I get to the field today, I get dressed, put everything together, fill pods, get air bla bla bla and head out to the field only to have the worst hour of paintball in my life
A) My first 7 shots went left. When I say left I mean left!!! The guy I was shooting at was about 50-60 feet away, a real easy shot, and I missed him by 10-15 feet to the left.
1. Might have a waxy coating on the inside from being bran new???
2. Maybe there is some dirt or some fuss is it???
3. Could have some oil in it???
4. Bad paint???
So I ran a bran new barrel swab through the barrel about 20 times and went back to shooting.......
Not only did it get worse but I also had a few more crazy ball flights.
B) Cork screw
C) Knuckle ball, the ball just fluttered back and forth.
D) and a sinker. Went out about 80 feet and did nose dive.
I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!!! Even had a few guys say " D whats wrong with you today, you off your game?" and "What the FU@k are you shooting at?" and "Your ball flight looks weird"
So I went back to my gearbag, took off the freak barrel, took out the insert and put it my Deadly Winds barrel and went back to play and started gogging fokes
It was a night and day difference.
After a day of play I still had that barrel on my mind. So I grabbed a buddies BL Vice to see if it did the same thing on his marker. and..... it did. Single shot, semi and ramping, all the same thing ALL OVER THE PLACE. I put about 6 pods through it to see if it needed to break in and again nothing. I wish I had it on video so you could understand how bad it was
I have never had this issue with any barrel that I have owned. I was 30 seconds from throwing this 90 dollar piece of shit in a lake next to the field
So my question for anyone who read this is
1. can it be fixed
2. does it need break in time
3. will polishing the inside help
4. could it be a defect
5. should I throw it in the lake
UPDATE 4-8-12 8:03
So to follow some of the suggestions mentioned below All shots were at about 65 feet at an old mask I hung on the fence.
* I started with the same dust black Freak back and the stormtrooper Freak front and the same field paint I used yesterday (Wrek Elite) shot 10 shots and like befor they were all over the place. One even hit a neighbors house
* I shot 10 more using a different paint (DXS) like andrewthewookie suggested, and I got the same results. so its not the paint
* Next I tried the different backs with the stormtrooper front and different paint like andrewthewookie and TK-421said...... and still all over the place!!!! possibly the front? (Antonious)
*then I tried 2 different fronts with the dust black back and the 2 different paints....... they all shot great, so its not the back
* Then I tried warm soapy water and a barrel swab on the stromtrooper front like IhasAcallular suggested, and it shot a little better (4 out of 10 hit with each kind of paint)
*Next I said FUCK IT, and broke out some polish, hacked up 2 barrel swabs and got a drill. Polished the tip for about 15 minutes
Went back outside to shoot and out of 20 shots with both kinds of paint i only missed twice
So something, like Andrew and Cellular said, there was something on the inside of the barrel that I couldn't see
THANK YOU guys for helping find my problem and fixing it.
the process of elimination really helped
Edited by PFD247, 08 April 2012 - 08:04 PM.