If you're under 18 and pay for your gear, put this in your sig

#2 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

I have played once since November. I got off a Saturday in June.
Also, I'm in SW Virginia. We have Wolf's Ridge, Tiger (and hour from me), and Big Pearl (1.5 hours or so).

Also, I'm a Chef... I work every damn weekend haha

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#3 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey Pirate, I just moved to Roanoke from the northern virginia area. So far Ive only tried out Tiger. Do you normally play at Wolfs Ridge? Have you tried out big pearl?

#4 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

I have only played at Big Pearl twice, 5 or 6 years ago. Great field, and I understand that Jeremiah has upgraded the field a lot since then.
I had to watch myself there though. They are a Christian field, and I have the mouth of an angry Scotsman haha. The Refs were top notch.

Wolf's Ridge is, as much as I love the place, a weekend warrior/walk-on field. Karl a.k.a. Wolf (The owner) is a great guy as well. The field is pretty solid too.
The clients are incredibly varied.
You'll get people like me who are down to gun fight, drop a case or two of paint, get shot 10 times, and be just fine with it.
However, you also have kids on the same field that haven't even fired 10 paintballs in their life. The cool players tend to seek each other out on the field, and will tend to gunfight each other.
They have a "Safety Kill" rule so you can't bunker people, they also have a rule where if you shoot someone more than 3 or 4 times, you are also out (This is the ONLY thing I have had an issue with at the field. I was gunfighting 3 different people in the woods out of a terrible bunker. Hit a kid 7 times, 3 breaks/4 bounces in one fast rope. I was called out (he was too, but still...)

If you just got to Roanoke, there is a local team (called 42nd... something or another...) the captain is a Ref at Wolf's Ridge (also, the guy that called me out in the above situation haha). His name is David Atkins. Hit him up, and he can probably give you a little more detailed info. If I score this new job, I'm going to be a regular at all three of these fields. As it is now, I work weekends so rarely get out.

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#5 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Try living in rural central.va lol our local place is strugaling to stay in buisness! I wish I could make it up to pevs one day

#6 walk on pro

walk on pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Try living in rural central.va lol our local place is strugaling to stay in buisness! I wish I could make it up to pevs one day

you should its a really nice field

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#7 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Try living in rural centhral.va lol our local place is strugaling to stay in buisness! I wish I could make it up to pevs one day

you should its a really nice field

Its multiple hours away and a bit more expensive than my local feild I just cant get the cash together

#8 Sellingbrokenion

Sellingbrokenion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Forums have lost their a lot of their importance. With facebook and twitter people are now bombarded with information coming at them rather than having to seek it out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users