• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Im thinking of getting a tech t hush bolt for 20$ used in excellent condition and a CP 15$ feed-neck also used 10/10 condition i was wondering if those upgrades make a difference and if the price is good.

Also looking for a good $30> barrel, ive heard the cp barrels are good but wondering if any other good barrels available.

Edit: link to the items im thinking about getting http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=189958

Edited by AzodinBlitz2011, 28 April 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#2 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

$35 for those seem like a pretty good deal so id go for it. try nd talk him down and see and if he will do both for $30 shipped. i would skip the barrel upgrade though and save that money. do you mind if i ask why you want a barrel upgrade?
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#3 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

$35 for those seem like a pretty good deal so id go for it. try nd talk him down and see and if he will do both for $30 shipped. i would skip the barrel upgrade though and save that money. do you mind if i ask why you want a barrel upgrade?

Actually the reason im buying a new barrel is because i dont have the stock barrel, and yeah i was planing on lowering the price a bit.

#4 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

You should get a Lurker Eigenbarrel in .684. Perfect bore for everything!

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#5 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

bolt and feedneck wont make any difference on the blitz. The stock feedneck works perfectly fine. Also, my friend got the hush for his blitz and found it to cause more problems. Also, a stacked tube blow back isn't going to gain any efficiency or become any quieter.

#6 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

oh, well a barrel is pretty important then huhPosted Image iv heard good thing about CP barrels but im no were close to an expert on current barrels, so ill let someone else give advice on that.

edit: damn ninjas snuck in here

Edited by NoLimitsOnLife, 28 April 2012 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#7 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

bolt and feedneck wont make any difference on the blitz. The stock feedneck works perfectly fine. Also, my friend got the hush for his blitz and found it to cause more problems. Also, a stacked tube blow back isn't going to gain any efficiency or become any quieter.

Well i have no barrel atm so i need to buy a barrel, which would you recommend? I want the feed-neck for the blitz because i don't like twist lock feed-necks, also i heard the tech=t bolt has problems only if you have wrong o-ring size. But its only 20$ so im willing to take the risk. What advantages would it provide if it is working? Its worth 55$ it has to provide advantages

You should get a Lurker Eigenbarrel in .684. Perfect bore for everything!

How much are they worth? Also im not sure which bore the paintball's i use are i just get regular Walmart paint and i play in new york. Can you link me one of those barrels

#8 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'd recommend the Lurker barrel, or a Lapco Snapshot, Or the Deadlywind. The techt bolt really gives no advantage. It doesn't help the gun at all. Its worth $55 cause people are willing to shell out money to "upgrade" their gun, then create some sort of psychological reasoning of how it somehow benefits from said waste of money. Get the feedneck if you want, but I've got a friends blitz in my hands right now and the feedneck clamps on halos, vmax's and nokios just fine.

I'd also suggest staying away from walmart paint. Buy the low grade paint at your field, it will shoot better for nearly the same price.

Barrel links:
http://www.ansgear.c...ckr-12-689d.htm
http://paintballgate...ficfcafiba.html
http://www.lurkerpb....he-eigenbarrel/

#9 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'd recommend the Lurker barrel, or a Lapco Snapshot, Or the Deadlywind. The techt bolt really gives no advantage. It doesn't help the gun at all. Its worth $55 cause people are willing to shell out money to "upgrade" their gun, then create some sort of psychological reasoning of how it somehow benefits from said waste of money. Get the feedneck if you want, but I've got a friends blitz in my hands right now and the feedneck clamps on halos, vmax's and nokios just fine.

I'd also suggest staying away from walmart paint. Buy the low grade paint at your field, it will shoot better for nearly the same price.

Barrel links:
http://www.ansgear.c...ckr-12-689d.htm
http://paintballgate...ficfcafiba.html
http://www.lurkerpb....he-eigenbarrel/

The barrels you are linking are way out of my budged haha im looking for something around 30$ I've shot Walmart paint and I've shot the paint at my local field. The paint at my local field is horrible compared to the Walmart paint.

http://www.walmart.c...tballs/16541584 - paint that i mentioned

#10 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

The Lurker is only $40. The other barrels are just what else to look for, maybe used. Best barrels on the market.

Unless what your field uses as rec paint is stinger or basic training, you shouldn't have problems. Stuff like heat, GI Sports 1 star, and valken infinity shoot money for $40.

#11 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

The Lurker is only $40. The other barrels are just what else to look for, maybe used. Best barrels on the market.

Unless what your field uses as rec paint is stinger or basic training, you shouldn't have problems. Stuff like heat, GI Sports 1 star, and valken infinity shoot money for $40.

I would get different paint but i dont order paint online and those jt paint are the only thing they have at Walmart, my field is very cheap and buys the cheapest things they can get on the market so i would rather buy the jt paint rather then the local field's paint. Also im not sure which bore size to get for my barrel.

#12 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

honestly, either under bore, or over bore. Get something around .678-.682 or .687-.691

#13 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

honestly, either under bore, or over bore. Get something around .678-.682 or .687-.691

Alright thanks, you think .678 bore barrel would be good for the JT paint i mentioned?

#14 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Problem with the walmart paint is that every case is going to be completely different. You never know how old it is. Personally, I'd go with an overbore. So anything in the .687+ area should be good.

#15 Titan429

Titan429

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

If I were you I would probably go .687 on the barrel. I shoot jt paint for backyard practice and sometimes the balls float through my barrel and other times I have to force them through(with the barrel off and sliding the balls themselves through). My stock kaos barrel is .689 I do believe

#16 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Problem with the walmart paint is that every case is going to be completely different. You never know how old it is. Personally, I'd go with an overbore. So anything in the .687+ area should be good.

On the link with the eigenbarrel they dont have a .687+ barrel

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

The ghostly voice says to check out the Disruptive Barrels, specifically the ones in .685

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 FeFF

FeFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

My local field forces heat paint at 65$ a box and I have more barrel breaks in my a5 apex / flateline then the higher grade wally paint.

Barrel!!!!!!
Budget = eBay.
If you look you will find dealers like ansgear etc selling same items brand new but half the price then there sights lol
Clearance deals... Etc

#19 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

While I do agree with the bolt. I can't agree with the feed neck. The Blitz comes stock with the old Spyder style twist neck. Not the greatest of necks, even for a beginner marker. I bought one of these for my RS, greatly improved how my loader sits and secures to the marker. It's Ion threaded, so will fit pretty much anything.

#20 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

On the link with the eigenbarrel they dont have a .687+ barrel

get the .684 lurker, it is stepped up at the end and it will work well with a good underbore for most paint. it is right in the middle of the road on bores so you will be good all around.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users