• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theaznhobo

theaznhobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

hi everyone i just barely bought a new cp barrel and took it to the field last weekend. i was running through the mud slipped and drop the gun in the dirt. so i picked it up and fired a few shots and found that the end was plugged with dirt so i tried to squeegee the barrel and scratched the entire inside...but yea i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fix this or make the barrel usable because right now the accuracy is shot. any suggestions on what i could do are greatly appreciated

#2 LSUSINS

LSUSINS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

They come with a life time warranty. just call CP and they should be happy to fix it.
LSU PAINTBALL!!
Geaux Tigers!!

PBC

#3 Oblivion

Oblivion

Waffles. Mhm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Call CP, isnt there a lifetime warrenty on the barrel?

Posted Image

#4 theaznhobo

theaznhobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

awww sweeeeet. i had no idea thanks ill give them a try

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

Lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defect. That isn't a defect and quite easy for them to see that.

#6 Piercee

Piercee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

How bad is the damage? Surely a scratch cant make that much difference unless you seriously rammed and bent it! light scratching could be cured with some light emery-cloth wrapped around something to give an equal bore rub.

Sure your not using slightly naff paint? We played today and our paint had nipples!!!
Marshall- my gun don't work... Marshal- my gun don't work... Marshal- my gun don't work... Repeat until fade...

#7 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

Lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defect. That isn't a defect and quite easy for them to see that.

Yes, this is not a manufacturer's defect. Call CP and see what they can do for you, but don't lie to them. This is definitely user error.

But hey, think about it - for the cost of shipping the barrel 3x USPS priority, you can get a whole new barrel. They're great barrels BECAUSE they're inexpensive. You can get a whole new barrel for less than the cost of a case of paint.

Edited by CrazyLittle, 07 March 2009 - 05:05 PM.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#8 theaznhobo

theaznhobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

the scratches are pretty bad. there are probably 8 or so scratches running along the inside and they are causing some serious hooks. i mean not all the shots are that bad but at least a third of the shots are going crazy. it's still usable i guess but my stock barrel will be a lot more consistent. I have literally had the barrel for like a week and was wondering if there were any kind of polishing products or maybe places i could go to get the finish redone. I still have not been able to get a hold of cp so ill see how that goes. and im not sure what emory cloth is but ill take a look at it. thanks again to everyone ill let you guys know how it goes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users