Photo

2.7 Million Cases of Paintball Vandalism Per Year?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Jon Eering

Jon Eering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:21 AM

I just read through the whole thread and the only thing I can think of is: Why not have prohibition? Use it only at a field or there could be serious consequences. However you look at it prohibition causes a demand and would not only cause the sport to grow because of the demand, but would cause it to have a less hostile face to the public.

This would cause a problem for field owners though. Maybe you would need a paintball license to own one, but not operate one- like renting.

I'm really interested to see others views on this.

#52 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:32 AM

I just read through the whole thread and the only thing I can think of is: Why not have prohibition? Use it only at a field or there could be serious consequences. However you look at it prohibition causes a demand and would not only cause the sport to grow because of the demand, but would cause it to have a less hostile face to the public.

This would cause a problem for field owners though. Maybe you would need a paintball license to own one, but not operate one- like renting.

Prohibition was a ban on alcohol, and addictive substance that has become the cornerstone of adult life in this country, and can be made my anyone with a few simple tools. Paintball is an expensive sport that requires incredably expensive, specialized encapsulation machines to make the consumables (paintball) needed to play, not to mention compressors, markers, lenses, etc.

If paintball is banned, RPS isn't going to keep making paintballs; they are too big of a target, and a very obvious one. Same goes for the rest of the paintball manufacturers. You're not going to be able to make "moonshine" paintballs yourself, and people, sane people at least, aren't going to risk serious jail time just to play a game.

#53 Jon Eering

Jon Eering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

Prohibition was a ban on alcohol, and addictive substance that has become the cornerstone of adult life in this country, and can be made my anyone with a few simple tools. Paintball is an expensive sport that requires incredably expensive, specialized encapsulation machines to make the consumables (paintball) needed to play, not to mention compressors, markers, lenses, etc.

If paintball is banned, RPS isn't going to keep making paintballs; they are too big of a target, and a very obvious one. Same goes for the rest of the paintball manufacturers. You're not going to be able to make "moonshine" paintballs yourself, and people, sane people at least, aren't going to risk serious jail time just to play a game.

I think you missed my point, I am not proposing a complete ban on paintball, but some regulation. Treat it like a real firearm by needing a license to own one.

Maybe I shouldn't have used prohibition to describe it, regulations = good non aggressive word?

#54 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

that is a very foolish idea. by that logic, there should be requisites of permits for baseball bats.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#55 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Deleting this post before we start going too far off topic.

Edited by Iram, 17 March 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#56 Steadyhigh

Steadyhigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

me and 4 buddys were in a van smokein a joint after practice..so we all had our gear and what not..air..paint..everything you need to fuck shit up...all of a sudden you hear a splat on the window..i look out and tehre is some kids shooting at us from there car with some lil shit gun..they wernt painballers....but it was funny casue we were in the car with like madd gear..we could ahve just lit them all the fuck up..we watched them shoot for a few seconds..and then my buddy just freaked casue we wouldnnt let him shoot back..so he grabed some tool he had in the van and just booked it at the kids and they took off so fast.....but we could have just destroyed there lil cavlier..but we didnt casue were not stupid..but he did try n end there lives with a crazy tool for takein dents outta cars

oh with his mask of course. they stoped shootin as soon as he started runin anways..

Edited by Steadyhigh, 17 March 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#57 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

i say we round up all the retards vandalizing cities and allowing the people that they have harmed (paintball players included) to lite them up with a few hundred thousand monsterballs? anyone agree?

Edited by Mephisto, 19 March 2009 - 09:16 PM.

"and if your boys and my boys ever meet on the field in a gunfight... we will fuck you up."

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#58 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Treat it like a real firearm by needing a license to own one.

If and when that happens...Paintballing as we know it will cease to exist as a Rec Sport.

#59 _ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

_ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

I really doubt just stopping Walmart from selling paintball supplies will in turn reduce paintball vandalism. Any run of the mill guy can purchase paintball gear from the various internet sites and proshops all around. If people want to vandalize something they will; its just a shame that they use paintball guns as a means to vandalize.

Ummm, I know that Wal-Mart and in the case of Canada, Canadian Tire (and Wal Mart too) not selling paintball gear won't stop vandalism but it would definately drop the amount that happens. Lets face it, yes they can buy guns at local stores, the internet, blah blah, but lets face it how many of these punk vandals go out of their way to buy this stuff? or use a credit card to buy online and wait for shipping? Most of these guys are walking through walmart bored, then see paintball guns for 60 bucks and figure "hey, what the hell, its cheap and this will be fun" then they grab a case of monster balls and they're on their marry way.

Now what pisses me off is what Mike said about all the signs and such being shot up on the way to PSP pheonix that pisses me off. These are competitive players who know the effect this has on the sport and are too ignorant to care, let alone when it's on it's way to a major league event. Things like this just make people in the area think "great, the paintballers are coming to town everything is gonna get shot up." Plain and simple, team captains or coaches should tell their players when they first join the team that if hey go shooting shit up in public flat out they're off the team and the police will be informed.

#60 patrick1

patrick1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

yeah my girlfriends co workers boyfriend got in trouble for shooting 172 houses. he got caught and now he is being charged with 172 counts of propety damamage. im glad he got caught. people like that make me sick.
80% of teens listen to Rap, if your part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!
Now witness the end of an age, Hope dies in hands of believers, Who seek the truth in the liar's eyes, Take hold of my hand, For you are no longer alone
Walk with me in hell

#61 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

I spoke with mike on TechPB radio live last night on this very issue. and He's right as a community we need step up and do something about these vandalism cases. if a vandal goes ballistic in your town find out about it find his court date and show up at the trial with all of your paintball buddies and PEACEFULLY! demonstrate that we want this guy to serve the max for what ever he's charged with and show the media that these "things" lower lifeforms that commit these acts of violence and mischief make signs and maybe wear jerseys but not masks please don't wear your masks like some people do on the internet in any paintball vid. we do not need to be ashamed of our sort and hide our faces from the public because we are paintballers. we need to show everyone that we are normal balanced (well mostly balanced :)) human beings. and the only way we can do that is to step out and show people who we are.

and as for the people shooting up signs and what not on the way to PSP Phoenix. If you play paintball and give a remote care about the sport please, please i'm begging you and the rest of the community is begging you to cease this stupidity and do right by human nature and behave in a responsible manner that is both beneficial to you and this sport as a professional player. (I'm talking about anyone who plays competitively.)

Oh and if you ever hear anyone brag about a shooting spree in passing let them have it wit both barrel for me would ya.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#62 Br3ttn

Br3ttn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

so many things i want to say i will start by saying the something similar to random paintball vandolisim happend at my school at the begining of the year and i'm a freshmen so it realy could have been bad so what happend was at the end of the day some on droped what must have been a case or 2 of paint on the second floor of my school and i'm in nyc so i have no clue where they got the paint and i even go out to long lsand to play also i go to a small school and i had been reading a copy of psm at lunch that day i almost got blamed for the incdent but they dident have enough evidence to prove anyone did it so i dident get in trouble i could have gotten suspended but stuff like this hurts the sport so much and its not like if people go around with a pitching machine in there car and start shooting baseballs at windows and people or smashing mailboxs with baseball bats or hiting baseballs at people its reported as baseball vandalism its just vandalism so why is paintball given its own catorgory when idiotic assholes do stupid shit o and please excuse my language o and what i said up a bit i should probly clarify what the admins in my school had done was lump me in with people that might have done it so if they had evidence aganst them i would have gotten intruble to even thou i dident do anything

Edited by Br3ttn, 28 May 2009 - 02:05 PM.

#63 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

so many things i want to say i will start by saying the something similar to random paintball vandolisim happend at my school at the begining of the year and i'm a freshmen so it realy could have been bad so what happend was at the end of the day some on droped what must have been a case or 2 of paint on the second floor of my school and i'm in nyc so i have no clue where they got the paint and i even go out to long lsand to play also i go to a small school and i had been reading a copy of psm at lunch that day i almost got blamed for the incdent but they dident have enough evidence to prove anyone did it so i dident get in trouble i could have gotten suspended but stuff like this hurts the sport so much and its not like if people go around with a pitching machine in there car and start shooting baseballs at windows and people or smashing mailboxs with baseball bats or hiting baseballs at people its reported as baseball vandalism its just vandalism so why is paintball given its own catorgory when idiotic assholes do stupid shit o and please excuse my language o and what i said up a bit i should probly clarify what the admins in my school had done was lump me in with people that might have done it so if they had evidence aganst them i would have gotten intruble to even thou i dident do anything

that's kind of messed up (Majorly) that they would do that. but as far as your analogy of baseball as just vandalism but paintball is it's own brand. well what is baseball "Americas past time" perhaps the most loved sport in this country. Now what's paintball to America? a bunch of imbalanced individuals that run in the woods and shoot each other. it's that perception of the sport that make paintball vandalism so special in there eyes. not to mention our markers bear some resemblance to guns (even if only in rough appearance.) so it seems even more so even though the baseball bat has made it's way into more courtrooms than any other peace of sports equipment in history. I mean it's the quintessential mafia melle weapon.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#64 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

If you think that paintball vandalism is bad here in the U.S and Canada then try going to Venezuela (My birthplace)! Almost every sign in the country has "SPLAT" marks on it. Dont even get me started on the cars... Also the walls, inside of tunnels, houses, schools, fences, ect. Once my aunts car got painted while she was at a fair! Actually most of the time they dont use paintball markers to shoot and damage property. Half the time they use real guns! You can not take a 5 minute ride around your neighborhood without passing atleast 5 street signs with a bunch of rusty holes in them. Of course if you live in Venezuela thats nothing special to you... About 100 houses get robbed every day in the capital where I was born and lived in for 4 years...Caracas

Anyways, it really is a shame! Most people think paintball is just a bunch of retarded teens going around in their buddys car spraying at anything they want.... thats not called paintball...its called douche ball! So get mad at douche ball and leave paintball alone! :angry:
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#65 baseballz2433

baseballz2433

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

I have never seen paintball vandalism in my home town or in my school district in fact. I can't believe how bad it is everywhere else. Only reason i can think of it being lower is that all the punks the would do it are smart enough to know that if they shoot at someones house with a paintball gun, they get shot at with real guns. Yea i live in a redneck community :lol:

#66 Cbar Hero

Cbar Hero

A powerful man with a powerful plan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

I agree with the German laws regarding paintball guns. They are considered fire arms, and if a majority of people don't treat them as such (either the 'pros' heading to the PSP or regular vandals) then they should be subject to stricter laws on where they can be used. Private land or registered fields should be the only place markers should be used anyhow. As for education, I don't think you can teach people respect for a paintball marker and its safe use by just showing up at a school to do a demo or condemning a vandal in a court room.

Also, with stricter laws your eliminating a lot of the fools who cause the problems in the first place. If you have to be over 18 to buy a gun, then your already cutting out a lot of the people who may be to immature to handle the responsibility. No offense to anyone under 18, but your parents should have ownerships over the gun and be under their supervision. This should also apply to BB and airsoft guns.

On a side note, airsoft guns shouldn't be made to look like real weapons. It's a stupid idea for many reasons, and if you wanna play army then stick to GI Joes please.

#67 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

the only problem with the government regulating things it can go overboard like the 215 fps capp in germany that's a little over the top.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users