• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bag06a

bag06a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just wondering how many of you find that apex tips and flatline barrels are actually beneficial? Do they REALLY make th ball go farther or is it propaganda and take advantage of the placebo effect??

#2 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Just wondering how many of you find that apex tips and flatline barrels are actually beneficial? Do they REALLY make th ball go farther or is it propaganda and take advantage of the placebo effect??

They go about 30 feet farther, and it;s not like it would break at that distance anyway.

#3 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

yes they noticably increase range

in my opinion the main reason to get a flatline or apex is the flatter trajectory. in heavily wooded areas the apex / flatline pretty much doubles your range because you cant arc your shot up with a regular barrel

anybody who tells you that the apex / flatline's advantages are a placebo effect is lying

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

The advantage of the apex is that you can shoot at a much flatter trajectory as opposed to arcing your shot. That can be devastating in the woods with the trees above you. If you dont play much woodsball, it isnt really worth it, but if you do, it can be awesome.

#5 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

It does shoot 30 feet farther, but balls dont break at that range, so the argument is moot.

If you do get it get it for the reason of flatter trajectory and trick shots. It does noticably do that. Having used one myself, I sold it soon after. Its not for me. But try ot for yourself and see if you like it.

Edited by Danny D, 25 April 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#6 Some_otherguy

Some_otherguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

I love my apex. Great in the bush, and a lot of fun on the speedball field. I definitely recommend it.

#7 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

They are better for shooting over hills, around comers, and tilting your barrel. As for range not really because paint isn't likely to break very far
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#8 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Like said before, they don't add that much extra range, what they do do is give you a flatter trajectory, which means you can point your marker at what you want to hit, instead of having to tilt your marker back to lob the balls onto your target.

#9 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Like said before, they don't add that much extra range, what they do do is give you a flatter trajectory, which means you can point your marker at what you want to hit, instead of having to tilt your marker back to lob the balls onto your target.

I have a bad habit of tilting my gun so I personally wouldn't use it.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#10 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Apex is not to good for speed ball, but rec play and hyper ball where you can nail people behind cover is really satisfying, takes some practice to get used to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users