• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 oinkpiggy

oinkpiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Are the first strike rounds better than using a flatline?

#2 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Are the first strike rounds better than using a flatline?

First strike are more expensive, but in terms of accuracy and range, far superior

#3 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

First Strike deffinatley, and either way the flat line is kinda outdated especially since the apex is out.

#4 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

First Strike deffinatley, and either way the flat line is kinda outdated especially since the apex is out.

I agree with everyone about the First Strikes (hell, that's all I shoot). But, the APEX doesn't really outdate the flatline. There's one advantage to the flatline- no drop. The Apex tends to deflect balls downward and then they level off and fly flat. The Flatline doesn't do this. It exits the barrel inline with the muzzle and it stays flat.

However, as most here probably know, the Apex is much more flexible (drop shots, hooks, no backspin, etc).

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Flatty or better yet.. an Apex.

you can always shoot out 4-5 rounds at a time. If your going for the "Sniper Theme" then a first strike round will be far superior... but for me in a Scenario/woodsball I use all the suppressive fire I can use... Nothing like getting a pinokio hopper full of paint and laying down hundreds of rounds at a few select bunkers while your teams moves up.. :lol:

#6 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I agree with everyone about the First Strikes (hell, that's all I shoot). But, the APEX doesn't really outdate the flatline. There's one advantage to the flatline- no drop. The Apex tends to deflect balls downward and then they level off and fly flat. The Flatline doesn't do this. It exits the barrel inline with the muzzle and it stays flat.

However, as most here probably know, the Apex is much more flexible (drop shots, hooks, no backspin, etc).

Well when you push it up on max level while it's straight, it will produce a floaty shot, which initially rips out of the barrel almost going straight up for about a foot, then leveling out and floats straight the rest of the way. this is a apex 2. I've seen it go straight (not accurately) to about 100 to 150 feet.

#7 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well when you push it up on max level while it's straight, it will produce a floaty shot, which initially rips out of the barrel almost going straight up for about a foot, then leveling out and floats straight the rest of the way. this is a apex 2. I've seen it go straight (not accurately) to about 100 to 150 feet.

I think you are mistaken. They move in the opposite direction from the ramp when the leave the barrel and then they adjust their trajectory. This is because while the ramp spins them, they are also deflected off of it. The higher the setting, the more they are deflected. If the knob is on top and maximum setting, it will drop by at least a foot before rising back up. I know this from direct personal experience. This makes it a bit of a challenge when shooting from the prone position on level ground as your rounds will hit the ground right in front of you.

Take a look at this video and note how the balls move in the opposite direction from the knob before hooking back.

#8 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

UV Halo is right on this one, the apex deflects the balls down then the ball goes on a flat trajectory. even with it up all the way it goes down and only curves most of the way up

Edited by madsnipes, 05 April 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#9 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

AWW your totally right UV, sorry bro i got it back words, it does shoot a weird ass angle which you have to compensate by lifting your muzzle up. The "Bomb" shot is the shot i was referring to earlier, which curves the shot sharply down.

#10 jps

jps

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

So, you guys that use flatline/apex, do you use it because
  • the ball goes further?
  • trick shot?
  • the comfortable illusion of a flat trajectory (flatline)?
I've never used either, and sorry to say never seen them used, but i read a lot of woodsballplayers are really happy with both, so im curious if it is something i should look into myself when i finally get going with woodsball again.

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've found the Apex to be most useful when you're in the woods, and can't arc your shot because of all the trees, so the flatter trajectory comes in handy.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users