Photo

How to inspire people to move up on the field?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'm having trouble getting people on my team to move up the field. How do you inspire them to move up and not chill on the back? They're afraid to take the Doritos or the snake...

#2 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

My answer if simple: just be that person that is making the moves. Even if you're a back player if you're playing with new or inexperienced team mates who are maybe just afraid of moving up you need to mix up your game and do whats best for the team. Maybe seeing you do it they will be more inspired to up their game and try some different moves in the future.

#3 AnimalX

AnimalX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just leave them be I guess.. Be that guy that moves up all the time. If people see you doing it others will follow suite.
Adventures of a n00b:

My link

#4 Medic523

Medic523

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

place cookies in the snake, people will come for cookies. on a real note, move up because people hate if you are taking all the kills, so in turn they will move hopefully to stop you from stealing kills they could possibly have.

#5 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

place cookies in the snake, people will come for cookies. on a real note, move up because people hate if you are taking all the kills, so in turn they will move hopefully to stop you from stealing kills they could possibly have.

Lol that's why half the time they want to be on my team. But yea, I miss team work and other stuff that comes with it once in awhile.

#6 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

when i want to save paint... i play up front. because more often than not, the guys behind me are dumping all the paint and i try to get to the 50. :) like this video:

i normally would shoot twice as much if i was playing behind someone.

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#7 vilesyntax

vilesyntax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Have them watch the PSP vids on youtube... usually the more aggressive team that gets in better position wins. It's that simple.

You have two options... waiting for something to happen vs. making something happen. I rather make something happen, but you still gotta be smart about all your moves.

#8 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

If they don't want to move up, fine, let them sit in the back. Some people wont move up no matter what you do. I'll run up the field, tell em it's clear to move up, and lay down fire, but some people still don't move up. I played with a group that began sitting in the back, after a couple crazy games with me they where all running up the field with me! :)

#9 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

give them some examples

#10 Cp snekybever

Cp snekybever

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I just yell at my friend till he moves out of home :P
SAN DIEGO BALLER

Seriously though...
I won't hate on them as much as everyone else on here has ,but the Luxe is more accident prone then Michael J. Fox playing a game of Operation.

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Shoot at the bunker they are in from behind typically above their head and body they shit bricks and run to the next bunker, repeat until up field!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Fire under ass?
Set up:
Invert Mini Dust Black, Ninja 45/45 tank, Empire Magna smoke, Dye i4's black
PAINTBALLS DO HURT.....For a second so stop being such a bitch about...

#13 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Before the break, tell them "Run to _____ bunker, I'll cover you", and play back yourself. It's what I do for new players to convince them to move.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#14 EHz

EHz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Be the one playing in the front. I dominate playing in the back, but I've noticed if I take to the front and get taken out, my teammates will be more likely to make moves so my loss wasn't in vain. They'll play more aggressively when they see someone else being active. If you're trying to get people to move while trying to maintain a back bunker, they'll thing you're being selfish and sending them in as cannon fodder. Generally speaking though, I refuse to let someone play snake and sometimes dorrito if they're not comfortable with it or don't have the experience. That's when they make the most mistakes and get taken out faster.

#15 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

lol front is the best place to be :) lol just my opinion everyone on the field is equally important. front players tend to get more of the glory though...if they are good that is

Edited by Anti_Revolution, 18 April 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#16 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

scream at them telling them to bump up

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#17 That_guy

That_guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Run way up. You team will be like oh shit he's way up there I should follow.

Poke em with a stick

#18 Suit

Suit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Off the break I dive straight into snake and crawl my way up the field. New players notice this and want to try it for themselves. A good tip is to talk to the players in the pits, teach them the ways, learn there name, etc.

#19 hickorytf

hickorytf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Look up on YouTube how to play paintball by team dynasty and make your guys watch all of them

#20 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I personally feel like I have adhd out on the field, I can't stop moving up. numerous times I will find myself getting yelled at by the other team for shooting them while directly behind them, they think I'm on their team but they've already been cleared out.

It might be a dick move but run to the same bunker as they do and take up all the space in the bunker maybe even pushing them out a bit so they have to move to another bunker.

#21 Bush

Bush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

I think I have read somewhere that the brighter the clothes you are wearing (ie wearing bright read apposed to a dull green) the more your teammates move and shoot. Some psychological stuff happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users