• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BillyBobJoeJack

BillyBobJoeJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I live in West Virginia, and I play recreation/woodsball about every other week spring-summer and maybe once every three weeks through fall. I don't play often at all, and I almost exclusively play in warm/fair weather (spring-mid fall). I'm on a tight budget so naturally I want to get the Armor because it's cheaper (half the price of the Pro Vantage by half - $18). But would upgrading to the PV be worth the extra $15-$20? Is the PV's anti-fog coated lens any better? Will it last longer? Is it more breathable? Is it more comfortable? Let's say I do get the Armor, how could I make it last longer and/or make the anti-fog lense as good or better? I'm a complete newbie and I want to save as much money as possible. And maybe some tips on maintaining a mask please. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

#2 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I live in West Virginia, and I play recreation/woodsball about every other week spring-summer and maybe once every three weeks through fall. I don't play often at all, and I almost exclusively play in warm/fair weather (spring-mid fall). I'm on a tight budget so naturally I want to get the Armor because it's cheaper (half the price of the Pro Vantage by half - $18). But would upgrading to the PV be worth the extra $15-$20? Is the PV's anti-fog coated lens any better? Will it last longer? Is it more breathable? Is it more comfortable? Let's say I do get the Armor, how could I make it last longer and/or make the anti-fog lense as good or better? I'm a complete newbie and I want to save as much money as possible. And maybe some tips on maintaining a mask please. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

the armor and the vantage have the same lenses, so it's your personal choice as to which mask you think looks/feels better.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Armor is a horrible mask (which is to be expected at the price point). I would suggest picking up a pair of Profilers, the comfort and a safety is worth the extra cash, and they are better at resisting fogging.

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

The V-Force grills are a great mask for only $80-90 compared to the other masks of similar quality
Don't cheap out on eye pro man.

I tried Grills on at my proshop, didn't exactly like the tight feel of it because of my fatter face, but everything else felt really good about it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users