9 replies to this topic

#1 MaxDuell

MaxDuell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey everyone,

So I think this was sort of addressed in an earlier thread, but I'm wondering if there will be a secure place to leave spare gear, parts, and paint at the event.

I know most people are trustworthy and everyone is there to have a good time, but I can't help imagining some poor fool running out of paint early and dipping into someone else's stash.

Keep in mind, this will be my first big scenario event so maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

#2 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

YOu can keep it stashed with the TechPB crowd, it shouldn't get messed with. Keep all spare gear in the car though, and limit your chances of having something stolen. I am only going to be breaking out one of my set ups at a time, except for the Opening Charge.

If you are really concerned, get a bag with a cable lock port, run it through your guns trigger frames, and then back out around the bag and then attach to something heavy (picnic table, street sign, etc.), you'll be fine.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#3 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

I myself will put a few squirrels with rabies in my gearbag. Nobody will fuck with your shit with those in there ;)

But in all seriousness lock up everything you don't need to take on the field, or don't mind being "misplaced." Lock your markers in your car, as well as other valuables.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#4 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hey everyone,

So I think this was sort of addressed in an earlier thread, but I'm wondering if there will be a secure place to leave spare gear, parts, and paint at the event.

I know most people are trustworthy and everyone is there to have a good time, but I can't help imagining some poor fool running out of paint early and dipping into someone else's stash.

Keep in mind, this will be my first big scenario event so maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

No, you're definitely not overthinking it. Don't rely on 'the crowd' to secure your stuff. The crowd won't be able to tell who's stuff is who's.

That being said, think of locks as a deterrent. For example, a lock on a tent's zippers may not really mean much in terms of physical security but, someone bypassing that security has a pretty good chance of drawing attention from any bystanders. The same concept can be applied to gear bags however, since they are portable, you may want to secure the bag to something that isn't (i.e. with a bike lock) or, another bag. Luggage locks can be found for cheap at places like target.

#5 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

locks only stop honest people. the only way to stop theft is to have everything you dont want stolen on you. if a thief wants it, they will get it. cars, locks, hotel room locks mean nothing to these people. dont assume everyone is going to have a good time and just play. there are people there to ruins someones day and steal their 1 of 1 ccm and what not. best suggestion would be lock up everything by the techpb set up area. someone at the techpb staging area will notice if someone is trying to get something locked and they do not have the required items to unlock it (key, combination, etc.).

#6 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

There are lockable lockers near the main building and paint trailer that you can lock up items and they can't walk away from you.

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

locks only stop honest people. the only way to stop theft is to have everything you dont want stolen on you. if a thief wants it, they will get it. cars, locks, hotel room locks mean nothing to these people. dont assume everyone is going to have a good time and just play. there are people there to ruins someones day and steal their 1 of 1 ccm and what not. best suggestion would be lock up everything by the techpb set up area. someone at the techpb staging area will notice if someone is trying to get something locked and they do not have the required items to unlock it (key, combination, etc.).

While locks may stop only honest people, locks take time/equipment to undo, and that time/equipment will be noticed by someone else, so if you lock it up, the criminals will most likely not mess with it, because they know they're surrounded by a few hundred people at any given time, and those people will notice someone trying to steal shit.

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

It looks awful shady when you are fiddling with a lock, especially if you hang around with the same group of people all weekend, and suddenly someone else is going through your gearbag. Just be smart about it. Keep your valuables locked and hidden away as best as you can and take the risk.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#9 MaxDuell

MaxDuell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.

#10 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

If you have alot of gear (like I do) or plan on having a buddy or two with you at the event. Look into a rolling tote. Most hardware stores have them and they have locks or have a means to add one. When my team shares one we use a combo lock on it so we dont have to wait for the teammate with the key to show up.

Kevin
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users