7 replies to this topic

#1 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hey guys, I was just wondering why we, the users of techpb, don't have the ability to edit our titles. On pbn and mcb you can edit titles, is it just that techpb uses a different website layout thing? Or do you guys think it would be abused? What if it was an extra bonus for pc members?

Also, another idea for pc memebers is maybe the ability to lock their own bst threads? May cut down on the amount of reports asking for a thread to be closed.

I don't really seeing either of these privileges being abused if they are given to pc members with strict rules.

Idk, just tossing out a few ideas that have been on my mind recently.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

The title thing mostly because our BST would end up looking like PBN's BST.

Ex:
►►►► super hottest gun on Techpb yo! check it ◄◄◄◄

Edited by andrewthewookie, 05 April 2012 - 11:14 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

The title thing mostly because all the titles would look like this:

►►►► super hottest gun on Techpb yo! check it ◄◄◄◄

What if more rules against that were implemented? I know there have been times where I've had a gearbag sale that I've wanted to update the title on, or make a spelling error or something, but don't really feel like it's worth bothering you guys. But I agree I don't want all the titles to be misleading and a strain on the eyes like pbnation.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

If you have to justify it with even more rules, it's not going to happen. It's already hard enough to deal with the BST as it is, we don't need more rules and more opportunities for people to screw around.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

If you have to justify it with even more rules, it's not going to happen. It's already hard enough to deal with the BST as it is, we don't need more rules and more opportunities for people to screw around.

Good point, instead of lightening the work load it would probably add on to it :lol: What about the ability to close threads? Maybe make it a pc perk?

#6 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

then people could make troll threads and just close them... would not be a good idea... if you need a thread closed, just report it and a mod will close it...

keep this in mind, there are reasons why users can only edit the content of their threads, and not the titles or the ability to close/delete said thread... the site works fine the way it is...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#7 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

then people could make troll threads and just close them... would not be a good idea... if you need a thread closed, just report it and a mod will close it...

keep this in mind, there are reasons why users can only edit the content of their threads, and not the titles or the ability to close/delete said thread... the site works fine the way it is...

I guess I somewhat disagree with the troll thing, like limit it to bst's only and pc. Idk, probably end up being more work for the mods, which is the exact opposite of my goals for my ideas. Thanks for all the answers :tup:

#8 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

You seem to think that you can just think up an idea and we can do it. Its all a matter of the software we have for the forum and the work Slinky has to do to make access to these sorts of things. We've been doing it this way for almost 5 years and its been fine

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users