14 replies to this topic

#1 legitpro808

legitpro808

Living the HI life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I havent shot a drone yet but I have shot my friends reflex. I have heard good things about both guns, but a ref at my field says a lot of peoples drones get bolt stick. Which do you guys think is a better buy and has anyone else had bolt stick on the drone?
Axe Conglomerate v3
Repping the 808 State! Oahu Grown

#2 AJ1337

AJ1337

MEOW :3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

i own a 2012 proto reflex (20k leagues) as a sponsorship gun and its OK.. its not a bad shooter although it has shit efficiency, wierd fat grips, and i absolutely hate the UL ASA (so hard to turn it actually hurts my fingers)

if i were you id totally go for the marcdev drone DX

#3 legitpro808

legitpro808

Living the HI life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

anyone else
Axe Conglomerate v3

#4 jedibrownman

jedibrownman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Drones are very easy to maintain. The issues those folks were having was probably due to a bad o-ring or too much/too little lube. Drones need very little lube...just enough to make the orings look wet and be sure to use militia lube. I love mine and it shoots great.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HFnY4MlWwD8 .... link to maintenance video

Edited by jedibrownman, 12 April 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Bringin Baller Status to Paintball
My Feedback

#5 carbo

carbo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

MacDev drone dx is a wonderful gun have shot it at my local dealer it shoots amazing for its price, personally i like it better than the reflex..... alot better.. seriously a lot

#6 FeloniousNick

FeloniousNick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

i own a 2012 proto reflex (20k leagues) as a sponsorship gun and its OK.. its not a bad shooter although it has shit efficiency, wierd fat grips, and i absolutely hate the UL ASA (so hard to turn it actually hurts my fingers)

if i were you id totally go for the marcdev drone DX

UL grips are weird and fat?...................

#7 kingsurfer2010

kingsurfer2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Here comes a bias opinion Drone all the way shoots great and feels great never shot a proto rail either soooo pretty bias but I can only assume the Rail is a decent marker.

#8 legitpro808

legitpro808

Living the HI life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

no one likes the reflex?
Axe Conglomerate v3

#9 carbo

carbo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

yeah pretty much no one likes the reflex

#10 Lucky_Cro

Lucky_Cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

Nobody except Schuppert :D

#11 whattehhekcIV

whattehhekcIV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I love my reflex feels great in the hands I do not know what these people are smoking it shoots great for a mid spool valve though the efficiency is weak. Don;t base your opion off of the people on the internet use both the internet and your field to see what you think about it. The maintenance is not hard for the refelx rail if you are not an idiot.

#12 trigger finger

trigger finger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I also own one and I love it its a great mid range spool its very very smooth for the price I like how it feels in my hands and I mean, a lot of the parts on the reflex come straight from the dm line personally I think for the price it can't get much better but I have never shot the dx so I don't know how it shoots but I would definitely recommend the reflex

#13 paint-ball-16

paint-ball-16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

I haven't shot either of them and had the same question but I heard you just need a low pressure reg for the dx and it will stop bolt stick.

Edited by paint-ball-16, 12 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#14 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

i am familiar with macdev, as i currently own a clone and before that, a droid. i also have owned the reflex. now dont listen to these guys's biased opinion. look at facts. and facts say

the reflex trigger rapes the droid trigger repeatedly
they both have decently involved maintenance
the reflex's UL frame feels like what hand to grip sex would feel like....if it existed. best in the business imo
the drone will probably be a smidge quieter, but they will both be quiet and both be very smooth
the reflex's board and drone board are fine and good
i personally like the reflex's asa a lot more than the one macdev has been and does use on the drone. the macdev one seems to finicky and the orings pop right off at times.
and if im not mistaken, the reflex comes with better packaging. (correct me if wrong)
both are solid guns, but dont throw the reflex out of the game. it is an amazing marker, as is your other options

I haven't shot either of them and had the same question but I heard you just need a low pressure reg for the dx and it will stop bolt stick.

i cant see switching tank pressures having anything to do with bolt stick because it will all be regulated out the same before it reaches the bolt

#15 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

i am familiar with macdev, as i currently own a clone and before that, a droid. i also have owned the reflex. now dont listen to these guys's biased opinion. look at facts. and facts say

the reflex trigger rapes the droid trigger repeatedly
they both have decently involved maintenance
the reflex's UL frame feels like what hand to grip sex would feel like....if it existed. best in the business imo
the drone will probably be a smidge quieter, but they will both be quiet and both be very smooth
the reflex's board and drone board are fine and good
i personally like the reflex's asa a lot more than the one macdev has been and does use on the drone. the macdev one seems to finicky and the orings pop right off at times.
and if im not mistaken, the reflex comes with better packaging. (correct me if wrong)
both are solid guns, but dont throw the reflex out of the game. it is an amazing marker, as is your other options

i cant see switching tank pressures having anything to do with bolt stick because it will all be regulated out the same before it reaches the bolt

The Drone actually has the same packaging as the VX
also it's true switching to a LP tank helps a lot
this guy does an awesome review and touches on the LP air situation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDlyLs6Wh7U

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users