35 replies to this topic

#1 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

It really pisses me off how many people have this mentality that school is waste of time, the teachers are out to get you, the administration is out to get you etc. Really pisses me off. Someone posted some long, not well thought out rant, that had more spelling mistakes than I could count, bitching about the administration giving him a court date for excessive tardies. While I think a court date is a little excessive the following comments sounded so ignorant. People were talking about how

the school made the parking lots inefficient just to make us late to class

Yes, yes they did do that. They purposefully made the parking lot inefficient just to fuck you over. NO THEY DIDN"T. Believe it or not, schools and teachers actually want to help you, not make your life difficult. The kid who was complaining said he had 32 tardies in the month of march. Yes 32, that means about a tardy a day. Then he goes on to say how it doesn't matter if he's only a few minutes late. Yes it does, it interrupts the teacher and distracts all the kids with the attention span of a goldfish. And then he said that it was because he was black. That just pushed me over the edge. The principle isn't out to get you because your black. Your race has nothing to do with it, you being a dumb ass has everything to do with it.

TL;DR: I like boobs

INB4 being mean to me :( and yes... yes I can inb4.

#2 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Sorry, it was long. But I, also, like boobs.:P

Edited by Latsabb, 12 April 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#3 triggalarry

triggalarry

Taylor Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

The kid who was complaining said he had 32 tardies in the month of march.

How the fuck is that possible!?

Edited by triggalarry, 12 April 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#4 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

More than one each day. It isnt being late to school, but being late to class. So if he has 6 classes a day (for example) and 20 school days in the month, that gives him 120 possible tardies.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#5 triggalarry

triggalarry

Taylor Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

More than one each day. It isnt being late to school, but being late to class. So if he has 6 classes a day (for example) and 20 school days in the month, that gives him 120 possible tardies.

Ooo, I get it now.

#6 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Sorry, it was long. But I, also, like boobs.:P

Damn, my plan was for people to read the title, read the tl;dr and be all like "what the fuck is this about" and read the whole thing :lol:

#7 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Yea these are the same people that I'll have to arrest for beating there baby momma sigh oh well
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#8 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Damn, my plan was for people to read the title, read the tl;dr and be all like "what the fuck is this about" and read the whole thing :lol:

Nope. I was like "School sucks?" Yeah, ok. "I like boobs?" Hell yeah! And by that time I was much too distracted by the statement.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#9 flac

flac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

I also find it very annoying to see all these kids saying school is pointless. Well SOMEONE has to flip our burgers....

#10 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

I also find it very annoying to see all these kids saying school is pointless. Well SOMEONE has to flip our burgers....

So much win right there

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#11 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

How racist is it that I just kind of assumed the kid was black before the OP mentioned it?
Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?
lulzwut?
ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER! CAN YOU TYPE IT?

#12 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

How racist is it that I just kind of assumed the kid was black before the OP mentioned it?

Extremely. Unless you hate them all equally, then it's okay.
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#13 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Extremely. Unless you hate them all equally, then it's okay.

By "them all" do you mean kids or black people? Because I'm pretty sure one of those is still really really racist.
Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

lulzwut?

#14 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I am pretty sure that I am going to ask that subject to be dropped before someone needs to clean up this topic.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#15 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Probably a good idea. I'm on some pretty great cold medication and I'm getting the feeling that my judgement isn't at 100% - I'm gonna try and be more careful with my posting until it wears off.

lulzwut?

#16 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

TL;DR: I like boobs

:tup:

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#17 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I like school...somtimes.
RAWR?

#18 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I don't like school, but at the same time I recognize that it is necessary and we're lucky to have free education. All the kids that go out and party every night may be having a great time right now, but when they can't get in to a good college and end up going to a community college (nothing wrong with that) or drop out of college, they better learn to make a damn good burger.

#19 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I don't like school, but at the same time I recognize that it is necessary and we're lucky to have free education. All the kids that go out and party every night may be having a great time right now, but when they can't get in to a good college and end up going to a community college (nothing wrong with that) or drop out of college, they better learn to make a damn good burger.

Its easy enough for me to work at school because my mom threatens to take away my xbox/ipod/computer/everything fun in life.
RAWR?

#20 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

my teacher actully is trying to make my life a living hell
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#21 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Realistically, school is pretty stupid until you get into post secondary. Be that college, university or any kind or technical school.

Forced to hang around a bunch of fucktards for 12 years? No thanks bro. All of the bullshit they teach you, the dumb punk ass kids, and all the drama. Never would I wish that on any other being lol.

University has made the most recent years of my life easily the best bar none. The classes are more interesting, the parties are harder, the girls are smokin hot, and the people are just smarter and cooler to chill with. Maaaan ima miss this place. :'(

#22 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,117 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

ah the self centered everything is about me mentality of children ....

some never grow out of it, they become dicks.

Edited by cockerpunk, 12 April 2012 - 12:20 PM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#23 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

I am pretty sure that I am going to ask that subject to be dropped before someone needs to clean up this topic.

Was trying to make a joke that went the wrong way, my mistake.

Did your wife ever admit her pancake ball things were weird?
Posted Image

#24 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yeah. Ok.

#25 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Realistically, school is pretty stupid until you get into post secondary. Be that college, university or any kind or technical school.

Forced to hang around a bunch of fucktards for 12 years? No thanks bro. All of the bullshit they teach you, the dumb punk ass kids, and all the drama. Never would I wish that on any other being lol.

University has made the most recent years of my life easily the best bar none. The classes are more interesting, the parties are harder, the girls are smokin hot, and the people are just smarter and cooler to chill with. Maaaan ima miss this place. :'(

Implying that you would actually know wtf is going on in university if you hadn't had all the previous years of school.

Posted Image

#26 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

The idea of school is great. How school is run, particularly in the U.S. is absolutely retarded.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#27 ChandlerPB

ChandlerPB

I live in the Rant section.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I don't like school. I don't like going. I don't like my teachers. I don't like the kids at my school. But, I participate in the educational institution like I should, and like the law requires me to.

Posted Image

Edited by ChandlerPB, 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#28 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

The only thing pointless about High School is the drama people create themselves.

Standardized tests also are pointless. Critical thinking is where it's at.

The most important thing you can learn is how to study and apply what you learn to the outside world. The application part though is sometimes never explained.

Edited by Dak-Attack, 12 April 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#29 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

The idea of school is great. How school is run, particularly in the U.S. is absolutely retarded.

QFT

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#30 friendly72fire

friendly72fire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I hate school. I hate every minute of it. But I get through the day knowing if I don't go to school I won't get a good job, and thus I won't have money to spend on the awesome sport of paintball.

#31 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yeah. Ok.

my thoughts exactly

#32 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I hate school. I hate every minute of it. But I get through the day knowing if I don't go to school I won't get a good job, and thus I won't have money to spend on the awesome sport of paintball.

The unfortunate truth is that a lot of people who have degrees right now still get forced to work at McDonalds.

Also, about the being gone from school thing, I have over 120 absences this year.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#33 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah. Ok.

my thoughts exactly

I do actually know some teachers who if you get on their bad side will deliberately enforce stricter rules on you. Now, given most of the time the kids are problem children and need to be watched closely, but some kids get caught with the wrong group once or twice by the same teacher in a bad situation and get fucked over for the rest of the year. Believe it or not, some teachers actually are complete assholes. Not all, not even 1/8, but every once in a while you will come across the one teacher that just does not give a shit about their job and enacts overly strict punishments for the sheer reason just because they can.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#34 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

The only thing pointless about High School is the drama people create themselves.

Standardized tests also are pointless. Critical thinking is where it's at.

The most important thing you can learn is how to study and apply what you learn to the outside world. The application part though is sometimes never explained.

Completely right.

Everything is about money. Doing well on standardized tests brings the school money. Kids are taught to learn something to do well on a test. Doesn't matter that they forget about it the second they walk out the door because they will never apply it.

I would say things like being able to fix a car, or knowing how to build a computer are much more important than knowing the ins and outs of logarithms.

Two save me tens of thousands of dollars. Guess which one doesn't

Edited by `kook, 12 April 2012 - 11:23 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#35 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Agreed on the above, completely honestly, I forget a lot of what I learn unless I'm interested in it, then I have a freakishly good memory, but that's not the point here, the point is that teaching to a test isn't what's going to educate kids, ask many adult over 35 what they remember from college or highschool and how much of it they've used, odds are they won't remember much, and haven't used much of it. Schools need to learn to teach more critical thinking instead of teaching to the test.
Posted Image

#36 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Yeah. Ok.

no srsly
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users