• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 alphaqforever247

alphaqforever247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Very new to the pb world i rented everything the first time i went couple weeks ago. the thing i remember most was the mask didnt give me to so much visibility. what masks gives better peripheral vision and visibility?

#2 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

The top three masks that I can think of for visibility are the i4s, the Events, and the Profilers.

I hope that helps.

#3 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

profilers are really awesome, and really cheap.
Posted Image

#4 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I love my profilers, gives you great vision

#5 whattehhekcIV

whattehhekcIV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

The i4's is the best purchase i have made in paintball you will not be disappointed

#6 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Just in terms of lenses? So far everyone seems to be of the same opinion (including me): Dyes (specifically the I4s), Empire (E-Vents, Avatar & Helix) and V-Force (Grillz and Profilers). The Proto (Axis specifically) lenses are also very nice.

Some personal observations:

Dyes,

Pros:
  • Really nice lenses, excellent clarity, no distortions I've ever noticed, great looks & styles, excellent field of view, good fog resistance.
Cons:

• They seem very susceptible to scratching, almost like their scratch resistance is non-existent, and they're expensive (like all things Dye).

Empire,

Pros:

• Good lenses, with a great and fast replacement system, good clarity, very little distortion, some nice styles (Fire is cool), good fog resistance, and all of the masks take the same lens.
Cons:

• I find the thermal seal on them is noticeable and in my field of view. It's not awful, it doesn't block my vision, but the fact that I even notice it is a bother.

V-Force,

Pros:

• OK (single-pane) to good (dual-pane) lenses, OK clarity, some (single-pane) to very little (dual-pane) distortion, some nice styles, and the Profiler dual-pane thermal lens has the absolute best fog resistance I have yet to experience, the Grillz isn't far behind.
Cons:

• It's looking doubtful that they will continue to be made. I've spoken to a half-dozen retailers, and they all say that very same thing. Damn shame really, wish I had gotten my hands on a yellow...

Now, this is LENSES ONLY, right. Not the masks, just the lenses.

Edited by Cap'n Biff, 11 April 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#7 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

I think the Profits give pretty good range of view which is great when you cant hear jack Posted Image

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#8 Bl4ckDyn4m1t3

Bl4ckDyn4m1t3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

If you have a big head, watch out for the i4's. I have a pair, and I love them, but my head is pretty big and my chin sticks out the bottom just a tad (But enough to get hit).

#9 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

events and profilers
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#10 Matslap

Matslap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

I have the Dye i4's due to recommendations from friends and I have to say that I love them. Visibility on them is amazing but I have to agree with Bl4ckDyn4m1t3. You will have an issue with them if you're head is larger or you are a bigger person. My lower jaw is exposed if I am shouting and the side of my lower jaw is exposed at all times. I have yet to get shot there (knock on wood) in the few times that I have worn them out.

I also have a couple of pairs of JT ProFlexes and the visibility on those are great as well. I added plastic ears from the JT ProShield for added protection since the softears leave you exposed on the sides as well. The ProShields use the same goggle system as the ProFlexes so you can pick up a pair for less than 50 bucks. They will offer the same amount of visibility to the 70 dollar ProFlexes.

Goodluck and welcome to the sport.

#11 alphaqforever247

alphaqforever247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

thanks yall for the replys. i was looking at the i4 but those are pretty pricey going to look into the profilers. Every one here is talking about big heads my is totally opposite and with me being bald my head is even smaller. you guys think the profiler is ok for a guy with a small haed lol

#12 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

Vforce grills, i4s or profilers

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#13 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

I love my Sly Profits. Don't know why only one person mentioned them... They are a great mask with a great field of view. That being said, profilers have an amazing field of view as well, never worn i4's so can't tell you about those. However, the profits, with their double strap and wide view are my favorite. But if you aren't in shape, I wouldn't get the profits, they aren't the best for those who need to gasp in a lot of air.

#14 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I love my Sly Profits. Don't know why only one person mentioned them... They are a great mask with a great field of view. That being said, profilers have an amazing field of view as well, never worn i4's so can't tell you about those. However, the profits, with their double strap and wide view are my favorite. But if you aren't in shape, I wouldn't get the profits, they aren't the best for those who need to gasp in a lot of air.

You sir are not the first to mention them look up :P

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#15 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think the Profits give pretty good range of view which is great when you cant hear jack Posted Image

Personally i agree id stack my profits against an E-vent in range of view. simple disassembly and i love the double strap though only complaint is the padded ears.

Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#16 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

i think that the angel eyes had the best field of view, but since they will never be relesed i would say proflex maybe

#17 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

i think that the angel eyes had the best field of view, but since they will never be relesed i would say proflex maybe

Actually, their FOV was smaller than that of the Profilers. The reason for that is that the entire lense wasn't used because of the frame that went around your eyes that is just slightly smaller than that of the Proflexes.

#18 Braedon McPhedran

Braedon McPhedran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

i love my profilers but there on there death bed :(
there an amazing mask you can't go wrong with them lasted me a long time to :)
timmies>other markers

#19 alphaqforever247

alphaqforever247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

So i went to my local pb shop i tried on the profilers grill and i4 of course the i4 had the best visability but ran at 115 dollars, i liked the grill better then the profilers. so i am leaning towards the grill unless one of yall can change my mind lol. they had them for 70 dollars.

#20 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

its whatever feels the most comfortable to you no one else can decide that its all personal preference. Ive heard good stuff about the grills so i dont think you will be disapointed with your choice.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#21 Naaate

Naaate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

i'd have to say profilers, grillz, or i4s have the best visibility. and V-force has really good fits for people of all size heads

#22 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

You sir are not the first to mention them look up :P

Damn...What color are your profits?

#23 moffy

moffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Get sly profits, I think they're the best mask you can get for the price
Great FOV,Thermal Resistance and thay look cool :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users