• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Savage95

Savage95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

I live in bimbo nowhere, my closest feild is an hour-hour thirty away. Is it or would it be a good idea to start my own woodsball fiel ? Lumber aint so expensive and im surrounded by woods. I dont got money to buy gear to rent out but i could just set schedules buy paint and sell it for a few bucks more on site. Good idea or bad ? Im 16 but dont underestimate age. George Washington was an ambassador at the age of 14. So your thaughts are wanted please and thanks! -Savage!

#2 mrcuddles

mrcuddles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Where do you live? I'd be interested in playing there.
09 PMR for sale or trade http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=160145

#3 AnimalX

AnimalX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

I would also... I could also help out. You would need a crono and maybe a couple scuba tanks and charge a few bucks to fill up. Also maybe it could be a perma place for the Ohio Christian paintballers asso. travel airball feild??
Adventures of a n00b:

My link

#4 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

You have to be 18 to own a business. If you charge money there you need to have insurance, and to have insurance for a company/place you need to be 18. You also would have to be 18 to own a credit card to buy your things to start the field, unless you have thousands in cash sitting around. Also, you need a lot of money to buy the acreage needed for a woodsball style paintball place (probably 30-50+ acres). If you are caught building or running a business on someone elses land or in a park you will get in a lot of trouble.

Its a terrible idea.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5 AnimalX

AnimalX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

True didnt think about that.<BR>
Adventures of a n00b:

My link

#6 mrcuddles

mrcuddles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

You have to be 18 to own a business. If you charge money there you need to have insurance, and to have insurance for a company/place you need to be 18. You also would have to be 18 to own a credit card to buy your things to start the field, unless you have thousands in cash sitting around. Also, you need a lot of money to buy the acreage needed for a woodsball style paintball place (probably 30-50+ acres). If you are caught building or running a business on someone elses land or in a park you will get in a lot of trouble.

Its a terrible idea.

I think he was thinking more along the lines of an outlaw ball field...
09 PMR for sale or trade http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=160145

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Its a terrible idea.

I knows. An outlaw ball field with your friends is different from an outlaw ball field with anyone who shows up. When random people show up, its a big liability. If someone gets hurt, you can be sued because there is no waiver.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#8 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

When I was younger the closet field was like an hr away and expensive. I used to have all my friends come to my house. Made a field in my back yard. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.. I would just make sure you do it on your own property so you have a less of a chance of getting in trouble. Also only keep it available to friends. Make sure you take all safety measures. Chrono, barrel covers always on when not playing, etc. Not worth losing an eye or having you or a friend getting seriously hurt.

Edited by Kirko017, 26 March 2012 - 01:44 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#9 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Its a terrible idea.

I knows. An outlaw ball field with your friends is different from an outlaw ball field with anyone who shows up. When random people show up, its a big liability. If someone gets hurt, you can be sued because there is no waiver.

You can be sued even if there is a waiver. In reality, they do very little in cases that would end in a lawsuit to begin with.

Posted Image

#10 Diesel_doberman

Diesel_doberman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

You won't get sued. Your parents will be sued. (or whom ever the property owner is).

#11 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

It would not be a bad idea to start an outlaw field like I am. But a field where random people can play not a good idea unless you have connections, resources or really want a field.
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users