these missions will be against other players or, static targets.

LOL- thanks Economist! I'm actually looking forward to this game precisely because it can support two-sided story telling.

i.e. "I got whacked by Halo" or me saying- I got roped by Willie when I thought I was hidden :P

Edited by UV Halo, 23 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#9 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm really curious if these missions will be against other players or, static targets.

There will be a mixture
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#10 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks! Have you added these missions to LL5?

#11 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh how sweet it would be if TA let the snipers keep the T9.1s after LL5 was over.

#12 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks! Have you added these missions to LL5?

All of my 2012 events will feature them. Actually LL5 will have TWO on each side ;)
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#13 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

LOL- thanks Economist! I'm actually looking forward to this game precisely because it can support two-sided story telling.

i.e. "I got whacked by Halo" or me saying- I got roped by Willie when I thought I was hidden :P

Haha you are totally right UV, plus you never know, it might be the cause of some "Sniper/Counter Sniper" tactics haha. That'd make for an interesting mission :)

#14 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

are you guys going to supply the Ghillie Suits and communications for the snipers/squad? like ear pieces and possibly NVG for night missions? Perhaps a NVG scope?
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#15 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

You want us to point out the targets for you too? :P

At $1,800 a pop for decent NVGs...probably not

And a spotter works alongside a sniper, so I'm not sure why they would need commo

Posted Image

You get use of $500 rig and forty bucks worth of ammo for free. Aside from that you're on your own. ;)

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 23 March 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#16 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

What about 12 grams? Do the snipers supply those themselves?

#17 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

OMG come on guys. :wacko:

The setups have a Ninja 13c.i. HPA tank in s sliding stock.
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#18 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hey, come on now, you gotta make the nitpickers happy. :P Nice to hear TA has thought ahead and included the tank in the stock. But then you have to wonder who's going to pay the $15 per tank air fee. :lol:

#19 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Nice to hear TA has thought ahead and included the tank in the stock.

My suggestion. I thought it was a good idea too. ;)

But then you have to wonder who's going to pay the $15 per tank air fee. :lol:

*facepalm*

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 23 March 2012 - 10:44 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#20 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I still can't wait to see all of the "snipers" around in the event, considering this is my first real scenario.
Posted Image

#21 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

I still can't wait to see all of the "snipers" around in the event, considering this is my first real scenario.

If you aren't familiar with the performance of Tiberius First Strike Rounds don't underestimate them. Ask Mike Phillips. He loves them.

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 23 March 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#22 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

If you aren't familiar with the performance of Tiberius First Strike Rounds don't underestimate them. Ask Mike Phillips. He loves them.

I've heard some scary things about them. Seeing his videos, I'm learning Mike loves his FS rounds. :lol:
Posted Image

#23 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Why do I have a feeling that UV is going to hunt all the other "Snipers" down like Vasily Zietzev in Stalingrad?

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#24 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I just have to say that knowing what a player with FS rounds is capable of, I'm super happy to see them brought into the fold as part of the scenario, rather than simply allowing people to use them at events.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#25 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

This is going to be fun. I'm a little concerned about getting shot out of nowhere from these FS "snipers" now...
Posted Image

#26 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

It's going to be interesting for me, because this will be my first scenario in almost a year where I'll be using normal paint. It's going to be hard to transition from FS ballistics back to "light 'em up" thinking. Needless to say, whoever these snipers will be are going to add a dimension to the gameplay few scenarios have.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#27 GunslingerDragon

GunslingerDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm the friend Irish725 spoke of, picked up an FS capable T9 not too long ago for the sole purpose of sniping. Need to get it out to someplace I can test it, find the max range and accuracy and dial in my scope. Finally I have a paintball gun that allows me to put my marksmanship skills to work.

I will definitely be applying for the sniper position on the Horde side.

#28 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I didn't see it answered but, can I use my own T9.1 to complete these missions?

EDIT: This is assuming that I have been selected for the missions.

Edited by UV Halo, 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#29 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

You have to stop a minute and think about the promotion, and really understand the idea of a "sponsorship."

Question: Why would Tiberius Arms send me two full sniper rigs and provide free First Strike rounds for every event?

A possible answer might be that they want to see players try FS rounds and Tiberius equipment in the interest of creating new fans/customers.

If that is, indeed, the case choosing players who already have Tiberius rigs and who are already fans of FS rounds wouldn't be very productive. Posted Image

Sponsorships are a funny thing. For whatever reason paintballers think that sponsorships happen because companies have too much product laying around and want to give it away just to get it out of their warehouse.

I can tell you that is not the case. And here is a lesson for those of you soliciting genuine sponsorships where you are given products for free as opposed to today's version of a "sponsorship" which is simply buying direct at wholesale.

A full sponsorship is an investment on behalf of the company. Just like with a magazine ad or internet banner ad they are investing money in return for promotion. The more effective the promotion the better your chance of landing said sponsorship. So an email saying "Hay my frends made a paintball teem will you sposner us?" is a joke. Don't waste your time sending it. Instead tell them how many events you intend to play, in how many cities or states, and what YOU will do to promote their name and get players to buy THEIR products.

That being said Tiberius invested in this new aspect of my events and made them possible because I told them I would introduce players to their great products and let them see, for themselves, the impressive advantages to using First Strike rounds in the right situations. Presumably these "First Strike Snipers" will walk away from this event impressed with the products and talking about their experience, which is win/win for Viper and Tiberius, and will sell FS rounds even if that particular player doesn't buy them, because you have someone who has tried them and experienced, first hand, what they can do.
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#30 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Then maybe I should apply...
Posted Image

#31 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

You have to stop a minute and think about the promotion, and really understand the idea of a "sponsorship."

Question: Why would Tiberius Arms send me two full sniper rigs and provide free First Strike rounds for every event?

A possible answer might be that they want to see players try FS rounds and Tiberius equipment in the interest of creating new fans/customers.

If that is, indeed, the case choosing players who already have Tiberius rigs and who are already fans of FS rounds wouldn't be very productive. Posted Image

Sponsorships are a funny thing. For whatever reason paintballers think that sponsorships happen because companies have too much product laying around and want to give it away just to get it out of their warehouse.

I can tell you that is not the case. And here is a lesson for those of you soliciting genuine sponsorships where you are given products for free as opposed to today's version of a "sponsorship" which is simply buying direct at wholesale.

A full sponsorship is an investment on behalf of the company. Just like with a magazine ad or internet banner ad they are investing money in return for promotion. The more effective the promotion the better your chance of landing said sponsorship. So an email saying "Hay my frends made a paintball teem will you sposner us?" is a joke. Don't waste your time sending it. Instead tell them how many events you intend to play, in how many cities or states, and what YOU will do to promote their name and get players to buy THEIR products.

That being said Tiberius invested in this new aspect of my events and made them possible because I told them I would introduce players to their great products and let them see, for themselves, the impressive advantages to using First Strike rounds in the right situations. Presumably these "First Strike Snipers" will walk away from this event impressed with the products and talking about their experience, which is win/win for Viper and Tiberius, and will sell FS rounds even if that particular player doesn't buy them, because you have someone who has tried them and experienced, first hand, what they can do.

Okay, fair enough. I was just under the impression that somehow these missions would contribute to the overall scenario and I was just hoping to be able to contribute to the scenario missions using my own Tiberius rig. Why my own rig? Well, I've got a high end, custom camo paint job and, and a 3D camo system, a customized Tiberius adjustable riser, a high quality optic, and of course, my integrated suppressor.

#32 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Perhaps next year we will add in the option for some "independent contractors." ;)
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#33 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Tempted to apply, but I'm not sure.
Posted Image

#34 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

How much time will these missions take? Sure its great that Tiberious is doing this, but if someone wants to apply but already preregistered and payed for their tank and 2-3 cases of paint, they may not want to do it if they're going to lose on their original investment. Or they'll get mad once they realize they lost out on their original investment.

Edited by LV Backpacker, 26 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#35 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

There will be a number of missions throughout the event.

And, seriously...if you're using two or three cases of paint in a scenario... (in my best Qui-Gon Jinn voice while waiving hand) you are not the sniper we are looking for. :D

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 26 March 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#36 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

I am not a sniper in any sort or form, but you know behind every good sniper is a spotter with plenty of ammo :D. I believe in the "Accuracy by Volume" theory of thinking, hence the 7 cases lol.

#37 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

There will be a number of missions throughout the event.

And, seriously...if you're using two or three cases of paint in a scenario... (in my best Qui-Gon Jinn voice while waiving hand) you are not the sniper we are looking for. :D

Where do we sign up? Is this for the whole weekend?

Edited by Jarz, 27 March 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

To apply for this coveted position you must first register for the event. Once you have registered you may contact Viper with your qualifications and background. The special "First Strike Sniper" missions must be completed by the designated "First Strike Sniper" who may be accompanied only by his "spotter" so the applicant must have the experience, skills, and determination to complete these missions.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#39 DubGeek13

DubGeek13

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Bingo, well said Kerry.
Citrus Connection, proudly sponsored by: TechPB - Animal Paintball Customs - ORingMonkey.com - High Impact Imagery - CPHQ

#40 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Attention to detail and ability to follow directions will be important skills for this position. ;)
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#41 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Umm I call a spot on the horde side :P

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#42 Rathje

Rathje

Super Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Do you have to register for one of these limited positions to use First Strike rounds at all at this event?
"He who is skilled in defeat shall never see destruction"

Sun Tzu

#43 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Do you have to register for one of these limited positions to use First Strike rounds at all at this event?

No. But, in order to take part in the specific scenario missions (I've no clue what they are yet), you must apply and be approved for the mission and, use the markers issued by Tiberius/Viper.

#44 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Errg I wanna try to distract the sniper's targets.
Also, and they said theres no such thing as paintball snipers...

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#45 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hate to Necro but, just what happened with these missions last year?

I've not seen any recap, articles or even scores related to them. Just the announcement of who would be doing them.

#46 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

i shoot for this at the april game
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#47 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

What stop me throwing one in my phantom for fun at the field?

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users