#1 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ey everyone,

My names Ricardo and I am from the Netherlands and well I am starting out with paintball. So far I have played only 1 match on the field as a try out to see if it was something for me and well it stuck.
This all happened after I found out my American Girlfriend liked paintball haha. Well after some debating I purchased the a Beginner set from a store up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. (The exchange rate made it very cheap lol). This was the Tippmann Gryphon and I fired a couple rounds with her in her backyard using Co2 and I was surprised how well this gun is actually made.

So now I am back home again, been so for 2 months already again but okay, and I figured it was time to do something with this paintball stuff in my own area. Well I could not bring the Co2 bottles with me in the airplane so I left them up there with the misses. So I have been looking into some tanks.

Now considering that the field near here is only open on monday evening as a member and once a month for the general public to just walk in, all other days are for parties and so on, this leaves me with maybe 2 at most 3 nights I would be able to play eacch month. Sometimes less due to my work. I am also trying to Migrate to the USA so that plays a factor too on the wallet mostly.

Now I was wondering if it is Better to Purchase a standard preset 48/3000 psi 0.8L steel bottle and then later on purchase a 68/4500 Carbon Bottle considering I won't be playing every week or 2 days a week?

On a different note, does anyone have any experience with the standard masks you get with the starter packages of Tippmann guns? Or would it be better to leave it alone and go with one of the masks the budget baller video from techpb showed?

and Last but not least I guess, I have been thinking of purchasing a Empire Halo Too loader for the gryphon with a Tippmann 98 Proto 14 inch Barrel. Would this be a decent choice to start out with?

Anyway, thanks for listening/reading.

Ricardo

#2 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I would get a steel tank. If you're not playing very often, there's no need to pay a ton of money. Also, the mask you get with the kit is pretty trashy. Definitely get a good mask such as the empire e-vents, v-force grillz, or dye i4s.

The hopper is good, but not really necessary for a tippmann.

#3 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I would get a steel tank. If you're not playing very often, there's no need to pay a ton of money. Also, the mask you get with the kit is pretty trashy. Definitely get a good mask such as the empire e-vents, v-force grillz, or dye i4s.

The hopper is good, but not really necessary for a tippmann.

*Ahem* *Ahem*

Alright empire, Steel tank is alright, but you get what you pay for a carbon tank will literally last a life time. All you have to do is re-hyrdo it every 5 years.

As to the the hopper, if your ever planning to play more paintball or get a better marker, get a better hopper. Again not neccesary for a tippmann, but a good investment.

The masks above are great ones (dont forget the Sly Profit's Empire), each has it's pro's and cons however and if you want i can expand that for you and give you the wrap up of what I know. Mike's video is a amazing guide and i suggest you listen to that.

Make sure, positive, you get a good mask. The ones you get from any tippmann package are almost guaranteed not to be good. Also, try looking into buying used, you'll save tons of money and get alot of bang for your buck.

P.S, The reason a mask is so important is because it not only protects the most important part of your body, but also allows it to function best and see everything without fog.

Edited by MMMerc, 02 April 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#4 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

A tip for you, see if your local field rents out 48/3k's save up for the 68/45 and just rent your own air-tank in the meantime, that's what i did.

#5 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well I definitely plan on buying a better marker eventually hence the reason im really upgrading the loader and other parts. I just bought the Gryphn because it looked nice and I find it handling pretty well. Another reason is I don't like the Tippmann 98 custom models and the A5 and X7 are illegal weapons here in the Netherlands.

I think I might indeed just save up for a better Tank and try and see if I can rent one for the time being. I'll have to look into the Masks I guess, not every type seems to be available in Dutch stores. For someone that is 6 feet 3" what brand would you truly recommend as from the video I gathered that some seem to fit small.

Edited by Syrellaris, 02 April 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Honestly, masks are 100% personal preference. Try to go to a store and try masks on, and see what fits the best, and buy it regardless of price tag.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#7 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

[quote name='Syrellaris' timestamp='1333385617' post='2844013']
Tippmann 98 custom models and the A5 and X7 are illegal weapons here in the Netherlands.

Ummm...Then i cant see any other milsim marker working then.

the quote is not working :angry:

Edited by Red Infinity, 02 April 2012 - 12:59 PM.

RAWR?

#8 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Tippmann 98 custom models and the A5 and X7 are illegal weapons here in the Netherlands.

Ummm...Then i cant see any other milsim marker working then.

the quote is not working :angry:

Yeah shamefully everything like airsoft or markers for paintball that look like actual guns fall under Catagory 1 of the guns and ammunition law here.
With the exception of the Tippmann 98 Custom, but its upgradeable kits that make it look like say the Avtomat Kalasjnikova obraztsa 1947 goda (ak-47) are allowed to be sold but not put on your marker lol.

Altough any other marker and so on is fine.

#9 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

just buy a used super gun, like a marq 6 or something then.

Oh on the masks as well The JT brands are great for bigger heads, the higher end one i believe is the JT-spectra or proflex's here:

http://www.ansgear.c...Mask_s/1494.htm

#10 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yeah I decided to pick up a JT Spectra 8 Blue mask then later on maybe next month pick up a Halo too loader and just play for now with the standard gryphon hopper.
Figured if I am going to do it right, I better put some extra cash down for a good mask :)

#11 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yeah I decided to pick up a JT Spectra 8 Blue mask then later on maybe next month pick up a Halo too loader and just play for now with the standard gryphon hopper.
Figured if I am going to do it right, I better put some extra cash down for a good mask :)

nice. tell us how you like the mask! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users