• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Ok... so In my area, if you turn 18 you can go get a license without having had a permit...

My question is, If i were to go get my permit now, when i turn 18 in a couple months, would i be able to go get my license, or would i have to wait the full year?

Thanks

-Rob
If you think I would be a helpful part of the Techpb Community, please put in a good word here.

Post Quality>Quantity

#2 jester

jester

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

what state, florida?
"now all you need is some god awful "hater" barrel wrap, some bandana/ sandanna with something douchie that says "night night sucker" or something on it." - best advice given to an upcoming speedballer.

#3 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Yes Sir.
If you think I would be a helpful part of the Techpb Community, please put in a good word here.

Post Quality>Quantity

#4 uranub132

uranub132

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

well yes you could because you turned 18

#5 Sir.Golem

Sir.Golem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

Hmmm, id call the DMV or what ever you call it down there and ask them.

#6 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

that is true haha. At least id have a couple months experience before getting it, rather then none at all.

Post Quality>Quantity

#7 jester

jester

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

sorry man i don't know much about florida law. her in Delaware, we ahv eto take driver's ed regardless. I'm in the middle of it now, and let me tell you, never go the wrong way down a one way street. It'll make your driver's ed teacher angry! lol. hope it works out for you.
"now all you need is some god awful "hater" barrel wrap, some bandana/ sandanna with something douchie that says "night night sucker" or something on it." - best advice given to an upcoming speedballer.

#8 772baller

772baller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

yes, if you are 18, you can just go take the driving test and get it without having your permit.

#9 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

yes, if you are 18, you can just go take the driving test and get it without having your permit.

i know that... I was wondering if i get my permit now, if i can go get my license in a couple months when i turn 18... or if i have to wait a year.

Post Quality>Quantity

#10 Extreme-Pb

Extreme-Pb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

DMV>TPB

#11 android17ak47

android17ak47

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

Up here in NY a 16yr old can get a permit, and is only required to have a certain amount of driving time via night and day, somewhere between 100-200hrs. No actual waiting time for liscense although you do have to schedule for the driving test which is usually a 2week wait. In the mean time you are required to take the 8hr course before you can take your driving test.

#12 TacticalPaintball

TacticalPaintball

Willy Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

Same here (Texas)
Tacticalpaintball Harwood, Texas. Sponsored by TechPB.

This is to commemorate all the sigs that perished in the Great Signature Genocide of 08.

#13 772baller

772baller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

i know that... I was wondering if i get my permit now, if i can go get my license in a couple months when i turn 18... or if i have to wait a year.

yep, you can get it if you had your permit for 3 years or 3 days. you just have to be 18 or have it for a year, whichever comes first.

#14 rocki

rocki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

ya hes right, i hate the DMV (just sayin)

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature

#15 Mwagballer

Mwagballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

ya preety sure you can..
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

#16 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

K thanks guys.

Post Quality>Quantity

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users