27 replies to this topic

#1 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I stepped out onto the paintball field at Chaos Paintball in Charlotte Michigan. I smelt the smell of paintballs, the smell of my gear from previous times playing, and the foam of my mask. The sun was out and today was a great day. I was at the one place I loved doing the activity I love the most. As I got all of my gear set up and put on my uniform for the day’s play I felt the tension in the air. That sort of nervousness mixed with excitement, as if the players were able to almost smell them in the air. I was feeling great the fact I was nervous meant that I was ready to win and play my best. When getting ready for my first game to start I put on my mask and feel the comfort of the foam on my mask press against all sides of my head, the comfort of my uniform in the sun, and the feeling of the gelatin paintballs as they leave behind an oily residue as I loaded them into my pods and loader waiting for the first game. When entering the field for the first game I feel as though I am being locked inside a cage and am ready to be let loose and show the crowd something they have never seen before. I line up with my team on one side of the field, standing sideways leaning in runner’s stance I have my marker hung back behind me ready to sprint as soon as I hear the horn. I take a few quick hops with my feet getting ready one last time and take a slow breath. I close my eyes and then reopen them. Hearing the ref count down to five and then hearing him yell, “five seconds!” Those five seconds are almost the longest five seconds I always experience. When finally five seconds go by and I hear the horn sound. As if I had wings I take off as fast as my feet will carry me getting to the bunker as fast as my feet will carry me.
Everyone on this earth has a hobby. A hobby is an activity that offers that person enjoyment, relaxation, and for me personally my hobby gives me determination. Whenever someone asked me what my hobby was I said my hobby is the same as my sport. My hobby is paintball which gives me determination.

Paintball gives me determination by motivating me to strive to complete goals. Wherever I am at in my life the one thing I have noticed is that I always have a goal in mind to shoot for. Success in paintball, whether I am on the field as a player, in a paintball store, or online is my goal. I want this sport to succeed as much as possible. In order for this sport to succeed I must work hard at each activity that involves this sport. If I am in the weight room, paintball is always on my mind and paintball is the object that keeps me going. In order to reach that level of success that I want to be at, I need to work hard at other activities outside of paintball such as doing great in school, being a positive family member, and helping out the community.
Paintball offers me determination to just work on the goal at hand and relax. When playing paintball I tend to forget everything that is going on in the outside world. Everyone has bad days; paintball gives me opportunities to turn those bad days into great days. If I am having a terrible day I will do something paintball related. I do not always have to be at the field playing; I might be working on my gear or going over magazine articles. By doing these activities gives me determination to focus on the task at hand which calms my body down, and all of my stress goes away. My mind enters a Zen state where I am at peace and the only thing I have to focus on is working my hardest at being the best positive member for this sport and just do what I love. If I am on the field my mind is just on the task at hand which is helping my team win. Paintball is my vacation from everyday life. Most people hear today say that they need a vacation to relax, well paintball is my vacation and helps me relax by focusing on the task at hand.

Paintball offers me determination which gives me a chance to express my individuality. Everyone has that certain characteristic or trait that truly defines them. Such as Tom Brady we immediately think football. Well when people think of me I want them to think dedication and paintball. This sport is truly something that I fell in love with at first sight. I started playing paintball back in the summer of 2007. Ever since then I have been working my hardest at this sport and do not plan on stopping. Every person has that one certain sport or activity that they dedicate themselves to which defines them. Most people say the usual sports such as football. But when I say paintball when they ask me, their eyes tend to light up and they become interested in this sport. There are millions of paintball players all across the globe, yet paintball is considered to be an extreme sport. Since paintball is still a newer market to some people they become interested and want to learn more. With paintball giving chances to show my determination and express my individuality, paintball applies to me in so many ways. I always love exercising and staying in shape, paintball offered me that since I had to be constantly moving. When playing paintball or any sport for that matter I tend to be pretty competitive and dedicate myself to succeed in that sport. Most people that know me know that I am a hard worker and when I find something that I love I tend to dedicate my life to that activity and see that activity to the end. With dedication I apply that to paintball such as working out, being a positive member on and off the field, and even practicing skills around the house. I love this sport so much and will do anything to make sure paintball succeeds in every way possible. Paintball is a part of me as my left arm is a part of my body. Paintball lets me be myself and express who I am.

Paintball has taken me far in life. I am no my way to achieving many of my goals for this sport. Recently I have gone to the Golf Jackson Dome in Jackson Michigan and started the idea with the owner of having a paintball field in the golf dome. Not only will this be my dream job since I have been offered one but also this offers me a chance to help this sport to succeed and bring paintball back to the city of Jackson. Since the golf dome has recently collapsed the owner and I are just going to rebuild from the ground up. Yes other sports will be offered but now so will paintball which is a huge step for not only this sport but also for the city of Jackson. When the owner and I rebuild the field everything will be new, that means new bunkers, turf, and netting. When thinking about paintball at the golf dome this almost makes my head explode from excitement. To think of how far I have come in this sport from when I started way back in the summer of 2007 just amazes me. I am glad and forever grateful for all those people who helped me get into this great sport. I am doing absolutely everything to succeed in this sport and once I do that I will give this all back to the people. I do not ever see myself stopping in this sport I love this sport as if paintball were a family member. I will most certainly play this sport until the day I die.

I hope to see you all on the field someday!

Thank You Everyone On TechPB!

SIEFKA.
Posted Image

#2 spydervents

spydervents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

wooooooooooooowwwww, wall of text, but very well written, good job. I also agree, it seems like when you dedicate yourself to the sport, you really dedicate yourself. It consumes your thoughts. I absolutely love it!!

Edited by spydervents, 10 April 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#3 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

wooooooooooooowwwww, wall of text, but very well written, good job. I also agree, it seems like when you dedicate yourself to the sport, you really dedicate yourself. It consumes your thoughts. I absolutely love it!!

False. A wall of text would have no spaces or Paragraph Formatting. This has both. Thus. it is NOT, a wall of text.

Good job Siefka. nice to hear from you.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#4 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Way to go. We need more fields so that people don't have to drive hours just to play this wonderful game. Posted Image

#5 K.YO

K.YO

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I stepped out onto the paintball field at Chaos Paintball in Charlotte Michigan. I smelt the smell of paintballs, the smell of my gear from previous times playing, and the foam of my mask. The sun was out and today was a great day....

I've always thought most brands of paintballs smell like rat shit/infestation.

.....that is all I have to contribute at this time.

No, I plan to Gears of War roll into a hut, shoot a motherfucker right in the face, one arm cock that bitch like on the movies and blow a cowering 9 year old right out the goddamn window while yelling hufuckingzah bitches.

#6 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

are you turning this in? or???

#7 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

can i get a cliff note? :D
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#8 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I smelt the smell of paintballs, the smell

That smell. A kind of smelly smell. the smelly smell that smells.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#9 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Mmm, smell a batch of evil sometime. Reminds me of world cup

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#10 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

-waits for the TL;DR version-

Just kidding, nice write up bro :tup:

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#11 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#12 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Awesome read. Is it for a class, almost read like an essay, but one that I actually wanted to read for once.

#13 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

No it is not. As previously stated it is set up in paragraph format so its not a wall of text at all.

I like it, nicely done sir.

#14 In_the_snake

In_the_snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Very good but you have as fast as my feet will carry me twice in one sentence, just so you know.
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My marker doesn't just shoot butter lanes, it shoots butter lanes with people on them.

#15 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I smelt the smell of paintballs

Nice. This however is my one major critique. In the above sentence, "smelled" would actually have been accurate. Smelt is a fish and something done to metals. Just in case your teacher/professor is a stickler for spelling.

#16 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

must have token a long time. truly inspirational :)

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#17 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I can't remember, but there's a paint out there that smells like apples. Evil or ultra evil maybe?

#18 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yes there is paint that smells like apples. I dont know what specific brand. Yes I have written this for an class. In fact the sport of paintball has helped me write multiple papers. I just tried to show how much I care about this sport and its members. I felt that since I put my heart into this paper that I should share it with you guys: my paintball family. :D
Posted Image

#19 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

You like Aerosmith and Paintball. We should be friends.

I can relate to your paper too, I'm sure a lot of us can. Good write up.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#20 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I smelt the smell of paintballs, the smell

That smell. A kind of smelly smell. the smelly smell that smells.

SMELLY.
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#21 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yes there is paint that smells like apples. I dont know what specific brand. Yes I have written this for an class. In fact the sport of paintball has helped me write multiple papers. I just tried to show how much I care about this sport and its members. I felt that since I put my heart into this paper that I should share it with you guys: my paintball family. :D

Well thanks for sharing. Was a great read.

#22 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Your welcome! I know I am not so marker knowlegable so I do not like to give out advice. I do not want to lead someone in the wrong direction. I only know the markers that I have owned. But I love the heart and dedication aspect of paintball. That I can talk for days about. I will be coming up with some more topics. My wish is too motivate and inspire new and old players. I hope to someday become a mod I am definetly glad I turned my act around, it is great to be on here!
Posted Image

#23 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

This needs to be in a magazine or a book or the news or on fb or something
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#24 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thank you! I really put my heart into the stuff I write now. I find it easier and a lot more enjoyable for me! I hope this was as enjoyable for you readers reading it and much as it was for me writing it.
Posted Image

#25 KCMECustoms

KCMECustoms

Custom Shop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

SIEFKA.

Too bad Chaos went out late last year but TC is running the place great.

#26 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Cool! I remember hearing something about TC taking over Chaos. Have they changed anything? I liked Chaos but they just did not come to the level of Excallibur o Hell Survivors for me. Still it was a pretty good field!
Posted Image

#27 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

nobody can understand how we all feel except for fellow players

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#28 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks! I hope they all understand though. The main thing is that all it takes is hard work, dedication, and practice. You put all these togather and work on them an hour a day everyday and you will dominate in this sport and achieve dreams never thought possible.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users