• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Joao

Joao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I don't know which marker to choose between those 3, I'm using them for speedball, so yeah help me please, support your pick with facts please

#2 coop022

coop022

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'd go with the one that feels best in my hands. But I wouldn't get a G4 even if it felt good in my hands lul.

#3 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Agreed anything but G4... Ion>G4...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#4 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ion>

ouch! now that's an insult

#5 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

honestly, the extcy is the best of those IMO. I owned one, shot great, felt great, and I loved it. You can't go wrong with it.
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

honestly, the extcy is the best of those IMO. I owned one, shot great, felt great, and I loved it. You can't go wrong with it.

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

GOG Extcy

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

GOG Extcy

#9 MaidenArmy

MaidenArmy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

mini is the better gun of the three but for the price the xtc is the best choice

#10 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Ion>

Have you ever used an ion :dodgy:
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#11 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

excty is the best gun out of the 3, and the cheapest

#12 azballer002

azballer002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

i have trying the mini and the g4 i can say for sure at least for me a 5'1" player mini felt much better looks nicer too B)

#13 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

eXTCy All the way. My friend got one for christmas and it's a fantastic marker. Shoots great. Shoots smooth, it's quiet.

Only issue me and him have found is that it leaks a tiny bit from the ASA if you don't screw it in enough, and the battery doesn't have much power when it starts getting in the yellow, so make sure you have extra batteries, and you ALWAYS screw the ASA in enough.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#14 Goop

Goop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

mini imo i own one and is a good gun =)

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well if you are gonna play snake alot the mini is god send. but other than that I will have to agree. EXTECY
109.gif

#16 Legit Paintballa

Legit Paintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Mini is better if it fits your hands IMO.

#17 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

of those three I'd go with a mini. I'd get a used ion xe and use the rest of the money to upgrade my setup

#18 erpig

erpig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Extcy for sure, I bought a Mini and I really wish I got an extcy instead. Cheaper, better looking IMO, shoots pretty fast, and already has some good upgrades.

Edited by erpig, 22 June 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#19 Collby

Collby

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

extcy

#20 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Ion>

What can I say I go for the jugular... also my Ion worked unlike any G4 I have ever touched...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#21 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Extcy is the best for the price. My personal favorite is the Mini though.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#22 Legit Paintballa

Legit Paintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

I own a vibe and an invert mini, and i have to say I like the Mini more. It all comes down to what feels good in your hands.

#23 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I just bought G4 and it was in perfect condition out of the box and by that I mean no leaks and no bolt stick. Dangerous Power started taking control of the G4 line. G4 is at par with the mini in my eyes and the extcy cant compare, the on/off sucks you basically strip your fingers when you try to tighten it and the cd manual is terrible the trigger is ok and the feedneck sucks. My friend couldn't fit his pinokio in it and trust me I owned a extcy for a couple days and played with it.I don't know why people always rip on the G4 its a pretty good marker and if you don't believe me that I actually own one, my youtube channel is ccseancc.

Edited by ccseancc143, 01 July 2012 - 08:18 AM.

It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#24 GimplyXgamer

GimplyXgamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Go with the eXTCy, i bought one recently and my friend had bought a G4. We traded guns and the only thing he liked more about his gun was the trigger. I have had no problems in the 4-5 months of owning one except the asa is a little picky, other than that it is perfect.

#25 GimplyXgamer

GimplyXgamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I just bought G4 and it was in perfect condition out of the box and by that I mean no leaks and no bolt stick. Dangerous Power started taking control of the G4 line. G4 is at par with the mini in my eyes and the extcy cant compare, the on/off sucks you basically strip your fingers when you try to tighten it and the cd manual is terrible the trigger is ok and the feedneck sucks. My friend couldn't fit his pinokio in it and trust me I owned a extcy for a couple days and played with it.I don't know why people always rip on the G4 its a pretty good marker and if you don't believe me that I actually own one, my youtube channel is ccseancc.

I agree with what you say about the G4, people rip on it too much. It is a very good gun buy a lot of people have problems with it. But the eXTCy is also a very good gun. The asa is fine it just takes a little while to get used to. The feedneck is perfectly fine. Also the eXTcy is a little quietter than the g4 but i dont know which is more efficient. Im going to continue to say get the eXTCy but the G4 isnt a bad choice.

#26 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

mini imo i own one and is a good gun =)

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#27 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

I agree with what you say about the G4, people rip on it too much. It is a very good gun buy a lot of people have problems with it. But the eXTCy is also a very good gun. The asa is fine it just takes a little while to get used to. The feedneck is perfectly fine. Also the eXTcy is a little quietter than the g4 but i dont know which is more efficient. Im going to continue to say get the eXTCy but the G4 isnt a bad choice.

well your entilted to your opinion and so am I thats what makes america great. MURICA!!
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#28 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

I would not chose any of these really to be honest. If you could find one cheap on BST I say buy it but I would say look into a Vice

#29 iStansbury77

iStansbury77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Defitently eXTCy, the G4 looks nice but theres gonna be an air leak and thats no fun. and the bolt always sticks.
and spend a little extra to get the eXTCy with the bllackheart board. (So worth it.) Watch the TechPB Review on both to decide!
:D :D Hope I helped
Please Check out my YouTube profile, I greatly appretiate views on my PB video that are 1080p
www.youtube.com/rkfilms365
No Really My vids are Sexy

#30 paintball_is_a_passion

paintball_is_a_passion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

the extcy is the best by far but i would also consider the pmr 11.
tucker t

#31 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

extecy is a good marker and is yard better then a g4! Go with the extecy!
109.gif

#32 stuff21397

stuff21397

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

The G4 isn't bad it uses the same bolt design used by Eclipse and by DLX and the Droid and Clone use the same bolt design. Honestly i bet five people in this thred have shot the G4. With the guns stock the mini definitely wins. The extacy and the rail and the ion all have 30-40 milisecs of dwell which is absolutely insane your gun won't be able to shoot that fast. I had a proto rail and i was only able to make it shoot at 15 bps it sounds cool but is insanely slow. The new proto and GOG guns are also all ions so the fact a mini and G4 are being compared to the ion is not a smart thing to say. The mini and G4 all have 10-12 millisecs of dwell (most high end guns do too). If you upgrade the g4 (there also are not that many bolt upgrades for the mini) then its shot is very similar to that of the mini but it feels different (its hard to explain the shot of a gun), mini is definitely the winner

Edited by stuff21397, 02 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#33 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

All of that G4 hate...the G4 is a great marker once you give it an overhaul. Which is new macroline and fittings(maybe $10 on ANS) and some nice lube and it shoots great! Dont believe me check out my channel I have a shooting video of it.

Bottom line: the G4 always has, and always will, get hate because people dont know how to maintain or fix a marker. If its a first gun i would avoid but if you're upgrading from something else like 98c i say go for it. Great marker, period.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#34 tatersinmytummy

tatersinmytummy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

out of those three, the mini. but might I also put in the rail? i like mine.

#35 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

i like my G4 over the extcy(uped ion) any day of the week. what you need to do is shoot all 3 if you can to see which best fits you!!

All of that G4 hate...the G4 is a great marker once you give it an overhaul. Which is new macroline and fittings(maybe $10 on ANS) and some nice lube and it shoots great! Dont believe me check out my channel I have a shooting video of it.

Bottom line: the G4 always has, and always will, get hate because people dont know how to maintain or fix a marker. If its a first gun i would avoid but if you're upgrading from something else like 98c i say go for it. Great marker, period.

very well said
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#36 thepbnoob

thepbnoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Id go for a mini in my opinion because you dont have to worry about macro lines and it is very easy to change modes but dont get me wrong i like all these guns any one of them is a good choice.
Current Setup: Invert Mini Blue and Green special edition, empire halo reloader b and ninja 48/3000 tank

#37 MR_Rick

MR_Rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I got my wife a G4. I got it brand new in December. Out of the box and 4 cases later, not a leak, stick or non of those other "problems" that it is being said around about them. I did wiped it down clean and re-lube it as soon as I got it. My kids love it as they are light, nimble and easy to maintain. My kids (13 and 11 years old) do their own maintenance on it. My daughter has an Ion and she has out performed it. She was looking for an upgrade and we were between her own G4 or a Mini. After a lot of research and recommendation, I didn't like the Mini because it has a smaller trigger guard than the G4 and I got highly recommended to upgrade the trigger and the bolt... something not suitable for a gun that cost more than the G4 and needs upgrades. The G4 out of the box worked great. It has great features and my daughter can keep up with the local team which uses Ego's and Eteks.

Edited by MR_Rick, 16 January 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#38 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

i would how many people on here have owen a G4 compair to a ion and mini. i have owen both ion and G4. the G4 out runs the other 2 guns..
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#39 Geobala

Geobala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have owned and ion and a G4. I never had any problems with either, both shoot great. the ion just breaking it down to service it was a bit of a pain. My G4 never had any real serious issues like bolt stick. I did have the asa shred orings constantly until I got the ones directly from DP, the smaller O rings are more dense and that fixed the problem, but other then that no issues. One other issue I had and this was with both the ion and the G4 is having to wiggle the macroline at first to get any leaks to stop when I first start playing. I currently use a valken proton which I think should also be in the discussion and it is also a solid marker and a little longer then the mini with no macro.

#40 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I would get an extcy if I were you they're pretty nice

Edited by tot810, 17 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#41 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Or You can get a vibe for less that will perform as good as any new extcy cough cough SIG cough cough

#42 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Vibes are great, I know I owen one. I think the g4 is the winner here. Btw I sold my g4, I'm wishing I hadn't. I guess I will be buying another one here soon.

#43 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

I actually like Minis. If buying used is an option you could always go that route, but if you are dead set on these 3 then Mini all day.

#44 Gary Preciado

Gary Preciado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Mini IMO

#45 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

USED FREAKING AXE!!!!!
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#46 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

USED FREAKING AXE!!!!!

Used axe? $350ish

New Extcy $250. Used Extcy sub-$200.

In this price range, that's a HUGE jump in price.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#47 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

My g4 is fucking perfect. I had an Ion, it was shit, had a v2 mini, needed a new noid after 5 times of play. Had an extcy out of box, the asa wouldnt work, and the reg was shit. My g4 all it needed was new fittings. Done. Or get an e1 with a new clamping feedneck. thats a great gun for $220

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#48 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

extcy or mini! both great guns man

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#49 Budget ballin'

Budget ballin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have an extcy my friend has a mini and honestly I think my extcy is better (don't tell my friend that ;)) I can't give an honey opinion on the g4 but I know the extcy is the cheapest of the three

#50 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have an extcy my friend has a mini and honestly I think my extcy is better (don't tell my friend that ;)) I can't give an honey opinion on the g4 but I know the extcy is the cheapest of the three

That's a great joke. You should become a comedian.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users