6 replies to this topic

#1 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'll be stepping in on a friends team for a scrimmage this Sunday and I'll probably be playing Dorito side front, which is something I don't have much experience with. Any advice for playing front and Dorito side especially stuff that differs from being a back player would be grateful.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#2 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm a snake player myself, but I started on doritos and played two tournaments dorito side. It's a hard bunker to play, but there are only a few things to remember.

Don't kneel if you don't have too. I'm 6' tall, 230 pounds, and I fit behind all the dorito bunkers just fine. Keep your hips wide and keep off your knees. Snapshooting will take place a lot and you'll be a LOT more agile and aware on your feet.

Here's a tip that I was taught by a d2 level dorito side player that basically taught me everything I know in paintball. Bend your legs and knees(widen the hips, bend the knees) so that your shoulders are just covered by the sides of the bunker. The triangular shape will help you maintain a wide stance just fine.

Reason for this is that you are covered entirely, but move a half foot in either direction and you have a perfect shooting stance. Super easy to snap shoot this way.

A lot of people seem to get very intimidated by the narrow top of a dorito bunker, so in turn they play really low.
Posted Image

This works OK, you just have to move a LOT to snap out.

Hope that helps! :)

#3 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

I never seen a Dorito that big

#4 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm a snake player myself, but I started on doritos and played two tournaments dorito side. It's a hard bunker to play, but there are only a few things to remember.

Don't kneel if you don't have too. I'm 6' tall, 230 pounds, and I fit behind all the dorito bunkers just fine. Keep your hips wide and keep off your knees. Snapshooting will take place a lot and you'll be a LOT more agile and aware on your feet.

Here's a tip that I was taught by a d2 level dorito side player that basically taught me everything I know in paintball. Bend your legs and knees(widen the hips, bend the knees) so that your shoulders are just covered by the sides of the bunker. The triangular shape will help you maintain a wide stance just fine.

Reason for this is that you are covered entirely, but move a half foot in either direction and you have a perfect shooting stance. Super easy to snap shoot this way.

A lot of people seem to get very intimidated by the narrow top of a dorito bunker, so in turn they play really low.
Posted Image

This works OK, you just have to move a LOT to snap out.

Hope that helps! :)

Yeah, I've only played the smaller doritos where my 6'6" frame can get pinched out quite easily. I'm looking forward to playing one of the bigger ones.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

do this

Edited by Toat, 29 March 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#6 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I haven't found a Dorito that big either, it was just the only photo I found demonstrating the position.

#7 vilesyntax

vilesyntax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Suppress your opponent and get to D2 first :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users