12 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

So I've played sports my entire life but I'm still a big guy. Right now I'm sitting at 267 and I'm 6'. After tareing my acl when I was 16 I've only worked out now and then compared to everyday. I plan on losing atleast 40 pounds by Christmas but shooting to be around 200 if it's possible.

Well long story short is that I started dieting again, 1500ish calories a day. On days that I don't eat much meat/protein I'll drink a protein shake 30ish minutes after I work out. Right now I'm currently stuck workin out at home with limited space but thank god I have a backyard.I've been running sprints and mainly footwork drills to help with playing paintball. I have some adjustable dumb bells that I've been using mainly for arms, and lunges. Lately I've been running everyday along with footwork drills and lifting every other day.

I'm mainly looking for tips on other exercises that I can do with my body weight/dumb bells besides the basics of pushups, situps, and lunges. I've read many of these threads and thought id try it and make my own and see what everyone says. Thanks for your help in advance.

(I typed this on my phone if it's screwed up really bad)

Edited by SpaceMan, 13 April 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#2 Panda Colada

Panda Colada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

If you have an iPhone try Nike training center

#3 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

There's a corresponding app for this on iPhone/iPad/ietc. I use it, my sister uses it, and in terms of budgeting your caloric intake and keeping track of the quality of your diet, it's a very nice tool. So long as you're consistent, you'll be able to see what your diet consists of, and how you should go about your goals.

I'd say if you weight that much, 1500 calories is very little, especially if you're exercising.

edit: Be sure to create an account if you think you'll use that.

Edited by sticktodrum, 13 April 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

You need to do more cardio from the sounds of it. if you have a smart phone or an ipod touch look up couch to 5k. It is a great app that helps you work up to being able to run longer distances/intervals of time. Its a 9 week program that costs $1.60 for weeks 3-9 (weeks 1 and 2 are free).

#5 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks everyone, right now I'm using myfitnesspal and it makes it so easy to track what I eat/drink.

#6 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

If you are only eating 1500 a day plus working out, you will drop weight very quickly. 40 pounds in 6 months should be very doable if you keep it up. In fact, with a net calorie limit of 1500 calories at your weight you should probably be dropping about 3 pounds a week. Good luck

#7 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Well. Good luck to you mate. If you really want to get insane. Try the Insanity work out. It's worth every penny, and well, if you actually bust your balls and put in the work, you'll get the results. It's a bit steep though, was like 80 bucks last I saw. Plus, you'll probably need to eat more if you are gonna do it cause you'll be burnt out with only 1500 Cals a day.

#8 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Just stick with a strict diet and you will lose weight and by strict I mean eat at a calorie deficit. If you eat "healthy" but still consume more calories than you burn you will still gain weight.

#9 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks everyone, right now I'm using myfitnesspal and it makes it so easy to track what I eat/drink.

I use myfitnesspal and its great. helps keep track of everything really well

#10 BMFer

BMFer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

I've dropped 70 lbs in a little over a year. It can be done. Keep up the exercise and eating habits. If you want it to last, you have to avoid the fads and trick diets. Got to work with your body, not trick it, to have lasting results.

Try a stair stepper. Great cardio, burns the legs, and takes up very little room.

Us former fat-guys usually have very weak core and lower back. Put some emphasis on those areas, will really help in your daily activities and definitely will help on the pb field.

Look into some rubber floor tiles. (I found some good ones on Amazon). Really helps with the knees, and helps when you've got to go to the floor for exercise.

STICK TO IT! Doesn't mater as much what you're doing, just that you're doing something. Once some pounds come off, you can get more and more critical with targeting specific areas.

#11 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well. Good luck to you mate. If you really want to get insane. Try the Insanity work out. It's worth every penny, and well, if you actually bust your balls and put in the work, you'll get the results. It's a bit steep though, was like 80 bucks last I saw. Plus, you'll probably need to eat more if you are gonna do it cause you'll be burnt out with only 1500 Cals a day.

hes right, you need to eat more depending on what ur doing. 1500 is a good net. if u do hard work outs eat to keep this number but eat healy food like fish and what not. eggs are also good for u. dr.oz says that there is no link betweencholesterol and diatry cholesterol so eat lots of eggs.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#12 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

6ft 4inch
235lb

I need to consume 3000 calories per day just to maintain my weight. 2700 to loose fat.

1500 is probably to little for you.

#13 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

hes right, you need to eat more depending on what ur doing. 1500 is a good net. if u do hard work outs eat to keep this number but eat healy food like fish and what not. eggs are also good for u. dr.oz says that there is no link betweencholesterol and diatry cholesterol so eat lots of eggs.

While eggs are healthy they're not something you want to eat when trying to lose weight especially the yolk.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users