• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Played with it today, put about 1000 reballs through it, shot like a champ on steroids. Then it starts acting up, fires 1-2 shots @ normal fps then stutters and fires 1-3 meters. Sometimes the bolt just does not want to go forward. The ball just sits there and the bolt stops when it reaches it. Acts the same as if you put your finger in the feedneck and shoot. Dryfires like a champ and the air coming out then feels like normal fps. Orings on the bolt look okay, relubed the entire thing 2-3 times and still the same. Now I just do not know what to do. All suggestions welcome.

#2 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Since you relubed, I assume that you cleaned the thing, especially the bolt itself. My NT was having massive problems due to the bolt getting really dirty, really quick. BPA's reballs are not washed, so you get a lot of shit on it, really fast. Every 500-600 shots, I my NT would get too gunked up, and couldnt shoot.

When I used my Clone there, I was also having multiple problems, but that was because of my .678 barrel. Shooting at 250 with that small of a barrel was too low of a pressure, and was causing shootdown and stuff, but also caused it to jam once it got a little bit dirty. What dwell were you running? I had to bump mine up to 18 to cycle nicely in cold weather at 250fps.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#3 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Might be the cold. Ran at stock. 12ms dwell. Im just baffled by the fact that it would dryfire but just stop when there was a ball in the breach.

#4 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

If the bolt doesnt have the power to move the object, then when the noid flips back over, the bolt goes backwards again. Sounds like there was enough friction that it had JUST enough pressure to move the bolt forward, but not enough to press a ball passed the detents.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#5 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Pretty wierd. I will clean, relube and check the orings again when the marker is at room tempereature. Maybe try a different lube, somthing a bit lighter then milita lube.

It was all problems all night. Clone went down, got out my Angel A1. Shoot great, untill we raked and did not remove the turf from the reball box. A single blade of turf grass is enought to make the angel leak. Shoots paint like a boss, but is defeated by a blade of plastic grass xD

#6 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Also, does this look familiar:

If you are coming for the open day on sunday, I can check it out for you if you like. Been a while since I went through a Clone, but I wouldnt mind taking a swing at it.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#7 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Nice! It pretty much did that xD I had my clone in bits and pieces for about a month, just rebuilt it last night so I could play today. I will get to the bottom of this, love that marker, fist time its taken a dump on me :P

#8 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, the problems that I had on that video, were from the low dwell. I had cleaned it, relubed it, got pissed off and completely rebuilt it with all new o-rings, nothing. Bumped up the dwell, and I was golden.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#9 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Im thinking 14-15 should do it. People are telling me that the clone ( lol, browser autocorrected clone to colon ) will screw you over when the temperature gets below 7-8 celsius.

#10 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yep. The pressures are just too low. And reball REALLY screws you, because it is at 250fps. I promise you, if you were shooting 300 with paint, this wouldnt have been an issue.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#11 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Im starting to hate spoolies now... A popit would never have problems like this :P

#12 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

A spoolie with an LPR wouldnt have had the issue, either. :P
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#13 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Well. 15ms dwell and 5ms anti bolt stick did nothing. Rebuild city, here I come.

#14 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

I had to be at 18 dwell. I would try out the 18, just to see.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#15 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

had to go to 20 to fix it, there goes my efficency out the window. but at least it works. thanks for the help :-) btw, what is your stance on dye? saw you mention it in your comments on the clone, but ive got no clue what it is :-p

Edited by Worldeater, 05 April 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#16 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Not good, lol. Nah, lately Dye has fixed up some of their stuff that bothered me, but I will never own another NT, no matter what, and I dont see myself going with another DM either. The DM I might budge on, depending on the situation, because they have a good amount of redeeming features. But after my DM8, I swore off DMs, lol.

Edited by Latsabb, 06 April 2012 - 03:35 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#17 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Im sorry if im turing thins in to a discussion thread, but im enjoying it too much :) I agree on the NT, it was a bad move by Dye. Ive only owned the midrange markers (Proto Matrix Rail etc) and they where okay-ish. Im abit torn on the DM issue because my entire team are shooting DMs now, and the custom PBGear DM12s look pretty sweet ( Even if the anno turned out the be more purple then black ) But ive got SO MANY MARKERS NOW! xD Dont know if I can justify the investment when ive got 3-4 markers that shoot just as good. Allso, when the season is ending the DM will be worth jack. The market is flooded with high end DMs now. You can expect it to be worth less then half of what you paid in under 10 months.

#18 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Yeah, pretty much. Plus the PBGear one is 10,000 kroner, although I am sure yours is discounted. The DM12 is a good choice, as far as Dye guns go, though. It doesnt have the shitty trigger, and it has the NT ergonomics, unlike the DM10's or earlier. Plus you can now remove the bolt without tools, although you still need an o-ring pick to remove the bolt tip o-ring to fully disassemble the bolt engine.

The things I dont like about the DM all come from the bolt engine, and the LPR. They shoot very well, and I have no complaints about the bulk of the things. My DM8 had problems, and trouble shooting the Fuse bolt is a bitch. However, you have a Clone, which CAN be more troublesome. Under normal circumstances, it wont be an issue. But when you finally do get an issue with the bolt engine, it could be a LOT of things. I spent days on my DM8, before finally handing it over to R-M-I. And it has inner surface o-rings, something which I really dont like, because they are more difficult to lube, hard/impossible to inspect, and a bitch to get in and out of their slot.

I dont like the LPR, because if you want to work on it, you cant just screw it out. You have to remove the frame, so that you can remove the set screw, and then pull out the LPR. And then when you put it back together, there is a chance that it will start to leak through the set screw, so you need to loctite that set screw, and then you end up waiting at least an hour or two before you can gas it up, and see if the problem with the LPR is fixed. So, basically, when the DM is working fine, it is great. As soon as you start to have issues, things go downhill. And trying to fix issues, sometimes creates new issues. (see the set screw for LPR)

However, you have a major advantage, in that it is a team gun. That means more support for you, and Oiva will likely be able to help you out.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#19 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Its has a bit of a discount, but not enough to make me want that one more then any other high end gun. And if I get one I will have to get an oled. I _hate_ counting blinking lights. And the lights have different styles/meanings on each gun, and if you dont have the manual you are pretty much fucked.

The Clone is a love/hate relationship. When it works its pretty much the best shot ive ever felt. But troubleshooting it is a nightmare. A bazillion orings inside and out, and the bolt itself is 6-7 parts. And : MACDEV Y U NO HAVE AN LPR ON A $1250 GUN!

#20 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Yeah, but it operates around 100 PSI, so an LPR, in theory, isnt needed. It would just be nice to adjust the FPS without adjusting the operating pressure.

However, I am 90% sure that DM's have a color code in the grips. Like, you open up the grips (toolless on the DM12) and there is a little color chart in there. If not, you can always make one. Remembering how to do BPS might be a pain, though, since it isnt "1 blink is 1 BPS" it is "one blink is whatever the hell Dye decided was a good plan."
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#21 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thats what im talking about. Blinks are for chumps. But and lcd/oled for those markers are really expencive compared to what you get -_-

And for some reason the grips on the dm12 felt a bit to "squishy". Either that or im too used to man handeling the marker :P

#22 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

They feel softer because the Clone has basically plastic grips with a VERY thin film (I wont even call it a layer, it is a film) of rubber on them, while the DM12 grips are fully rubberized. But is the Dm12 a requirement for the team? I am unsure if it is a Dye sponsorship, or just a PBGear sponsorship. If you can use whatever you like, why not just stick with the Clone?
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#23 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Not really a requirement, there are players on our team that cant afford it, like some of the kids. But having team expertise and parts avalible can be very nice and the fact that its a 1of10 marker might keep the value high enough that it might be a "good" investment. We will have to see. Im too much of a gun whore to let something like this pass xD

#24 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Your Clone has already lost its value, though. (not all, but I mean the "not a brand new gun anymore" value) But I think you should get a poppet. ;) Then you dont need any expertise, lol. And dont listen to Tim. You ask Tim about anything, and he says Ego. You could ask him who he would marry if he could, and he would say Ego.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#25 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

I know, ive know Tim for a very long time. He has shot nothing but Egos since the Ego 6. They are good markers, but I not too fond of them, they make a lof of noise and have significant recoil. Ive owned both and ego9 and an ego10. Got a popit. my G6R, and its a sweet gun, but im letting it go to pay some bills, ive got waaaay to many markers :D My clone lost about 1/3 of its value when the GT came out, plus the market for Macdevs in Norway is slow to nonexistent, so im just going to hold on to it for a trade of something someday.

#26 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yeah, that is a hot G6R. But the G6R isnt the peak of the poppets. The G6R is actually fairly loud. Next time we are at BPA the same day, I will let you try out my Cyborg RX. Or the Alien, if it is still around. The Creed is the quietest stacked tube poppet that I have ever shot, but the Axe is the quietest poppet.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#27 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Ive noticed. Some games I cant really hear my teammates over the the pinging of the rammer. There are upgrades that can reduce the pinging, but not really enough for me to keep it. Ive kept my eye out for a cyborg for about 1.5 years. They allways get snapped up or are in locations that will not ship to europe/norway. Or they are that annoying dark glossy blue that i hate so much :P I wish someone else would think about making a stacktube popit. All the new highends are spoolies -_- The only companies that make "highend" popits now are BL and PE, and im not really fond of either.

Rumor has it that Macdev is making a new RX. If they make a Cyborg GT I will poop my pants :P

#28 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, but they will give it the same trigger, and same grips, and then I will have to write them an angry letter.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#29 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hehe. Well at least they keep Violent Products and Stinger Paintball Designs in business. Im guessing they have thousands of those triggers and grips in stock. They will keep using them for everything for a few more years. Too bad so many companies settle for "good enough".

Btw, check out this thread http://www.macdevmil...&pid=509#pid509 Some good pics of the GT vs the VX. 

Edited by Worldeater, 06 April 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#30 speedballer12

speedballer12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

i had this problem last weekend. 1 battery macdev seems to kill the 9volts. 2 the noid could have lube caked up in it so dry fire 2-3 tanks of air (take out detents so you dont wear them down) 3 relube the whole gun with hater or equal quality dow 33 based if you have sleek i would use it on the reg and manifold(very smal amount of lube on that) bolt hater lube. 3 dryfire some more to clear excess lube and then re crono and dwell at 13 anti bolt stick at 7ish but you can work that down after you get it working again and dwell can go up if needed

Edited by speedballer12, 15 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#31 Worldeater

Worldeater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thanks man, ill look in to it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users