• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hedgy22

Hedgy22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

A friend of mine's grandparents own 200+ acres in northern minnesota, and have given him permission to use it as much as he wants. The only use it in the fall during hunting season. He has chosen to make a private paintball field with some of the land. Theres anywhere from 6 to 10 of is in his group of friends that will be using it. I have a chrono and a scuba tank we'll be using, so all those logistics are figured out. I just have two questions: One of my friends wanted to know if it is legal or if we need special wavers or something. Also, we wanted to build some bunkers, but we don't know what material to get. Whats the cheapest material to make bunkers, and how would you do it? We wanted to mix it up a little, rather than just trees and logs and more trees lol. Thanks!

Edited by Hedgy22, 10 April 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#2 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I dont think you need any permits or waivers for bunkers you can use tarps or sheets held taut with ropes works well also pallets and old wood
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#3 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

If you want to bring anybody else in it's best to sign off some sort of injury waiver so you can't be sued,
You can find blow up bunkers for cheap if you look hard enough,

Almost anything can be used as a bunker, for super cheap ones just pick thrown away furniture of the side of the road, makes great cover.

#4 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

I know some cities have ordinances in place that wont allow you to use "air rifles" within city limits. As far as law enforcement goes a paintball marker could easily fall under that category. With 200+ acres it sounds like your outside the limits but you may want to check to be sure. I havent heard of counties with any law/ordinances to the same effect but again doesnt hurt to check.

If these woods are even remotely close to a "public" area (park, preserve etc) Just make sure you mark your playing area to prevent someone from walking thru the middle of your games.

Kevin
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Try to find a place that you can get some good high quality netting. It'll keep the mess down around the land you aren't using for it, and will keep people safe.

I am sure someone around here knows of a place to find netting for cheap :tup:

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 Justus

Justus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

You really want to know what's "legal" in your area? Call a local lawyer and ask. Chances are, they will be able to help you get an appropriate waiver as well. (And, contrary to popular belief, waivers do carry some weight when used correctly - look at the New York case that came down in the past couple years where the paintball field waiver was upheld.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users