20 replies to this topic

#1 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Often, people will take pictures of their stuff, and then say that it comes with different parts. I think Cooky says it best:

Something that really puts me off getting an old gun is when either the seller has decimated it with "upgrades" or the seller owns upgraded parts of the gun which would otherwise be shit, pictures them and doesn't include them.

E.g. 1.

Spoiler

Looks pretty good, no? Sexy milling, clean, undamaged, colours match, nice grips...

He then says, that the grips aren't included and the ASA pictured is broken and it comes with a different one public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Well... you could have just, you know... took pictures of it with the stuff it comes with.

I think we should have a new rule, saying that what the gun come with, must be in a picture.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#2 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

On a separate note, does anyone still offer 3rd party services?

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yup.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#4 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Who? Orange's thread said he doesn't do them any more.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Oh, in that case, no idea. I guess I haven't looked in there in a while.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

It falls under part of Rule 1, but we're not perfect, and we might miss something where the seller takes a proper pic, and then changes what's included without putting up a new picture. So if you see something like that happening, please report it, and a mod will take care of it.

As to third parties, Orange does third parties for Canada. And I've been thinking about starting up a third party service for people in the states, if there's enough demand for it. That way people in the US don't have to ship stuff all the way to Canada for a third party service.

Edited by TK-421, 09 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#7 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Wait... what's included has to be in the picture??

#8 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Nope, you're allowed to try and sell your brand new G3, and post a picture of a pile of dog crap, as long as the picture follows Rule 1. :dodgy:

Edited by TK-421, 09 April 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#9 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

Nope, you're allowed to try and sell your brand new G3, and post a picture of a pile of dog crap, as long as the picture follows Rule 1. :dodgy:

I mean, for instance, the phantom package in my sig. Is it necessary to have all of the extras in the pictures, as long as they're not being sold alone?

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

You already have all the extras in the picture, except the velocity adjustment tool, however, it seems the stock isn't available anymore. So I think you'd need a new picture of your phantom without the stock on it, so people don't get confused by the pictures, and know the stock isn't included.

#11 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

You already have all the extras in the picture, except the velocity adjustment tool, however, it seems the stock isn't available anymore. So I think you'd need a new picture of your phantom without the stock on it, so people don't get confused by the pictures, and know the stock isn't included.

alright, thanks.

#12 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Really? Did I understand this correctly I can list a marker but only show a pic of dog crap and get away with it?........confused?

Rule 1
All ads placed on the BST must have a picture of the product along with a sheet of paper that has your TechPB name, the current date as well as TechPB handwritten on it. The condition of all products must also be accurately described as well as up-to-date. Similarly any trade offers being made in an ad must have pictures conforming to this rule, users may not probe for interest in an offer without providing proper pictures as well.

Edited by RealtorTommy, 13 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Really? Did I understand this correctly I can list a marker but only show a pic of dog crap and get away with it?........confused?

Rule 1
All ads placed on the BST must have a picture of the product along with a sheet of paper that has your TechPB name, the current date as well as TechPB handwritten on it. The condition of all products must also be accurately described as well as up-to-date. Similarly any trade offers being made in an ad must have pictures conforming to this rule, users may not probe for interest in an offer without providing proper pictures as well.

In that case, the dodgy means sarcasm. Meaning that yes, the stuff included in the sale needs to be in the picture that has the piece of paper that follows Rule 1.

#14 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Thanks couldn't see that on the phone...I was going to sell some dog shit and put a marker in the pic instead......Oh well

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Thanks couldn't see that on the phone...I was going to sell some dog shit and put a marker in the pic instead......Oh well

lol.

I usually do my best to picture my stuff, I apply the "treat others how you want to be treated" saying online too. I picture all my stuff, because if i don't I feel bad. If only all people would do this. (it usually ups your chance for a sell)

#16 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Retired Staff-exploiting rules since they don't have to enforce them

:)
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#17 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I might've let you get away with that too, just for the shits and giggles. :lol:

#18 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Retired Staff-exploiting rules since they don't have to enforce them

:)

Don't taze me bro! Posted Image

#19 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Rule 1
All ads placed on the BST must have a picture of the product along with a sheet of paper that has your TechPB name, the current date as well as TechPB handwritten on it. The condition of all products must also be accurately described as well as up-to-date. Similarly any trade offers being made in an ad must have pictures conforming to this rule, users may not probe for interest in an offer without providing proper pictures as well. Pictures must include all or a Majority of the listed product.

?

I kinda get fussy about people who take photo's then list off 3-4 items which have no relevance to the photo, If its 1 or 2 items. Ehh depends on how big of a change. If your talking about "Comes with Stock trigger instead of Violent trigger as pictured" Then AT LEAST put the stock trigger beside the marker in the photo so we can see it.

Edited by Eskimo, 16 April 2012 - 08:45 AM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#20 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Glad I'm not working this BST detail anymore....but IMO if you write in in the sales thread...back it up with pics.....

#21 paintball king62

paintball king62

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

lmfaoooooo :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users