• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3476 replies to this topic

#3201 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Anyone planning on doing the tet offensive up in chino this year? And what should I prioritize: bolt or oled board?

#3202 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Anyone heading up to HB on saturday?

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#3203 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I wish I could. Tell me how the Boob Lung Insight shoots though.

Also TCP has this glow in the dark thing going on, seems cool.

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 09 April 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#3204 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Debating on if I want to go up there or not, and if I do, whether or not I want to go Saturday or Sunday.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#3205 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Anyone planning on doing the tet offensive up in chino this year? And what should I prioritize: bolt or oled board?

Should try and do what has been done in the past few years and have a TechPB Kill Squad for both Tet and Decay. I know that for Decay there is special group pricing for teams of eight and more players. They may offer the same thing for Tet.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

Proud owner and sponsored by: Pinokio Hoppers
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com

#3206 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Anyone heading up to HB on saturday?

Naw.. Sunday.

#3207 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm down for Tet Offensive, for sure. Will be my last "big game" I'll be able to attend in SoCal, at least while I'm here now haha.

#3208 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Anybody gunna be at NPPL HB?

Shit it was already asked.

Well I'ma go Sunday !

#3209 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Should try and do what has been done in the past few years and have a TechPB Kill Squad for both Tet and Decay. I know that for Decay there is special group pricing for teams of eight and more players. They may offer the same thing for Tet.

If be interested in that. If probably bring along at least 3 buddies. And then who knows who from here would go. Tet is way smaller right?

#3210 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I could find some people to roll up there for it.

#3211 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm down for Tet Offensive, for sure. Will be my last "big game" I'll be able to attend in SoCal, at least while I'm here now haha.

Heck if you can, come to the Big Game at JI also! No frills, just at times a simple capture the flag with instant re-insertions!

If be interested in that. If probably bring along at least 3 buddies. And then who knows who from here would go. Tet is way smaller right?

yes Tet is way smaller because everyone wants to go to Decay. However, sometimes a smaller event (smaller meaning a smaller group of players) is actually more fun than an event with a large amount of players like Decay. You will see more big names from the paintball world, especially legends like Bob Long and Bud Orr and even tourny players from Ironmen and Dynasty at Decay. Last year's Decay was promoted hard on the other paintball forum that I shall not name here Posted Image

Give me some time and I'll see if there is a group discount for Tet as well.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3212 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Score.

Another idea I was thinking is that if we can get our hands on one of those reflective PT vests, we can have the Ref hold on to it and as soon as someone is taken out they can put it on, take the camera from one of the refs, and get in on the action by taking pictures. It can be handed off to other players as they are taken out.
Posted Image

#3213 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Heck if you can, come to the Big Game at JI also! No frills, just at times a simple capture the flag with instant re-insertions!

yes Tet is way smaller because everyone wants to go to Decay. However, sometimes a smaller event (smaller meaning a smaller group of players) is actually more fun than an event with a large amount of players like Decay. You will see more big names from the paintball world, especially legends like Bob Long and Bud Orr and even tourny players from Ironmen and Dynasty at Decay. Last year's Decay was promoted hard on the other paintball forum that I shall not name here Posted Image

Decay was definitely insane, what is the average tet turnout?

#3214 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Decay was definitely insane, what is the average tet turnout?

Don't quote me because I wasn't there last year, but I'm guessing about half of what Decay has. Last year was the first year for Tet I believe.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3215 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Don't quote me because I wasn't there last year, but I'm guessing about half of what Decay has. Last year was the first year for Tet I believe.

So around 700 ?

#3216 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

700 is still a good turnout for an event, even if Decay is twice the size lol.

Streak, that's a pretty good idea, and like I said, I'd be down for getting in on the photo taking aciton if I had been taken out.

I am pretty stoked, bought new clips for my Drift Stealths mount, plus two Long Life Batteries, which each last me about 8 hours a piece, and 2 more 32 Gig SD Cards for recording footage. I could pretty much record an entire day of play, three times over lol. I am bringing this all together for going to Living Legends 6. SO STOKED FOR IT! Woo :D.

And Gadget, I would, but I'll be leaving for WI and LL6 like 2 days after that haha, I'll be sending my gear home pretty much right after the C&C game on the 21st, and then I'll be taking all my soft goods, and pods and such back with me on the flight.

Edited by Irish725, 10 April 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#3217 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

good stuff!
Posted Image

#3218 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm actually considering setting up to pros for tet. Since I'm going with a group, If we could all get our hands on one, that'd be hard to edit, but beautiful.

#3219 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

So a couple events coming up.

Glow In The Dark Paintball, at TCP. Overpriced IMO, but seems like fun.
Redcoats and Rebels down at Velocity Paintball
Tet Offensive and then Decay of Nations.

Ohboy, better get good grades around this time of year.

#3220 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

So around 700 ?

700 is still a good turnout for an event, even if Decay is twice the size lol.

Streak, that's a pretty good idea, and like I said, I'd be down for getting in on the photo taking aciton if I had been taken out.

I am pretty stoked, bought new clips for my Drift Stealths mount, plus two Long Life Batteries, which each last me about 8 hours a piece, and 2 more 32 Gig SD Cards for recording footage. I could pretty much record an entire day of play, three times over lol. I am bringing this all together for going to Living Legends 6. SO STOKED FOR IT! Woo :D.

And Gadget, I would, but I'll be leaving for WI and LL6 like 2 days after that haha, I'll be sending my gear home pretty much right after the C&C game on the 21st, and then I'll be taking all my soft goods, and pods and such back with me on the flight.

ok, I have chatted with a teammate and he tells me that the numbers were around maybe 200. Yes, I did mention not to quote me on the count lol. However, Giant is making a push for the 2 big scenarios they have this year and maybe Tet will have bigger numbers. Course it's in June and heat is a major factor for a lot of players.

Irish, not a problem. Hopefully they will have more Big Games out at Jungle Island, but not sure til last minute lol

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3221 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Awwww yeah son. Got my Adjustable Tac-Cap, my BT ETACS 2013 pants and some barrel swabs.

Who all is going to HB on Saturday? I think I'm gonna go and get a jersey and get it signed.

#3222 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Ya 200 sounds right from what my friend said. So it'll be a fraction of the size of decay. It'd be cool if they still left the whole field open.

#3223 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Ya 200 sounds right from what my friend said. So it'll be a fraction of the size of decay. It'd be cool if they still left the whole field open.

From what I know they always use all of the lower fields. The walk-ons and private groups will be using the upper fields.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3224 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

From what I know they always use all of the lower fields. The walk-ons and private groups will be using the upper fields.

Upper fields would be the ones not involving the woods right?

#3225 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

that is correct. all the upper fields north of the parking lot, like bosnia, bagdad and kosovo

Normally they would use the lower fields during the day and may use the upper fields for night play

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3226 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

that is correct. all the upper fields north of the parking lot, like bosnia, bagdad and kosovo

Normally they would use the lower fields during the day and may use the upper fields for night play

ya that's how I remember. Seems like a lot for 200, but no complaints. Makes it possible for more strategy

#3227 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

When is Decay Of Nations again?
Posted Image

#3228 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

When is Decay Of Nations again?

September 20-22

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3229 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thank you Senor........I might actually be able to make it!! it doesnt fall on the second weekend of the month which is usually when my Army Drills are.
Are they really that much fun though? For some reason the thought of being pinned against an object while 30 people are shooting around that same object trying to take me out comes to mind....
Posted Image

#3230 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thank you Senor........I might actually be able to make it!! it doesnt fall on the second weekend of the month which is usually when my Army Drills are.
Are they really that much fun though? For some reason the thought of being pinned against an object while 30 people are shooting around that same object trying to take me out comes to mind....

depends on who you talk to! lol

This one is just large scale big game with a smattering of missions thrown in. Giant has tried to incorporate more stuff to get players involved, but it's pretty much a slug fest. at least that what it felt like last year lol

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#3231 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

It gets epic. Huge fields, tanks and helis. It's possible to push the enemy back. It's like endless. Also objectives. I was in a tank crew and we were assigned a case to get behind enemy lines. We were in an armored column, both tanks and a heli filled with mechs, we were ambushed. Only one tank made of of the tanks heli, and 30 men. Should someone set up the killsquad thread.

Edited by chemical co 1020, 11 April 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#3232 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm getting another Vic from Jballer at HB. Anyone else remember him?

#3233 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I guess this thread became old enough to disappear from my "my content" page
Does that mean new thread time?

Anyways I think my next BIG investment will be the J4 Torque.
Shit looks tight yo.

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 12 April 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#3234 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Yes he's my friend.
Jerry Gagne.

Holy shit de ja vu !

Shit looks tight yo.

I'd wait until a new marker like that is out for a couple months.
Look at the vapor. I almost bought one when it came out. Found out its a piece of crap !!!

#3235 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Decided to skip HB, go get drunk with friends and go tubing down a river.

#3236 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yes he's my friend.
Jerry Gagne.

Holy shit de ja vu !

Shit looks tight yo.

Look at the vapor. I almost bought one when it came out. Found out its a piece of crap !!!

Well knowing how poor I am I probably won't be able to buy it until a year after its released.
Posted Image

But this thing is enough sexy for me. I put a new ASA (well old) on it. I like the Red blue thing, should I anno the top half blue?

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 13 April 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#3237 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

O ya need to update.
Favorite Field: Total Combat
Marker: v1 Vic
Mask: Flex
Tank: Ninja 68
Hopper: Pinokio
Jersey: Sleveless Nike hoodie
Pants: Levi's

^^Yes.

Edited by SynystrAssassin, 13 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#3238 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yes he's my friend.
Jerry Gagne.

Holy shit de ja vu !

Shit looks tight yo.

Well knowing how poor I am I probably won't be able to buy it until a year after its released.
Posted Image

But this thing is enough sexy for me. I put a new ASA (well old) on it. I like the Red blue thing, should I anno the top half blue?

Thing is though unless you are happy with your marker, don't spend too much time upgrading it. You sink more money into a marker that won't recoup your spending.

#3239 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Anyone going to Velocity for Redcoats and Rebels tomorrow?

I'll be wearing a paintball mask and will probably have a paintball gun, so I should be easy to spot.

Also, TechDP, I recently replaced my Halo with a Pinokio and my Pro Axis with an Eflex, could you update my member list thing? Thanks.

Edited by Plattypus, 14 April 2013 - 01:58 AM.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#3240 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thing is though unless you are happy with your marker, don't spend too much time upgrading it. You sink more money into a marker that won't recoup your spending.

True.
I do like the quest though, extremely smooth shooting gun.

#3241 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

True.
I do like the quest though, extremely smooth shooting gun.

but do you see yourself using it for an extended period of time?

#3242 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Most likely.
Or getting a Macdev Drone DX.
have you guys ever tried maple syrup with orange soda?
Godly

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 14 April 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#3243 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

My team finally got our jerseys!!

Posted Image

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#3244 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Score bro!

Unrelated, but I can't wait for C&C2 this upcoming Sunday. Oh and my liver hates me now lol.

#3245 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Swagg.

Anyone still interested in GWS? HAha

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 15 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#3246 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

My team finally got our jerseys!!

Posted Image

Reminds me of the Reality Kings logo

Damn I look sexy....

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3247 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

So my Army Reserve unit wants to send me to Drill Sergeant School. Pretty cool deal actually.

E-5 Rank awarded when I arrive at Drill Sergeant School (retained after compleating)
$10,000 bonus (with 6 year re-enlistment)
I get to stay in my current (non deployable) unit
I'll come back in top notch physical condition given that Drill Sergeant School is almost like going through bootcamp all over again.
I can break up the 9 weeks of school into 3 chunks (22 Days) so I can come home after each phase
I get to wear the Drill Sergeant Hat while at my unit.
I get to volunteer for missions throughout the year that involve kids in bootcamp.........
Posted Image

#3248 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sounds like fun man. I am considering going Commissioned Officer in the Army or Air Force once I complete college back in WI.

Also, I got a dope photo of me from the 16th of March, I am super stoked about it lol.

#3249 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Sounds like fun man. I am considering going Commissioned Officer in the Army or Air Force once I complete college back in WI.

Also, I got a dope photo of me from the 16th of March, I am super stoked about it lol.

good stuff. I tried taggin you in that photo then I realized you are not my "Friend" on facebook! What up with that?! lol I cant tag people under BOMAGS
Posted Image

#3250 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Haha well shoot me a friend invite and I'll add you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users