• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

i am WAY over weight im about 5"11' 317lbs and i like doing active things like paintball but my parents wont let so all i have to do is sit inside the house and play video games and stay out of their way because every time i talk to them they piss me off so i cant ask them for anything.

#2 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Welllll...First, respect your parents, they haven't lived this long without learning a thing or two. And second. You don't have to play video games. What is it with this generation and thinking, well I can't go outside, video games it is. There are so many damn things you can do inside. Buy some dumb bells, and do some calisthenics (crunches, push ups). I'm 6'1" 175, instead of playing video games I do push ups and sit ups. Instead of eating a bag of chips, I take a pair of dumb bells and do lunges. If you want to be skinny or lose weight, you first have to be willing to put in the work. It's an effort, but I've seen bigger people than you do it. Just know it's gonna take a lot of effort and a lot of will power to see it through. If you can, find a buddy who's already in shape and has the patience to help you out and will help you.

#3 Panda Colada

Panda Colada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

I realized how much free time I have since I stopped playing video games 4 months ago. I actually have time to take my dog out twice 40 mins during the day and 20 mins before I sleep. Cook dinner for me and my wife and exercise and do drills for paintball. And do what ^ said. Don't eat and play video games when you're bored.

#4 That ghetto kid

That ghetto kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

CARDIO!!!!!!!!

Things like jogging (even walking for that matter), biking, hiking, swimming etc. If you have to stay inside I highly suggest looking for a used treadmill. It will come very hard and slow at first, but as long as you have the determination anything is possible (okay, maybe not anything :P). Quitting video games will probably be the best decision you ever make if you decide to go that route.

#5 RoastedSteak

RoastedSteak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

1.Watch what you eat, Dont eat alot of meals be efficient Breakfast Lunch Dinner eat when your hungry and stop when you feel that your good (not when your stomach is about to explode)

2.Exercise is a good way to cut back on weight

3.Stay away from Chocolates, Unnecessary Sugar in cakes,sweets, fast food (Subway is a good alternative), MAYONNAISE IS A NONO!!!!!!!

4.Watch your calories

(all of these are kind of related)
(watch your meals if your not up for a diet , Exercise *remember excersisin without watching your food is useless* and the things you should stay away from)

If you'd like to PM me about your meals id be happy to help :)

#6 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

ok thanks for all the advice im about to get insanity or p90X or maby even both

#7 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

What these guys ^^^ said. Diet and exercise. If you eat junk food and/or drink soda, stop. Drink lots of water. Veggies and lean meats and fish. Even if it's just a walk, try to get an hour of exercise a day. If you don't want to spring for Insanity or P90x, Simple Fit is a great free resource. (http://www.simplefit.org).

#8 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

i get p90x and insanity free

#9 Panda Colada

Panda Colada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

if you have an iPhone or iTouch I recommend Nike Training center App.

#10 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Diet seems to be the primary culprit in my area. Do you drink soda/sweet tea/juice/energy drinks/anything with sugar in it? My cousin lost 120 pounds just by laying off the soda.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#11 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Even though you are going to get p90x or insanity, you should still go on a diet.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#12 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Even though you are going to get p90x or insanity, you should still go on a diet.

Yeah i am going to go on a diet

#13 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yeah i am going to go on a diet

Well good luck bud, hope all goes well
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#14 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

alright thanks

#15 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

alright thanks

I loved insanity. P90x was good, but Insanity was probably the best/hardest work out I have ever done in my life. To be honest, you might want to start with something a little easier, try going for a 30 minute walk every day. Then turn that into a 20 minute walk with 10 minutes of light jogging (not in a continuous span. Ex: Walk for 2 minutes, jog for 1 minute, repeat). One of my buddies who was overweight tried to jump straight into p90x and couldn't really get going as he got discouraged. So I told him what I'm telling you, he got a light base in with the above mentioned routine and then tried again. He finished p90x, then kicked my ass in Insanity haha.

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Run, do push ups and crunches. But mainly run to get rid of the fat, then do calisthenics to be really fit.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 RoastedSteak

RoastedSteak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Boycott sumthin called Sodas they are useless

#18 PB-JORD

PB-JORD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

im 15, so i can definately relate!
one of my suggestions is to tell your parents to stop buying junk food, this will really get them thinking that you want to change, that way there is no temptation since it wont be right there in front of you. do you have a pet? if so thats better, dogs can be a great push for exercising. get a part time job if you dont have one already, this will show some initiative, and you will be able to afford doing what you love more often (paintball!) and in turn do you not only get to play paintball more often, that also equals plenty of exercise more often, last and foremost, dont drink juice, pop etc... the AVERAGE person can lose over 30 pounds a year just by solely getting rid of that stuff for a year,
Hope i helped :)
Check out my Item for sale!
Virtue Redefined Board (Ion / Ion XE)

#19 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

im 15, so i can definately relate!
one of my suggestions is to tell your parents to stop buying junk food, this will really get them thinking that you want to change, that way there is no temptation since it wont be right there in front of you. do you have a pet? if so thats better, dogs can be a great push for exercising. get a part time job if you dont have one already, this will show some initiative, and you will be able to afford doing what you love more often (paintball!) and in turn do you not only get to play paintball more often, that also equals plenty of exercise more often, last and foremost, dont drink juice, pop etc... the AVERAGE person can lose over 30 pounds a year just by solely getting rid of that stuff for a year,
Hope i helped :)

i dont have a dog because we travel a LOT and i have a summer job cutting grass with my dad

Thanks for the advice

#20 wishicouldplay

wishicouldplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

so i got a dog yesterday

#21 pb2012

pb2012

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

so i got a dog yesterday

Good for you not only is having a pet fun but it will give you the motive to exercise by taking it on walks. Also do every thing that the above people said. Just remember it won't be easy at first but if you stick with it it will become a part of your life style. Good Luck!

#22 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

1.Watch what you eat, Dont eat alot of meals be efficient Breakfast Lunch Dinner eat when your hungry and stop when you feel that your good (not when your stomach is about to explode)

2.Exercise is a good way to cut back on weight

3.Stay away from Chocolates, Unnecessary Sugar in cakes,sweets, fast food (Subway is a good alternative), MAYONNAISE IS A NONO!!!!!!!

4.Watch your calories

(all of these are kind of related)
(watch your meals if your not up for a diet , Exercise *remember excersisin without watching your food is useless* and the things you should stay away from)

If you'd like to PM me about your meals id be happy to help :)

I personally like a little bit of 80% dark chocolate. it stops the crave for surged foods

Also slowly limit your crab intake. carbs raise your blood sugar. eat whole grains but still cut back a bit and do weights and cardio and everything above ^
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#23 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Diet seems to be the primary culprit in my area. Do you drink soda/sweet tea/juice/energy drinks/anything with sugar in it? My cousin lost 120 pounds just by laying off the soda.

I stopped drinking energy drinks and soda. i do drink diet once and a while but mostly water. dont cut out all sugar either, have a bit of dark chocolate or some ice cream. cutting it out completely will make you crave it and then bing on it.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users