25 replies to this topic

#1 carbo

carbo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

If I order from Ansgear to Canada, do I have to pay taxes for my shipment crossing the boarder? (Toronto, Ontario)

#2 X-HAMSTER-X

X-HAMSTER-X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

If I order from Ansgear to Canada, do I have to pay taxes for my shipment crossing the boarder? (Toronto, Ontario)

Suuuuure doo! So just take that into account when your looking at prices. It may look cheap at first but they'll getcha!

#3 illmatic

illmatic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

just don't ship with UPS, they will kill you on boarder fees.
For Sale :
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179896 TechPB Jersey / Dye Jersey
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179889 Bob Long Vice
http://www.techpb.co...0 Dye UL Back / Stiffi CF Front

#4 carbo

carbo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

kk thx

#5 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Always use USPS when shipping from the US. If you use UPS or FEDEX you will get slammed with all kinds of extra charges.

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#6 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I worked for UPS for years. If you have to use a courier, use Fed-Ex. If you have a choice, go with USPS every time.

Customs will not always charge you for shipments that cross the border. I might get dinged once every 10 or 12 shipments (and I get a lot of stuff). It depends on a great many factors, most of which you will have absolutely no control over. When you do get Customs fees on your packages, just pay it and move on. It, like death and taxes, is inescapable.
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#7 fat-50-

fat-50-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I hear that some stores in canada might sell paintball gear

What are you looking for

#8 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

What are you looking for

Canadian stores carry very very mainstream items. Talking tippmanns, PE and dye. no one else will risk stocking items that don't sell or even have older stock. Try finding niche items in canada, like Autococker parts, or older smart parts stuff. No one compares to ANSGEAR in selection or price in canada.

I end up having to buy stuff from ANSGEAR because no one carries on/off ASA at a decent price. You get dye airports, eclipse pops, or DP RAPS. and they are all 50 bucks.

#9 PB-JORD

PB-JORD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

i agree with cdtrix, as much as I would love to support my local shop buy buying a marker their, but they just dont carry enough variety of stuff, and whatever gear they do have their I can usually get shipped from ANS gear cheaper...
Check out my Item for sale!
Virtue Redefined Board (Ion / Ion XE)

#10 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

i heard from a certain source that canadian customs essentially chooses packages at random to charge customs on. the just have like a bunch and choose a few and slap on a fee. there is no possible way to know if you will be charged or not
Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#11 PB-JORD

PB-JORD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

i heard from a certain source that canadian customs essentially chooses packages at random to charge customs on. the just have like a bunch and choose a few and slap on a fee. there is no possible way to know if you will be charged or not

wow... i just checked out a cart at ANS Gear total $446, i sure hope i dont get slammed with any border fees bank account can't take much more!!!
Check out my Item for sale!
Virtue Redefined Board (Ion / Ion XE)

#12 databadger

databadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

If you use FEDEX the custom fees and taxes are usually put into the shipping cost. That and you know when your going to get it with FEDEX.

#13 fat-50-

fat-50-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

What are you looking for

Canadian stores carry very very mainstream items. Talking tippmanns, PE and dye. no one else will risk stocking items that don't sell or even have older stock. Try finding niche items in canada, like Autococker parts, or older smart parts stuff. No one compares to ANSGEAR in selection or price in canada.

I end up having to buy stuff from ANSGEAR because no one carries on/off ASA at a decent price. You get dye airports, eclipse pops, or DP RAPS. and they are all 50 bucks.

We just placed orders in the last 2 weeks to Goblin, Palmers, MacDev, Allen Paintball, CCI, the Canadian distributors for Eclipse and Tiberius, and Milsig, Kee, and more. Wish I had the time to put all this stuff in an online cart but we work on for locals first as they keep coming back not only for parts but service.

If you are ever in London drop me an email, I will be happy to give you a tour and see if I can get you anything special havefun@flagswipepaintball.com

#14 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

If you use FEDEX the custom fees and taxes are usually put into the shipping cost. That and you know when your going to get it with FEDEX.

Sorry, but that's completely wrong. Why would the company include taxes, or duties in thier fees? To minimize profit?
If your paying $50 for USPS and $70 for FedEx, $20 ain't going to cover the cost of taxes or duties.
Sorry, but that's wrong

Edited by Blade of grass, 08 May 2012 - 08:02 PM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#15 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

We just placed orders in the last 2 weeks to Goblin, Palmers, MacDev, Allen Paintball, CCI, the Canadian distributors for Eclipse and Tiberius, and Milsig, Kee, and more. Wish I had the time to put all this stuff in an online cart but we work on for locals first as they keep coming back not only for parts but service.

If you are ever in London drop me an email, I will be happy to give you a tour and see if I can get you anything special havefun@flagswipepaintball.com

Truth.

I've seen the pictures. You should see all the tank covers!

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#16 M Farmz

M Farmz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

If I order say $1000 from ansgear including shipping, and I pay with PayPal. Say I do get taxed 13% so $130, will my PayPal bill be $1130, or do I have to go to customs to pay?

#17 kilgore

kilgore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

If I order say $1000 from ansgear including shipping, and I pay with PayPal. Say I do get taxed 13% so $130, will my PayPal bill be $1130, or do I have to go to customs to pay?

The company delivering the package will attempt to collect custom charges when they deliver it to you. If you don't have the cash on hand or a credit card handy they take to a local outlet where you can pick it up and pay the customs.

#18 M Farmz

M Farmz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ok thanks, so they would bring it to like Canada post office or FedEx office.

#19 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

What's your location? How close to the border are you? Shipping depot an option?

You'd be surprised what old stock your local paintball shop has. fat-50-'s stores had some rarer cocker parts I was looking for. His prices for new, old stock were cheaper than what I could find for old, used prices after you adjusted for shipping costs. I order stuff online, but it's also nice to support your local shops. If you don't, the only local shop you'll have left is Walmart. At least give them a chance to earn your business by asking what they have.

Swap meets are another great way to get/sell gear. Any large scenario usually has a time where people get together and banter about gear.

EDIT:

For example, MCB is organizing a swap meet for Canadian Carnage:

http://www.mcarterbr...wts-thread.html

Edited by Jaccen, 10 May 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#20 flac

flac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

Just remember one thing, DONT TRUST ANYONE selling cross border. i got my old tippmann from Reddotpaintball.com (awful servise, do NOT shop here) and they charged me 60$ shipping FLAT RATE + customs clearance included. sure enough, they tagged me with another 30$ a month later for customs -__-

#21 Brewer_NovaScotia

Brewer_NovaScotia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

As i understand duties only apply to items that have a total value over 50$ or something. I know when i ordered some parts from ANS in total costing 70$ shipped, gifted (i hear this avoids duties), i did not get dinged with duties.

As said above, avoid couriers from states, they charge a brokerage fee (10-20% ontop of the X% of duties being charged by customs). These brokerage fees can be contested and lowered if you call complaining (i have gotten it lowered to like 5% instead of 20%)

#22 Nick101

Nick101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Anybody in Canada order from ActionVillage?? How are they shipping across the boarder??

#23 paulky

paulky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Duties will NOT cost you only 13% sales tax, i recently bought something worth $135 from Australia and had to pay $37 and change in duties, on top of my $50 shipping coast! So my total cost was $230 on a $135 idem.

#24 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Duties will NOT cost you only 13% sales tax, i recently bought something worth $135 from Australia and had to pay $37 and change in duties, on top of my $50 shipping coast! So my total cost was $230 on a $135 idem.

Yeah, duties are about 20-30%

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#25 Brewer_NovaScotia

Brewer_NovaScotia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Anybody in Canada order from ActionVillage?? How are they shipping across the boarder??

pretty much the same across the board for american online stores.

#26 AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

If you choose USPS as the shipping method when you order form ANS, you will not be charged duty. I've ordered multiple times, never been charged duty.

The reason UPS levies duty against shipments is because they use their own in-house brokerage to handle customs clearance, and pass the cost of this on to the end customer (you). USPS/Canada Post let Canada Customs handle this, which doesn't cost them anything, therefore you won't get charged.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users