6 replies to this topic

#1 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

So, I have been thinking for a while about how to improve TechPB.

One thing would be possibly "taxing" the BST. We have the safest BST here on TechPB, and the owners of this site spend their hard earned money keeping this site alive for us. Implementing a tax of something around 2 dollars from both partys in a BST transaction per transaction would possibly alleviate some financial troubles present with site owners.

Another idea would help save mike and willie time would be if they had a particular busy couple of months, techpb users could e-mail videos to Mike or Willie using the TechPB style of review/video, and they could go through them and put up a select few they deem TechPB quality.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#2 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

The taxing seems very PBNish that Mike always hated. Ex: Pbn will charge you to put a BNIB gun up for sale.

Edited by Rotozip2, 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#3 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

If you were to tax a BST what would make people want to pay that 2 extra bucks, i think people would be detoured by that and they would just go somewhere else.

As to the second one i think only Willy or Mike can answer that.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 03 April 2012 - 01:11 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

TechPB is TechPB because of the people that run it, do you watch TechPB reviews on guns you have no interest in what so ever? Yes you do. Do you go and watch reviews by people you've never heard of on guns your not interested in? Probably not. Putting up reviews on the TechPB channel that aren't by Mike and Wille probably wouldn't go down so well. Alternatively, a TechPB community channel would be good. Where people send in their videos and they get put up, so there would be a channel that had frequent uploads of good videos.

The tax idea wouldn't get a great deal of profit and would be more hassle than its worth, not no mention how much people would hate it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the idea to help make money for TechPB. but taxing the BST is not something we would endorse. We are about helping the sport and to tax people for BST transaction I do not think really helps.

Thanks for the support and suggestion, but the BST tax idea is a no go.

#6 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

I also disagree with the taxing. First of all it would probably be a hassle for Mike or Willie or Damian or whoever to make sure everyone paid. There are also quite of few people that come here for the bst's mainly and then decide to check out other sections. I first came here to sell an alpha black. If I had to pay $2 I would have probably just gone to pbnation.

#7 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Yeah, I was kind of on the edge about putting up the taxing thing, but I thought I would put it up and see what would happen. Cookys idea of a community TechPB channel would be pretty cool though, if something of that sort was implemented it might do some good, as well as possibly bring in income from adsense revenue (not much, but still).
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users