• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 lowteck

lowteck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

noticed a very common question in budget forum is "What's the best beginner SpeedBall marker?"

i would like to share with you my experience with the gog envy

bought for my son as his 1st paintball marker

it was purchased stock for 199 about a year ago, but we have installed the following upgrades since

blackheart board & qev (this gives it higher rof and eyes) - 65 for bh and 25 for qev (factory installed by gog)
clamping feedneck - 15 on ebay (installed self)
smart parts 14" inline barrel - 20 online clearance
trinity roller bearing trigger - 26 from trinity online (installed self)

can't say enuf about this marker, it has been dropped in a swamp while playing rec ball, fished out and played the rest of the day with no issues.
it has practically zero kick, and is one of the quietest markers i've ever heard
one of the reasons i keep upgrading it is because it is such a smooth shooter (i have to offer my son to play with my ego or angel so i can shoot it once in a while)

I have l already ordered an inline on/off asa for this beauty, and look forward to completing the upgrade of this great marker with a nice 2pc barrel.

here is a vid of it shooting w/ all of it's current upgrades

thanks mike for the recommendation, and thanks gog for making such an amazing marker at an entry-level price

keep ballin

low

#2 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

the only beginner marker that beats the envy, thats under $350, is the extcy only because it already has a bh and on/off installed. Otherwise, the envy is a great choice for the money.
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#3 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

sigh..."the upgrade mentality"

<_<

#4 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

<_<

Yea i realized this, but I figured that he's already done it all, too late to say anything.
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#5 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

<_<

sigh... the "I put down others choices because I disagree with them" mentality

#6 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

<_<

then you sir are not upgrade-mentality-aware. who said I put anyone down?

Edited by Toat, 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#7 SoFlaBaller15

SoFlaBaller15

SWAG - "Secretly We Are G4y"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

<_<

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lialb12D1e1qdlkgg.gif
5/0/0

#8 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

<_<

Whats wrong with that? People do it to cars all the time, buy a Honda Civic and over time make it better then when they can afford something better scrap it? Nothing wrong with that if its your thing!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#9 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

<_<

Whats wrong with that? People do it to cars all the time, buy a Honda Civic and over time make it better then when they can afford something better scrap it? Nothing wrong with that if its your thing!

well, upgrading a car you see performance gains. unlike a lot of marker upgrades that new players are made to feel like they "need." But hey, I'm not trying to hate, people can spend their money on whatever they want to.

But in general we must combat the upgrade mentality. :excl:

#10 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

<_<

then you sir are not upgrade-mentality-aware. who said I put anyone down?

Well you began your post with "sigh" and ended with <_< . I think it's safe to assume you disagree with the upgrade mentality.

#11 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

<_<

well, upgrading a car you see performance gains. unlike a lot of marker upgrades that new players are made to feel like they "need." But hey, I'm not trying to hate, people can spend their money on whatever they want to.

the thing you fail to understand is that, the upgrades weren't really "upgrades" but mostly convenience except the BH/QEV, everything else is totally optional and personal preference. It's not like the feedneck was bad, so if you want a nicer one, you can, the trigger is personal preference, and the so is the barrel.

When you buy an entry level marker, you don't expect to get everything awesome like in high ends, so relax. if you WANT to upgrade, you can, but they aren't needed.

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

<_<

I mean yea some do nothing but look pretty but boards, trigger and such can alter not on the feel but some performance aspects... So its not really all mods that your against just usless ones that would be better spent buying a better marker?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#13 Chase_Man

Chase_Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

invert mini, js
Sponsored By Paintballgear.ca CPPL/SRPL Team Captain @ Battle Ready http://www.paintball...te/battle-ready

#14 lowteck

lowteck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

hey guys
i agree w/ everyone

its fun to upgrade guns, if you like tinkering w/ your markers
and
if you look at the cost of a marker and all the upgrades, and its cheaper to but a more expensive gun, then why bother?

the point i would like to make with the envy is, i would choose this over an e-1, zenith, blitz, g4 or rail
as a matter of fact, i like the way it shoots so much, i plan on sinking more $ into this marker
i will be installing an inline on/off asa, mini rail and new fittings this weekend (30bucks)
after that i will upgrade the reg
as you can tell ,i really like this marker

and once i'm done upgrading this lovely, i will be happy to let you shoot it for a day vs. your axe, reflex or etha
and then you can tell me i've wasted my money
and i will tell you " you know what bro, if that's your opinion, then, you're right"

keep ballin

low

Edited by lowteck, 12 April 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#15 survivorspbteam

survivorspbteam

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

hey guys<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">i agree w/ everyone<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">its fun to upgrade guns (if your like tinkering w/ your markers)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">
and<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">
if you look at the cost of a marker and all the upgrades, and its cheaper to buy a more expensive gun, then why bother?<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">the point i would like to make with the envy is, i would choose this over an e-1, zenith, g4, mini, blitz or rail<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">as a matter of fact, i like the way it shoots so much, i plan on sinking more $$ into this marker<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">i will be installing an inline on/off asa, mini rail and new fittings this weekend (30bucks)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">after that i will upgrade the reg <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">as you can tell , i just really like this marker (the fact that i like to tinker on guns, just makes it better)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">and once i'm done upgrading this lovely, i will be happy to let you shoot it for a day vs. your axe, reflex or etha

and then you can tell me that i've wasted my time and money

and i will tell you "you know what bro, if that's your opinion, then you're right"<br style="background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">keep ballin<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(241, 244, 247); ">low

holy fucking batmaning wall of code!
i rock a fx fusion

#16 mb 2

mb 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

hey guys
i agree w/ everyone

and
if you look at the cost of a marker and all the upgrades, and its cheaper to but a more expensive gun, then why bother?

the point i would like to make with the envy is, i would choose this over an e-1, zenith, blitz, g4 or rail
as a matter of fact, i like the way it shoots so much, i plan on sinking more $ into this marker
i will be installing an inline on/off asa, mini rail and new fittings this weekend (30bucks)

and once i'm done upgrading this lovely, i will be happy to let you shoot it for a day vs. your axe, reflex or etha
and i will tell you " you know what bro, if that's your opinion, then, you're right"

keep ballin

low

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the reg on the Envy is the same as the one on the Luxe (I think its called the maxflo reg). I'm not hating, just saying you might want to save that money for something else.

Edited by mb 2, 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#17 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the reg on the Envy is the same as the one on the Luxe (I think its called the maxflo reg). I'm not hating, just saying you might want to save that money for something else.

Ya its is the same Reg.

And @LowTeck, how do you like the trinity roller bearing trigger? Worthwhile upgrade?

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#18 lowteck

lowteck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

hey guys
i agree w/ everyone

and

keep ballin

low

yup, i heard that too, but I had the same reg go down on an extcy and had to send it back to gog to fix
if i remember correctly, i think they are designed not to be taken apart (u need some special clamp pliers to take apart?)
gog service hooked me up and repaired the reg quick and paid for shipping

#19 lowteck

lowteck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Ya its is the same Reg.

And @LowTeck, how do you like the trinity roller bearing trigger? Worthwhile upgrade?

awesome upgrade, feels like a new marker

if i have time, im gonna post a vid upgrading it ( pretty easy, couple of tips to make it even ezr )

#20 That ghetto kid

That ghetto kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

Please don't shoot into/near the water.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users