#1 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Geo 2.1 or Luxe 2.0

I have try few markers

bob long Victory V2 (I like the gun a lot but the WOOW factor was not to high for me) dont have it no more
DM11(like it very smooth), but for some reason did not want to keep it)may be becuase their loose value fast. dont have it no more
Ego11(may favore it so far) still have it
Luxe 1.5 Love the gun gun is super smooth ( Nothing but problems I pass more time fixing it than playing with it) dont have it no more

Now I have a New Geo 2.1 and I have try it yet but in may back yard but it does not feel very well.

I have a trade offer Geo 2.1 + 300 for a Luxe 2.0

so what you guys think? ;)

Edited by Michael nest, 26 March 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#2 Mark.c

Mark.c

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

luxes break down way too much, i have a geo 2 and i love it. I would defiantly keep the 2.1 over the luxe any day.

#3 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yea, that is actully my experience with the 1.5 but was hopping they fix issues on the 2.0

#4 eXpoNentiaL

eXpoNentiaL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

luxe 2.0

#5 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

luxe 2.0

Could you please go dipper and tell me why you choose luxe over Geo, did you shoot both? Any help will be appreciated! ;-)

#6 Kid player

Kid player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Im gonna guess luxe 2.0. I only shot one at a local speedball tourney but it was smooth.
Hey I play paintball. I like it.

#7 Plazmaz

Plazmaz

That's What She Said!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Shot a luxe, shot really smooth but was to long for me since i'm only 5". Friend owns a Geo 2 says he loves it.

Cru Paintball, Michigan
Yeah im 12. Come at me bro...

Posted Image

#8 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

I had a luxe 1.5, I know they are smooth, but I havent try the luxe 2.0, and even do I have a Geo 2.1 I haven't try it yet,
Ok I Beilive I will keep the Geo for now to try it in full and then look for more opinions from you! The experts I will see if the trade worthed

#9 twigz

twigz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

I've had both and I currently have two 2.1s right now because I traded my Luxe 2.0. Just like the simplicity of the geo, but then again I never had any problems with the 2.0.
Posted Image

#10 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

luxes break down way too much, i have a geo 2 and i love it. I would defiantly keep the 2.1 over the luxe any day.

where did you here that luxes break down alot?
Posted Image

#11 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

They generally break down for people who don`t know how to take care of them...
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#12 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

This! Lol

#13 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

You are totally correct, but also fair to mention that luxe breaks easily, (I believe is part of the reliability,Not relieve )
I maintenance all may marker and that one was the give me the most problems, especially The FSDO is very annoying

Edited by Michael nest, 27 March 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#14 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

You are totally correct, but also fair to mention that luxe breaks easily, (I believe is part of the reliability,Not relieve )
I maintenance all may marker and that one was the give me the most problems, especially The FSDO is very annoying

But FSDO doesn't mean it's broken... All you have to do is fit your orings correctly, up the dwell a bit, remove the feather touch screw, get the bolt sprung, polish the bolt assembly and lube lightly and all these things will eliminate FSDO... Fitting your orings correctly is one of the main things though and that's all you really need to do to remove FSDO. Getting it sprung helps a lot as well.
Posted Image

#15 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

But FSDO doesn't mean it's broken... All you have to do is fit your orings correctly, up the dwell a bit, remove the feather touch screw, get the bolt sprung, polish the bolt assembly and lube lightly and all these things will eliminate FSDO... Fitting your orings correctly is one of the main things though and that's all you really need to do to remove FSDO. Getting it sprung helps a lot as well.

FSDO is a problem, If it does not work correctly is broken. I never have to do all that on my Victory, DM11, Ego11, DM8
I never use a special lubricant (but the suggested by the Mfg), or polish the bolt, remove components, so the marker work. On any of my markers, Only Luxe require that

That is a problem, is money and time that you putting in there,

If that means I do not know how to take care of it, maybe I am not the good think is I havenít have any problem with the other 99% of the markers that I have and had so may be what I need to do is stay way from Luxes until they fix their problems

#16 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

FSDO is a problem, If it does not work correctly is broken. I never have to do all that on my Victory, DM11, Ego11, DM8
I never use a special lubricant (but the suggested by the Mfg), or polish the bolt, remove components, so the marker work. On any of my markers, Only Luxe require that

That is a problem, is money and time that you putting in there,

If that means I do not know how to take care of it, maybe I am not the good think is I haven't have any problem with the other 99% of the markers that I have and had so may be what I need to do is stay way from Luxes until they fix their problems

Hey dude, where are you from? It's just somewhat hard to understand your English. :)

I guess the FSDO issues is just the price you pay for the smoothness and great feel the Luxes have. Again, fitting your orings properly isn't really all that hard to do and it elminates FSDO.

And of course Ego's and the Victory don't have FSDO. The Victory is an inline poppit and the Ego a poppit, not a spool valve marker.

Luxes, Clones, Demons and markers with bolt systems like that all suffer from FSDO so it's not like the Luxe is the only one. DM's and Geo's are less succeptable to it because they have simpler bolt systems it seems or something. I agree though, never had FSDO issues with my DM12, Geo 2, or Geo 2.1...

Posted Image

#17 Michael nest

Michael nest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Sorry about my English, is not my first language, I am German

Edited by Michael nest, 28 March 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#18 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Sorry about my English, is not my first language, I am German

Oh, pretty neat! Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 GoRillaz

GoRillaz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

i'm more of a pe guy so i'd say geo. it has better reliability, a better board (in my opinion), a better trigger, better efficiency (only slightly though...) and looks better. i actually do love the shot of geo's so i dont know whats wrong with yours, maybe since it hasnt been broken in yet? im not sure.

#20 David32270

David32270

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

nothing is wrong with it, may be the problem is that I havent play with it, just tested it on my back yard.
to be honest with tyou I kinda fall in love with the way that my old Luxe 1.5 just to shoot, and was hopping Luxe 2.0 had an improvement over the 1.5.

but that is ok , i will give the Geo the time! I will let you guys Know! if I like it or not

#21 David32270

David32270

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

By the way what do you guys think about the Geo 2.1trigger for semi?

#22 GoRillaz

GoRillaz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

its very nice, one of the best ive ever felt. it is very close in feel to a critical trigger if you know how they feel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users