8 replies to this topic

#1 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

I found this browsing youtube. It would be really cool too see at LL or something as a mortar or even put on its side as a tank buster. It looks really easy to make and a lot of fun. I couldnt imagine the awesomeness of a mortar attack with a couple of those on the other side of a battle field, especially at LL. The only concern could be the plastic head, but you could easily replace that with like half a nerf football.

Edited by TheGuy, 27 April 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#2 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

There has been a lot of debate on the safety aspects of mortars. The rocket design would seem to lend itself a "safer" projectile than a nerf or grenade. Id like to see a vid of it impacting something it would tell a lot about if it could take a mask off with a direct hit or do any lasting damage. Sure the nose cone is an issue but you could form the foam to make a new nose. I dont know...Im half tempted to make a smalller version and stick it on the end of my Havoc and see what happens.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#3 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

That thing could probably knock off a mask easily. I would definetly size it down for paintball use. I wanted to see what people thought of the concept. If it was allowed, the rockets I would use would probably be only about 2" wide and about a foot long so they are safer, and I can carry way more rockets. I would probably also hollow out half of a foam football for the rocket tip so its safe. If this was legal I can imagine a 10-15ft kill radius taking out so many people in an open field area.

Edited by TheGuy, 27 April 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#4 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Yeah that size it probably would. I guess I already had the smaller version in my head when I posted. :blink:

Most producers dont allow the use of hair spray or other flammable aerosols as a propellent. It actually would be fairly simple to mod the design to run on co2 or HPA. The only real issue would be the rockets and what would happen if one would accidently hit a player.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#5 paintballaddict247

paintballaddict247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

im working on a 3d rough model on solid edge would it be more practical to use a screw to move it up and down or colapsaqble locking legs? also would making a paintball grenade thing work like a ballon almost that you fire out of it?

#6 tschneider15

tschneider15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Im not sure if its safe for game use but and airsoft company makes a mortar that could be used in paintball called Hades Arrow. youd probably just have to ask the field owner first but it seems like a cool little toy to play with.

#7 Op28

Op28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Well, if you want a rocket launcher, rap4 sells one, its the panzerfaust, its pretty crazy.

#8 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I doubt making this smaller would make it any safer. In fact, I think a smaller one would be more dangerous.

#9 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thats basically the same design that every potato gun uses, they're not very safe. I'd imagine that it would have to be changed into something that used compressed air, which would be pretty easy, and much safer.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users