• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 n'vasion paintball

n'vasion paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I've heard the etha is durable, light, and I like the way it feels. I don't luv how the axe feels, but I've heard it's a good shooter is it worth another 60 bucks ? Answers and why please

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

The main thing to look out for is ergonomics... If you liked how the Etha felt, and didn't like how the axe did. Then get the Etha!

#3 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

I like the features of the Axe more then the Etha... Etha has a lot of great packaging that comes with it but a terrible trigger, and it's alright feeling at best. Not amazing in the hands like I expected it to be... The Axe is fairly comfortable and a smoother and quieter shooter.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#4 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

^^^ I love the Etha's trigger. That and the ergos. But that was it lol.

#5 braindead

braindead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'd say axe, pros use it

#6 dgomez56

dgomez56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

personally, i prefer the axe. but if YOU like the way the etha feels and dislike the way the axe feels then go with the etha.
Setup: DM12/Axe, Rotor v3, Ninja 68/45, Sly Profit
Loaner: Ion XE, Halo B, Empire 68/45, Proto Axis Pro
Ion xe for sale

#7 eXpoNentiaL

eXpoNentiaL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

axe

#8 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

I love my Etha... Can't say much about the Axe as I've never held/shot it.

#9 devon21

devon21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'd say axe, pros use it

pro's will use anything they get paid to use

#10 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

The etha defecates mightily upon the axe in terminologies of ergonomics

But the Ego 11 is shiny. :(

Dosent the Ego 11 only come in dust colours?

Feedback 2/0/0

#11 Lucky_Cro

Lucky_Cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

I'd say axe, pros use it

Pros don't use the axe because it's better,they use it because Empire offered them sponsorship.

Edited by Lucky_Cro, 27 March 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#12 reloadro

reloadro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

i own an axe, my friend owns an etha. the axe shoots much, much smoother than the etha. i also happen to love the ergonomics. that being said, dont buy a marker if YOU dont like the ergonomics. the etha is still a quality marker at a great price. if you like how it felt in your hands, buy the etha!

#13 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

I'd say axe, pros use it

Pros don't use the axe because it's better,they use it because Empire offered them sponsorship.

Kevin should be sponsored by spyder :dodgy:
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#14 jedibrownman

jedibrownman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

If you can tolerate the ergos of the axe, get the axe. From my experience, it outperformed the Etha in every category except ergonomics...PE packaging is way better too but that doesn't have anything to do with the gun being on the field.
Bringin Baller Status to Paintball
My Feedback

#15 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Axe all day.

#16 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

AXE

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#17 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

mini necro ;O

Feedback 2/0/0

#18 Tenit

Tenit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'd say axe, pros use it

Pro's want to win, they aren't going to use crap when they can get a sponsorship from multiple vendors. XSV just won HB with the Axe

#19 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Buy an Etha and name it Hunt.

Edited by PB2011, 03 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#20 Lucky_Cro

Lucky_Cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

If you like how etha feels than go get it.When you are buying marker the most important thing is how does it fit in your hand.Marker can be quiet and smooth as butter but if you don't like how it feels in your hands it will be hard to play with it.

#21 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

The way the Etha feels is solid. For the price, its a great shooter. I havent had any problems with mine at all as of now.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

#22 EHawkins20

EHawkins20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I love my ETHA.

#23 Thurnis Haley

Thurnis Haley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'd say axe, pros use it

Pro's want to win, they aren't going to use crap when they can get a sponsorship from multiple vendors. XSV just won HB with the Axe

They're being paid to use it, I guarantee they would rather use a higher end gun.

#24 survivorspbteam*27

survivorspbteam*27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

if you have enough money than you can get the axe pro which is sooooooooo good

#25 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'd say axe, pros use it

They're being paid to use it, I guarantee they would rather use a higher end gun.

Really? REALLY!?! Look, I get that the Axe has "unique" ergos that some folks love and others hate, I get that there are things abut a $450 marker that aren't as "nice" as with a $1K marker, but this statement is pure foolishness.

Would ANY professional athlete willingly use poor equipment just because they got it cheap? For free? Sure, they might shill for some product they don't use for a few bucks; You think any professional athlete actually eats Wheaties? That stuff's like eating wet cardboard. But to willingly use sub-standard equipment in the sport is the same as being asked to lose on purpose. NO professional (or amateur) athlete is going to do that. Not one. Ever.

So no, pro's don't use the Axe because they are paid to. Yes, there may be an incentive for them to use it, but at the end of the day, if it wasn't letting them play to the top of their game, it wouldn't matter how much money they were getting, they wouldn't use it. Would maybe 1 or 2, out of the whole of professional sports? Sure, maybe. Every sport has it's Pete Roses, but whole teams? No.

Oh, and if you "guarantee" XSV would rather use a higher-end gun, what do I get if you're wrong? What exactly is your guarantee worth, hmmm...?
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#26 3o5 Paintball

3o5 Paintball

RAWR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

axe, nuff said
Posted Image
Rockin the G3

#27 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ultimately the choice is yours, you're the one that's going to be playing with it, you are paying for it, I would say go with the one that fits you better ( era go feels better, you like the look, and is in your price range ). Remember if you don't like the gun, you're not gonna wanna play with it.

#28 Click

Click

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

mike has a intresting post a couple up from yours, about how u have to send axes in to get the reg fixed.

#29 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'd say axe, pros use it

Really? REALLY!?! Look, I get that the Axe has "unique" ergos that some folks love and others hate, I get that there are things abut a $450 marker that aren't as "nice" as with a $1K marker, but this statement is pure foolishness.

Would ANY professional athlete willingly use poor equipment just because they got it cheap? For free? Sure, they might shill for some product they don't use for a few bucks; You think any professional athlete actually eats Wheaties? That stuff's like eating wet cardboard. But to willingly use sub-standard equipment in the sport is the same as being asked to lose on purpose. NO professional (or amateur) athlete is going to do that. Not one. Ever.

So no, pro's don't use the Axe because they are paid to. Yes, there may be an incentive for them to use it, but at the end of the day, if it wasn't letting them play to the top of their game, it wouldn't matter how much money they were getting, they wouldn't use it. Would maybe 1 or 2, out of the whole of professional sports? Sure, maybe. Every sport has it's Pete Roses, but whole teams? No.

Oh, and if you "guarantee" XSV would rather use a higher-end gun, what do I get if you're wrong? What exactly is your guarantee worth, hmmm...?

I'll argue paintball is slightly different. Midends and highends have similar shot quality, hell ions even shoot better than egos. Eating wheaties isn't required to play a sport. Using a gun to play paintball is lol.

And trust me, it's not just with axes. A lot of players that play for teams that are sponsored would much rather use their favorite gun. Axes won't 'lower' your game...However if I was being paid enough, I sure as hell would shoot one and contain the dying feeling inside that wants me to shoot a much nicer gun.

And really, reading over your post again...just chilldafuqout lol. You really don't have a point. You can't say that pros like to use axes, they're paid to say that. He also doesn't have a solid point saying players under sponsorship using axes would much rather shoot higher end guns. Just for the sole fact that neither of you can back that up with a pro player that's outspoken about it. Simply because they're paid and under contract.

But his statement I'll rip less on because I can relate. Our team was just trying to figure out sponsorships, and empire came up. It was like $400 for EVERYTHING. While that's all nice and dandy, I said fuck no because I don't want to hold onto an axe...and I wasn't alone in that.

Bottom line is that its speculation. I can much more safely assume his statement is more accurate because if I was a pro, and forced to use an axe, I wouldn't like it but I would for the sake of playing on the team and for money. Also don't take it personal, makes techpb awkward.

Edited by xincognitopbx, 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Feedback 2/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users