Photo

Should I be a pump-only player?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

*Disclaimer* This thread is in no regards trying to discourage pump play. I play pump a lot myself. Every player SHOULD own a pump gun even if it isn't used a whole lot.
OK, to answer a TON of PM's I've been getting as of late, I'm going to write this thread as a response to these PM's. I see this posted up a lot online.

"OK I'm selling my electro and I'm looking at buying a pump gun soon. What should I buy?"

And the first thing I really want to ask is why you are selling your electro. Are you sure you want to get into pump? Nothing against it, just checking. You are really sure?

One thing that' I've seen a lot of is when people jump head first into pump play, get burned out on it, and hang up the gun and goggles. Lets do some mythbusting here.

"Will pump make me a better player?"

and the typical response

"Playing pump will force you to choose your shots better thus making you a better player in time"

In my experience and opinion, this logic is a bit twisted.

To be completely honest with you, putting a pump gun in your hands won't do either. Sitting in a 1988, 5 speed, v4 Toyota Corolla with crank windows will not make you a better driver than sitting in a 2012 Cadillac with all the trimmings will, and vice versa. You will either be a good driver in the automatic Cadillac and not do too well in the manual Toyota, or learn to overcome that stumbling block by learning to drive stick or you just sit in a car that you can't drive. Just because one is a little harder to learn to drive doesn't mean you will be a better driver, you might just not drive as well. I really hope that made a little bit of sense.

Now, before you go out and spend all your money on a super fancy pump gun, decide how "good of a driver" you are. Can you barely hang in there with an "automatic", or a semi auto? Or do you find "driving" an automatic to be boring and too easy? This is where you need to weigh the pro's and con's that playing with a pump gun can bring to the table. Go ahead and decide where your handicap is at. For some people, they will have no trouble taking people out with pump guns. Some people will, and that is where you need to look for the answer.

Critically look at yourself as a player and go from there. Are you a good player? Are you an average player? Do you suck at paintball? Be honest with yourself here. For most people, this might effect how much fun you can have with a pump gun. If you are willing to learn what it takes to better yourself as a player by limiting yourself with a pump, then yes, pump can be an effective way to learn paintball skills.

I guess what I'm getting at here is this. No, a pump won't make you better. No, a pump won't force you into making better shots or playing better. It's completely dependent on YOU to get better. The gun you use is entirely up to you while you do this. For me, I find my handicap right around the mechanical semi auto area. Around there, I play good paintball without it being too hard or too easy.

So to answer the question after I typed out that entire tangent of text.

"Should I switch over to pump entirely?"

"It depends. Consider where you are as a player. For me, pump is very hard and I got tired of it very quickly when I ONLY played pump. Consider this before putting your semi up for sale. Remember that pump isn't the only way to play paintball AND learn good skills, but it can assist the effort."

Thanks for reading this post, I tried not to mix up too much stuff in here.

-Kermit

Edited by Kermit, 23 March 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

nice write up Posted Image
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#3 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Interesting ideas there.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#4 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

I might use this to describe pump play at my local field, Nice write up :tup:

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Good right-up. :tup:

#6 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

+1

I'm of the opinions that no one should aver be an anything-only player. There's something to be had in every style of play, so its a shame to ignore one or many of them.

#7 BillNyePBGuy

BillNyePBGuy

If you dont get it, you're Sofa Kingdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

its affect, not effect.

Otherwise i liked the post. detailed and concise. im considering getting a pump now, and this is just what i needed to hear.
My Sale Thread: Tank, Ion, Automag, Ion Virtue, T2W, Remote Coil

Check out Pimped Out Paintball for used markers, hoppers, other equipment and maintenance services! Our tech has been in paintball forever and knows his stuff! If you have any questions about the site please feel free to call the listed number!

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

As much as I enjoy pump, it's become extremely overrated these days.
Everyone and their mother is playing pump now. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it seems people are band-wagon-ing it now more than anything.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 samthepainter

samthepainter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Everyone and their mother is playing pump now. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it seems people are band-wagon-ing it now more than anything.

I dunno. I can see bangwagoning, but maybe it's moreso because it's legitimately fun, challenging, and saves a lot of paint. That's my guess.

Plus, I played recently and barely saw any pumps.

#10 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

I dunno. I can see bangwagoning, but maybe it's moreso because it's legitimately fun, challenging, and saves a lot of paint. That's my guess.

Those reasons are effects, not cause.
It seems nowadays, a lot of people are playing pump because it's "cool" to play pump. I've actually seen kids trying to lane with their auto-triggers. That's not playing pump, that's just owning a pump.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#11 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

Those reasons are effects, not cause.
It seems nowadays, a lot of people are playing pump because it's "cool" to play pump. I've actually seen kids trying to lane with their auto-triggers. That's not playing pump, that's just owning a pump.

Good thing I won't put an auto trigger on any of my pumps.. :D

And I like to save my pump for the end of the day. They close speedball, then 1.5 hours of pure pump fun.. They're some days where I will pure pump though.

It is funny how many questions you get asked if you pump on walk on. Next sunday I'm joining my cousins in some group thing. Most of the people are close to my age, but I'm still gonna pump. I think it compensates for their lack of experience. And I damn well enjoy playing pump!!

Lastly, I never started pumping as a trendy thing, I was one of the only pumpers at my field. It was just one of those things I wanted to try...

#12 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

I want your babies now Kermit for making this thread.

But here is how I see pump now, it's like anyone who has NEVER played pump says they want a pump and automatically ask about the Empire pump, but they wont try out cheaper ones.

I'm totally cool with people playing pump because they like too, not because it's "cool".

I only play pump because I can't find an electro I truly love.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#13 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

I had wanted to try out pump only a few months after I started play, because it was a whole new way to play, and it seemed really intriguing. And, it was. I really enjoy playing pump, and I thought my Axe would collect dust, but it won't. Typically, if I play pump, I end up playing against electros all day. That gets really old, really fast. You come to a point where it's so hard to put up against 1-3 lanes of paint with a pump. I enjoy switching out both markers.

I started with an Empire Sniper (I support my pro-shop, and that's the pump he stocks), and luckily, I loved pump. It may not be for everyone. If I'm not with a ton of mechs, and a few electros, I find pump to be a big challenge, but I like the challenge sometimes.
Posted Image

#14 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've played with an electro in the last year or so. And I didn't even realize it was the "cool" thing when I got into it, I just bought a pump kit on a whim, and loved it ever since.

Edited by hogzilla88, 24 March 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#15 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I played with my kp a couple times, had a blast. Probably going back to pump this summer.

#16 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Kermit

You know you and I differ on our views of pump, but I gotta give you a Posted Image for this write up. There's definitely a trend of people moving towards pump because they think it's "cool" and it is cool, but that's the wrong reason to get into it.

Edited by Empire91, 24 March 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#17 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

The only person that plays pump on open days at my field is in his late 40s so I dont think people see it around here as the "cool" thing. And I can't stand pumps. No offense but I suck at it and hate it and never want to play it :)
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#18 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

The only person that plays pump on open days at my field is in his late 40s so I dont think people see it around here as the "cool" thing. And I can't stand pumps. No offense but I suck at it and hate it and never want to play it :)

And there is absolutely no problem with that. As long as you've tried it that's all that matters. The problems come from people that bash it when they have never played it, or people that have played it once and proclaim it to be the best paintball ever.

My belief is that it is much better and much more fun than semi, but I've been playing it for a long time. The trick is to go into it with open eyes and make up your own decisions.

#19 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Playing pump is more of a "popularity" thing now. People do it becuase it's cool and they can go around saying everyone else that uses electros are idiots and suck.
I've lost respect for the pump community because of it.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of cool paintball players out there that play pump because they prefer it. But recently there are way to many of these guys bashing everything else and thinking they are the shit, because they have a gun that isn't as good as everything else.

I must also add thay I enjoy pump whenever I can play it.

#20 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Playing pump is more of a "popularity" thing now. People do it becuase it's cool and they can go around saying everyone else that uses electros are idiots and suck.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of cool paintball players out there that play pump because they prefer it. But recently there are way to many of these guys bashing everything else and thinking they are the shit, because they have a gun that isn't as good as everything else.

I haven't seen so much of the electro bashing on the field, but on the forums, I have seen a lot. I mean, it's easy to sit behind a computer and tell people you're better with a pump than someone with a semi. And in reality that just isn't true. The majority of people that pick up pump are going to get mowed by people that competent with semis. Not me of course Posted Image

But the fun comes when you shoot a semi guy with one to the mask.

Edited by Empire91, 24 March 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#21 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

I haven't seen so much of the electro bashing on the field, but on the forums, I have seen a lot. I mean, it's easy to sit behind a computer and tell people you're better with a pump than someone with a semi. And in reality that just isn't true. The majority of people that pick up pump are going to get mowed by people that competent with semis. Not me of course Posted Image

That is the truth. Last time I played, I was averaging 4 people per game and not getting shot out at all. Last game I played pump, and it was fun. I ended up shooting one guy out in the belly with one shot and it was a great feeling. I remembered that shot longer than the rest. Only downside to that game was that I took a NASTY shot to the ear on my proflex, I had an enlarged lobe for about a week :D

#22 bth9461

bth9461

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

You need to do better than that. At the field I started at in 1989, unless they have changed in the last 5 years. That field has been a no head shot field since its founding in 1983 I think. 3 different owners over that time. The rule is still used though. LOL....... Go for them big Hoppers, instead.

You don't get the elimination, but you can blind them though, then go for something below the neck.

PS. we counted head shots at my field, personally I think we got hit less in the head with head shots counting. I love that first field though, and it is my favorite place to play. I have a thick skull. LOL........

#23 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

You need to do better than that. At the field I started at in 1989, unless they have changed in the last 5 years. That field has been a no head shot field since its founding in 1983 I think. 3 different owners over that time. The rule is still used though. LOL....... Go for them big Hoppers, instead.

You don't get the elimination, but you can blind them though, then go for something below the neck.

PS. we counted head shots at my field, personally I think we got hit less in the head with head shots counting. I love that first field though, and it is my favorite place to play. I have a thick skull. LOL........

A no head shot rule? That just sounds ludacris(haha rapper style)

#24 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

good thread, but i still think pump makes you better

#25 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Oh my god so much agreement. Pump seems to have turned into the "cool" thing to play and people play it to be different. It doesn't help you save paint at all. My friend with an etek 3 and rotor shoots less than a bag a day whereas I generally shoot 2 bags a day. It doesn't MAKE you better, it forces you to either get better or get shot. It annoys me the number of people that ask about "should I get the empire sniper or ccm 6.5 as my first pump?" Neither, go pick up a cheap ass sniper for $100 bucks, play a few games, see how much harder it is and that you may not actually enoy it, then decide if you want your mom to buy you an empire sniper.

#26 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

good thread, but i still think pump makes you better

Oh god, the ignorance.
Posted Image

How does it make you better? Most good players are good because they practice a lot. Most of the players that go on the field with a pump play against equally skilled or lesser skilled players. That's why you shoot out so many per game. Go against a squad of D2 and up leveled players with you and your pump gang and see what happends. Everyone using the same markers be it pumps, semis or electros.

Edited by Nobben #44, 24 March 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#27 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Pump makes you a better player! .....at pump. But I am also a firm believer that those skills translate to semi.

Edited by Empire91, 24 March 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#28 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Pump play forces you into an environment in which you can't fall back onto old habits. The same can be accomplished with a little discipline.
Pumpers usually shoot less paint. With a little discipline, you can shoot that same amount of paint with a G6r by simply not pulling the trigger as much.
Snap shooting, situational awareness, and playing aggressively has nothing to do with the gun, so you can use any gun (or even none at all) to practice those skills.
Many pump players use a low-cap hopper and a 13/3k tank to have a lighter setup. As evidenced by our very own CdnNinja, the same can be done with an Ego.

I really only see 2 benefits from pump play, both of which are conditional.
  • If you like mech autocockers but don't want to deal with the maintenance (This is the reason I started; my Trilogy was leaking and I was too lazy to try and fix it)
  • You want a vastly (and quite sacrificial) lightweight setup by using something like a Micro-Phantom (The only pump that will survive my "purge") . The only setup I'm aware of that's lighter is a Goblin, but those things are just silly.
Pump is a voluntary hindrance meant solely for entertainment, nothing more.

Edited by Antonious, 24 March 2012 - 11:09 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#29 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

If there is one thing that I noticed as a player going from a pump to a semi was my mentality to be more conservative with my shots. I learned with my pump that I didn't need to shoot lanes, I didn't need to shoot at bunkers unless I clearly saw someone or if I knew they were about to show themselves. I'm not saying someone with a semi can have the same mindset, I'm just saying pump helped me realize that even more than I did in the past.

I guess that is one thing that can transfer over, however that doesn't just make you a better player. That just makes you a smarter player.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#30 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I don't care about who plays pump. I agree that many kids have been bandwagoning lately.

However, I will continue to play pump because it's FUN. People fear me on the field, and I love that one shot where I shoot a player that is shooting a full auto gun out using one ball and lots of skill.

I also have been playing pump for a year, but now whenever I play electro it's no fun. Nothing about the game changes for me shooting 12.5 BPS except for the fact that I use a lot more paint...

#31 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

If there is one thing that I noticed as a player going from a pump to a semi was my mentality to be more conservative with my shots. I learned with my pump that I didn't need to shoot lanes, I didn't need to shoot at bunkers unless I clearly saw someone or if I knew they were about to show themselves. I'm not saying someone with a semi can have the same mindset, I'm just saying pump helped me realize that even more than I did in the past.

I guess that is one thing that can transfer over, however that doesn't just make you a better player. That just makes you a smarter player.

Smarter and deciplined player doesn't equal to better player?

Edited by Roofie Liqueur, 24 March 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#32 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Unless you actively TRY to get smarter, you won't be any better. Simply taking a pump onto the field does not instantly make you better. If you suck with a Luxe, your going to suck with a Sniper...

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#33 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

You can become just as smart and disciplined on any other platform; it's not exclusive to pump.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#34 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

*Disclaimer* This thread is in no regards trying to discourage pump play. I play pump a lot myself. Every player SHOULD own a pump gun even if it isn't used a whole lot.

I disagree, if you're not going to use it, don't own it.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#35 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

I agree with AceComets on this one (my opinion).

If I owned an electro and never used it, I would sell it. If I owned a mech and didn't use it, I would sell it. If I owned a pump and didn't use it, I would sell it. If I owned an extra HPA tank and didn't use it, I would sell it.

Just my opinion. Paintball is expensive - I don't have the money to keep extra equipment I don't use.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#36 bth9461

bth9461

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

A no head shot rule? That just sounds ludacris(haha rapper style)

I think the field was a old NSG field. I remember in 91 when I opened, NSG was still selling field start up kits. I passed and found my own insurance and equipment. You should have seen what the rentals look like back in 1989. Very used 007 Nelspot and a Uvex (shop style goggle). The did not even offer you the Green Stalk face mask that they had. By the time I opened NSG was pushing their Splat Master pistol with the field kits. I think the rule might have come from NSG. Not sure though. It has stuck around out of tradition.

I am of the opinion that Pump Gun play needs more talent, it does not always make you better. It takes some time to master. It is a harder way to play. In the old days the good pump guns did have a advantage on range and accuracy over the first semi's. With a 68 Special you needed to get in close with the Phantom and Snipers. The Auto-Cocker killed the PUMP game. For a few years there was a kind of Balance in the Force.

#37 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Pump makes you a better player! .....at pump. But I am also a firm believer that those skills translate to semi.

What? No. It does not! It's just dumb to even say that. Practicing at aiming makes you better. NOT using a pump. Do you think a player that cannot aim for shit will all of a sudden become good with a pump? Or hit stuff shooting 10bps ramp? No he won't, he sould still miss with either gun. There is a reason pro players hit their targets and newbie kids don't.

Also, playing pump does not make you faster. It does not make you understand the field better. It does not improve your technique. It does not make you a better team player. It does not make you better at communicating. It does not make you better at anything. Practicing does.

Edited by Nobben #44, 24 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#38 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I agree with AceComets on this one (my opinion).

If I owned an electro and never used it, I would sell it. If I owned a mech and didn't use it, I would sell it. If I owned a pump and didn't use it, I would sell it. If I owned an extra HPA tank and didn't use it, I would sell it.

Just my opinion. Paintball is expensive - I don't have the money to keep extra equipment I don't use.

I think he meant everyone should own a pump at least long enough to try it out; not keep it forever...

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#39 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Oh, ok. Nevermind then.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#40 Hibiki54

Hibiki54

Lord of the Western Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Pump is fun, especially when the pumping stroke is pneumatically assisted.
Posted Image

#41 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I feel like you missed the entire message in that line. Since when does "isn't used a whole lot" mean the same thing as "not going to use it"?

If I buy a motorcycle but drive my Jeep more, I should sell the motorcycle even though I still have fun riding it every now and then? Of course not.

Edited by Kermit, 24 March 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#42 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

I feel like you missed the entire message in that line. Since when does "isn't used a whole lot" mean the same thing as "not going to use it"?

If I buy a motorcycle but drive my Jeep more, I should sell the motorcycle even though I still have fun riding it every now and then? Of course not.

completely different thing. a Motorcycle gets bitches...pump can make you look like a bitch. Posted Image I hate the pump thought that "oh I choose to go out on the field with a mechanical advantage, I'm badass"

owning a pump JUST to own a pump, unless pump is the only style of play you can afford is a dumb idea. I'm just saying. I owned a phantom...hated pump, so I gave it to my friend as a gift to get him back into the sport..he's a broke fuck so it works for him, he knows he's not better then me cause he's a pump player.

Pump isn't as glamorous as some people make it sound

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

#43 mrcuddles

mrcuddles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

completely different thing. a Motorcycle gets bitches...pump can make you look like a bitch. Posted Image I hate the pump thought that "oh I choose to go out on the field with a mechanical advantage, I'm badass"

owning a pump JUST to own a pump, unless pump is the only style of play you can afford is a dumb idea. I'm just saying. I owned a phantom...hated pump, so I gave it to my friend as a gift to get him back into the sport..he's a broke fuck so it works for him, he knows he's not better then me cause he's a pump player.

Pump isn't as glamorous as some people make it sound

Don't hate on pump just because you suck at it.
09 PMR for sale or trade http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=160145

#44 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Don't hate on pump just because you suck at it.

Lol?...cause you totally know I "suck at pump"

#45 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

owning a pump JUST to own a pump, unless pump is the only style of play you can afford is a dumb idea. I'm just saying.

I can afford not to play pump if I wanted, but I love the feeling I get when I roll out with my tiny-ass micro-phantom and a couple 12-ies and 10 round tubes.
No tank, no hopper, and one of the smallest guns on the market; nothing's like it and It really boosts my adrenaline and enjoyment.
I think it's a dumb idea to not play the game how you want to play it, otherwise, you'll just burn out quick and quit.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#46 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

I play pump because it's fun...that's it.

#47 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

I think it's a dumb idea to not play the game how you want to play it, otherwise, you'll just burn out quick and quit.

Exactly what I was getting at with this thread.

If you don't enjoy pump but play it just because it's cool, you'll burn out faster than a candle in a hurricane.

#48 Bauzer

Bauzer

Canada's Bushman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

honestly its all about the money and i like the challenge

let me know if you find any good porn on it, always got room on the thumbdrive :-)

I think the most useless thing in paintball is... Cookybiscuit. :P

Xbox Games For Sale

#49 samthepainter

samthepainter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'd love to see this thread on MCB, where over half the guys seem to play pump. I feel like you would get some good discussion going and you'd see the counter-arguments to the statements you're trying to make. Not that yours are necessarily wrong.

#50 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Exactly what I was getting at with this thread.

If you don't enjoy pump but play it just because it's cool, you'll burn out faster than a candle in a hurricane.

I Know where you got that.....
listening to Rascal Flatts again, eh?

Edited by nighthunter, 25 March 2012 - 02:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users