2 replies to this topic

#1 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Alright so I am looking for the best camera I can get for about $180-$200 used. I am getting back into painting after a 2 year hiatus (with a brush, not a gun), but I keep seeing things that I want to capture as I am out and about. I cant always have my painting equipment with me and I dont always have a few hours to sit down in the middle of wherever I am to capture what I see, so I have been pondering getting into photography to allow me to capture the potentially great images I keep seeing, allowing me to blow up the image and paint it if I wanted, and I will finally have something nicer than a cell phone camera for whenever I need one.

So, what are some quality cameras that can be had used that I should keep my eyes out for on ebay and such? I want to keep it under $200, as spare cash is tight right now. I can get a nicer lens and such down the road later, so I am focusing on the camera itself for now. I know nothing about cameras, so I need some guidance on whats good and whats not.

#2 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Porsche, there is no substitute.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,398 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Go on ebay and look for a used DSLR with a 18-55 lens. Should be more than sufficient.

$200 isn't really a lot.

Edited by Nobben #44, 11 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#3 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Go on ebay and look for a used DSLR with a 18-55 lens. Should be more than sufficient.

$200 isn't really a lot.

He said he would pay for $200 for a body.
$200 will get you a nice point and shoot...

Edited by Blade of grass, 11 April 2012 - 04:13 PM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users